“Great place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Frisco, United States
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

It is a new hotel with great amenities and a very convenient location. The beds are extremely comfortable. The staff is pleasant and helpful. There is a shuttle that can take you short distances from the hotel- that is very convenient.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Michelle,

Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. We are extremely excited about your feedback. We have been working really hard at taking the extra steps to show our guests how appreciative we are for them and thinking of new ways to wow our guests. I'm happy to hear that our work has not been in vain. If you find yourself in Nashville again, please come back and see us so that we can show you even greater service. Afterall, we are pushing to be the very best hosts in Nashville. In closing, I would like to thank you again for your feedback and for choosing us as your host hotel while you were in Nashville.

Timothy Horne,

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed here during the opening of the hotel. The customer service was AWFUL!!!! The fire alarm went off at 8:00am I was told it was a test alarm. There were housekeepers who came into my room unannounced on 2 different occasions and not in uniform... Scared my family we thought someone was breaking into our room. Also had the Internet/cable people come to the room @ 8:00 am in the morning indicating they needed to check the service. I was charged for 2 nights parking that I did not use. One day housekeeping did not clean the room when I requested service. You ask why I didn't leave if the service was bad. I was there due to a family member being hospitalized and its was walking distance to the hospital. When I complained I was informed that the hotel was in a soft opening. The icing on the cake was my friend who made the reservation on my behalf credit card was charged my full visit although my card was provided when I checked in. It took over 7 business days for her account to be credited. The hotel was nice because its a brand new construction however please make sure that they are not in a soft opening. I would have thought because they were a Vanderbilt property and in a new opening that service would have been excellent. The GM was not very professional and gave excuses for the poor service instead of offering to help. In fairness I did have an employee from another Hilton who was present who heard my complaints, apologized and handled things in a very professional manner. The hotel was very nice it is my hope that the customer service will improve and that the employees will be taught that good customer service and ensuring that your customers-are paying guest that outweighs anything.

• Stayed October 2013
Cally A, General Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns regarding your recent stay with us. Let me start again by apologizing for the multitude of mishaps that occurred during your six night visit.

Our hotel did in fact open earlier than it probably should have, due to a commitment we had made earlier in the year to a group of people. Because of the situation, many projects, which you mentioned above, were in their final stages of completion. We are truly sorry for the experience you had and as part of our Suite Assurance Guarantee were more than happy to refund the cost of your entire six night stay.

Please know that although we are not there yet, in the last few weeks, we have made great strides towards our goal of becoming the first choice for travelers to Nashville when they look for outstanding service and exceptional quality. Thank you again for your time and feedback.

Cally Alumbaugh
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a new property. The rooms are clean, modern, spacious, and include a small kitchenette. They offer a free breakfast in the morning, which could have been quite nice, but the wait for the waffle machine was crazy long and they kept running out of bacon before I could get any. I ended up just having cereal. Internet in the hotel is free. The location is ideal if you are visiting Vanderbilt. This isn't a 5-star property, but great for what it is. I booked through hotels.com and paid under 100usd. What a deal! I would definitely stay there again. Parking is 23 used a day.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Allie,

Than you so much for your feedback concerning your recent stay with us. We are extremely happy that you chose our hotel, and we are even more excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do sincerely apologize for the wait on the waffle machines and the bacon running out. There are some kinks we are still working through, but I am glad to tell you that we are getting better every day. I truly hope that if you are in Nashville again, that you will stay with us. While here, feel free to stop by and see me. I would love to hear from you how you feel we have improved since your last stay. After all, our goal is to wow every guest, every day.

With Thanks,

Westlake, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Homewood Suites by Hilton in Nashville, TN was a wonderful experience. We travel a lot, and this hotel is one of our favorites! The staff was helpful in every aspect of our stay, valet is a must where ever we stay and their valet service was exceptional.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Catherine,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to let us know about your stay with us. I am truly excited by your review. It is apparent from your review that we did a great job of taking care of you. That is always our goal. I would like you to know that I am sharing your kind words with our entire staff, especially our valet team. I am sure they will be just as excited about what you have told us. With that in mind, I truly hope that when you return to Nashville, that you will stay with us again. We are eager to see if we can exceed your expectations even further than we did with this past stay.

Yours In Service

2400 West End Ave.
Office (615) 340-8000 ext. 558
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

With a few tweaks this hotel can really take out the Marriott and Loews near Vanderbilt with exceptional staff and comfortable surroundings. They need to work on room temps and cleanup but the breakfasts and evening snacks are exceptional as are the people who staff the reception and breakfast room. I hope they keep up the work they have done so far!!! Rooms on the street can be noisy and we had a work crew on the street for hours into the night that kept us up but I don't fault the hotel for that!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Liz,

Thank you so much for your review of our property, and thank you for staying with us as well. I truly appreciate the encouraging words concerning our staff and our property. I also appreciate your understanding of the work that the city is performing outside of our hotel. We have spoken with them several times and they have given us dates that they will finish. Honestly, they have missed the dates that they quoted us. However, from the looks of things, they are almost finish. I would like you to know everything that you said in this review, we are taking it to heart so that we can continue to improve the way we take care of our guests. I hope that you will come back and stay with us so that you can see the progress that we have made, and give us more feedback. If you think of anything else, please feel free to give me a call.

Appreciating our Guests,

Office (615) 340-8000 ext. 558
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel is very nice and clean. The location is very convenient to me. I was in town for work and it is very close to the office so it was perfect. Staff is very helpful. Nice workout room. I never had a chance to check out the pool, but I will do that next time, because I will stay here again if I am coming to Nashville again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Annika,

Thank you so much for your imput concerning your recent stay here at our hotel. I would like you to know that I am excited that you had a great stay with us. I am even more excited that you will be coming back. Because it sounds as if you will be coming to Nashville pretty often, I will be asking my Director of Sales to give you a call. Kim Lopez is an outstanding resource for our guests who come to stay with us regularly. There are definitely some benefits to having a conversation with her. In the meantime, I really just want to thank you for staying with us. We never consider that a light thing because we know that there are hundreds of other hotels you could have chosen. You chose us, and we are eternally grateful for that.

Striving to Exceed our Guests Expectations,

Homewood Suites at Vanderbilt
Midland Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We were in town for a college visit, and this hotel is conveniently located near Vanderbilt and Belmont. It is also very close to Music Row, and other downtown attractions. There are also countless restaurants within a few block radius from this hotel. It is a new hotel, so of course everything is nice. The breakfast was delicious - 3 hot offerings each day, in addition to oatmeal and the usual waffles/toast/cereal. Coffee was available all day and was quite good. The lobby is nicely decorated and comfortable. There is no parking lot - you have to pay a daily rate to either valet or self park your car.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Jackie D,

I would first like to thank you for taking time out to review our hotel. We always value the opinions and ideas of our guests. After all, you are the reason why we are here. I just wanted you to know that as I read your review, I smiled from ear to ear because I believe I remember you. I hope everything went well with the college visits and I truly hope that when you all pick a college, that you pick one of our Nashville schools. Either way, you have our full support and we wish you the best with your college adventures. If you are ever in the Nashville area again, stop by and visit with us. Let us know how things went with the college search, and give us another opportunity to give you great service. We hope to see you soon.

Making Service the Priority,

Nashville, TN 37203

Been to Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!