“Very nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Chicago, Illinois
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a new property. The rooms are clean, modern, spacious, and include a small kitchenette. They offer a free breakfast in the morning, which could have been quite nice, but the wait for the waffle machine was crazy long and they kept running out of bacon before I could get any. I ended up just having cereal. Internet in the hotel is free. The location is ideal if you are visiting Vanderbilt. This isn't a 5-star property, but great for what it is. I booked through hotels.com and paid under 100usd. What a deal! I would definitely stay there again. Parking is 23 used a day.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Allie,

Than you so much for your feedback concerning your recent stay with us. We are extremely happy that you chose our hotel, and we are even more excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do sincerely apologize for the wait on the waffle machines and the bacon running out. There are some kinks we are still working through, but I am glad to tell you that we are getting better every day. I truly hope that if you are in Nashville again, that you will stay with us. While here, feel free to stop by and see me. I would love to hear from you how you feel we have improved since your last stay. After all, our goal is to wow every guest, every day.

With Thanks,

253 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Westlake, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Homewood Suites by Hilton in Nashville, TN was a wonderful experience. We travel a lot, and this hotel is one of our favorites! The staff was helpful in every aspect of our stay, valet is a must where ever we stay and their valet service was exceptional.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Catherine,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to let us know about your stay with us. I am truly excited by your review. It is apparent from your review that we did a great job of taking care of you. That is always our goal. I would like you to know that I am sharing your kind words with our entire staff, especially our valet team. I am sure they will be just as excited about what you have told us. With that in mind, I truly hope that when you return to Nashville, that you will stay with us again. We are eager to see if we can exceed your expectations even further than we did with this past stay.

Yours In Service

2400 West End Ave.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

With a few tweaks this hotel can really take out the Marriott and Loews near Vanderbilt with exceptional staff and comfortable surroundings. They need to work on room temps and cleanup but the breakfasts and evening snacks are exceptional as are the people who staff the reception and breakfast room. I hope they keep up the work they have done so far!!! Rooms on the street can be noisy and we had a work crew on the street for hours into the night that kept us up but I don't fault the hotel for that!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Liz,

Thank you so much for your review of our property, and thank you for staying with us as well. I truly appreciate the encouraging words concerning our staff and our property. I also appreciate your understanding of the work that the city is performing outside of our hotel. We have spoken with them several times and they have given us dates that they will finish. Honestly, they have missed the dates that they quoted us. However, from the looks of things, they are almost finish. I would like you to know everything that you said in this review, we are taking it to heart so that we can continue to improve the way we take care of our guests. I hope that you will come back and stay with us so that you can see the progress that we have made, and give us more feedback. If you think of anything else, please feel free to give me a call.

Appreciating our Guests,

Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel is very nice and clean. The location is very convenient to me. I was in town for work and it is very close to the office so it was perfect. Staff is very helpful. Nice workout room. I never had a chance to check out the pool, but I will do that next time, because I will stay here again if I am coming to Nashville again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Annika,

Thank you so much for your imput concerning your recent stay here at our hotel. I would like you to know that I am excited that you had a great stay with us. I am even more excited that you will be coming back. Because it sounds as if you will be coming to Nashville pretty often, I will be asking my Director of Sales to give you a call. Kim Lopez is an outstanding resource for our guests who come to stay with us regularly. There are definitely some benefits to having a conversation with her. In the meantime, I really just want to thank you for staying with us. We never consider that a light thing because we know that there are hundreds of other hotels you could have chosen. You chose us, and we are eternally grateful for that.

Striving to Exceed our Guests Expectations,

Homewood Suites at Vanderbilt
Midland Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We were in town for a college visit, and this hotel is conveniently located near Vanderbilt and Belmont. It is also very close to Music Row, and other downtown attractions. There are also countless restaurants within a few block radius from this hotel. It is a new hotel, so of course everything is nice. The breakfast was delicious - 3 hot offerings each day, in addition to oatmeal and the usual waffles/toast/cereal. Coffee was available all day and was quite good. The lobby is nicely decorated and comfortable. There is no parking lot - you have to pay a daily rate to either valet or self park your car.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Jackie D,

I would first like to thank you for taking time out to review our hotel. We always value the opinions and ideas of our guests. After all, you are the reason why we are here. I just wanted you to know that as I read your review, I smiled from ear to ear because I believe I remember you. I hope everything went well with the college visits and I truly hope that when you all pick a college, that you pick one of our Nashville schools. Either way, you have our full support and we wish you the best with your college adventures. If you are ever in the Nashville area again, stop by and visit with us. Let us know how things went with the college search, and give us another opportunity to give you great service. We hope to see you soon.

Making Service the Priority,

vienna, va
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

First of all, let's just start with the positives about this hotel. It is beautifully situated diagonally across from the Vanderbilt bookstore so it is a perfect option for parents or anyone else who needs to be close to campus. The statue in the main courtyard, "Nashville Cats" by Jim Paso is worth a trip there (even if you are not staying at the hotel) . . .utterly magnificent, mesmerizing, and fantastic to see at night. The rooms were fine . . .clean, stainless steel full size refrigerator, two televisions, bathtub/shower combination. However, I stayed there approximately two weeks after opening (10/26-10/28) and there were still lots of kinks to be worked out.

Unlike your other reviews, I did not have a great time at check-in. Not only did the employee checking me in answer the phone several times while I was waiting (in spite of there being three others behind the counter who could have done so), she appeared quite flummoxed by the process . . .particularly the Honors part.

Once in the room, there was a dirty towel left in the bathroom and no complimentary water. More disturbing, however, was the complete lack of information regarding the hotel and its amenities. No television channel list, no information about breakfast, no info about the hours of the health club, info regarding parking, etc. When I inquired about this the next day, I was told all the pages had been printed, but the notebooks to hold the pages had not arrived. I was able to be provided a list of the television channels only when I specifically asked for one.

Arrived to breakfast Sunday morning which was quite crowded and when I went to the buffet, no eggs left, no hash browns, no bagels. Also, several containers of coffee were completely dispersed. It appeared that they had underestimated the crowd and had not planned accordingly. In addition, the evening before the front desk staff were handing out these little orange cards about a downtown shuttle but knew nothing about it, i.e. "Where do we pick up the shuttle?" was met with the response, "You'll need to check with the valet." Another question, "How often does the shuttle run and where does it go?", "You'll have to check with the valet about that." This seems to be pretty basic information that hotel staff should have known.

Lastly, let's get to this shower situation. When I took a shower Sunday morning, my water was warm . . .not hot . ..but merely warm. I decided not to complain until the next day when my daughter asked me, "Mom, was your water hot? I wanted to take a bath but it wasn't hot enough." Oh, this conversation also occurred downstairs at 9:30 at which time we had missed breakfast (it was a Monday) . ..partly because there was no information in the room about breakfast! Furthermore, I had no idea if there was room service, where the ice machines were, nor the time of checkout.

Finally, checkout time . . .as a Hilton Honors member, I inquired as to whether I could be allowed to check out at 2:00 pm. Originally, I was told absolutely not, then I was told that I could have until 1:00. As we were heading out to the Hermitage (and it was 10:00 am), I knew it would be cutting it short . . .when I asked to see the manager, the time was magically changed to 2:00.

Now, let's talk about the manager . . .Cally Alumbaugh. I asked to talk with her during check-out, and she was quite defensive when I brought up the little snafus that had made our stay somewhat less than optimal. For example, I asked why she didn't print out a one page list of "things to know" about this hotel, and she said they were working on it (yes . . .their pages were in the drawers.) Then when I told her that I didn't even know if there was room service or not, she replied, "Of course not . . .Homewood Suites don't have restaurants" as if this was common knowledge. Then we talked about the water situation and how the water was not hot. She checked in the computer and stated, "No one else has complained about the temperature of the water on the 7th floor." Well, unless there was someone else taking a shower with me, or a cold bath with my daughter, I'm not sure why there would have been a complaint about the shower in my room! Lastly, I asked why when I booked my room by calling the hotel directly, I was quoted a price that was $30.00 higher than what was on Expedia . . .no response to that.

So, the bottom line is this . . .Ms. Alumbaugh was kind enough to comp one night of my two night's stay by handing me a bill (she never actually said she was doing this). . .but really, what I wanted was validation that my concerns were real and important to management. Instead, I felt "handled", "dismissed", and disregarded as a long time Hilton customer.

Room Tip: If you face the circular drive, you will hear people coming in and out of the driveway all night lon...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hello,

I would like to start out by thanking you for taking time to tell us about your stay with us. I would like you to know that your feedback is always important to me. It is only through the feedback of our guests, that we can know what we are doing well and where we can improve. Here at the Homewood, we pride ourselves on delivering a great product and even better service. Unfortunately, it does not seem as if this was your experience. I would like to apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay. From your poor check in experience, to the cold water, and our mis-handling of the situation when you came to tell us about it.

One thing that you said during your review really stood out to me, and that was that you really wanted to know that your concerns were real and important to management. Please let me be very clear in saying this. Your concerns are definitely real and they are very important to me. Honestly, your concerns are the only things that are important to me. We are here to provide a service. If you, as my guest, have a concern, complaint, issue, or a suggestion, it is definitely important to me. I want to hear what you have to say, because without that, we cannot improve. Because your review does not have your name on it, I am unable to find your reservation. I have definitely looked for it because I wanted to call you so that I can find out more of what you encountered. However, if you could please give me a call, I would love to hear from you. I can be reached at either of the numbers listed below. If you cannot reach me in the office, please call me on my cell phone. I will be waiting and hoping to hear from you.

Serving With Love,

Assistant General Manager]
Cell (615) 738-7681
Milton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Arrived during the hotel's opening week. A great location across from the Vanderbilt campus. Our two bedroom suite was very nice -- comfortable beds, larger than average bedrooms, and a spacious living room / mini-kitchen. Overall, we were very happy with this hotel - a few "opening" week fumbles, but it'll be a great hotel once they work out the kinks!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Andrew,

As always, I would like to start out by thanking you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review on our hotel. I understand that there are many other things that you could have been doing, but you chose to let us know what you thought of us, and we are thankful. I am definitely elated that you had such a great stay with us. I am actually smiling right now, because you were one of our original guests, and it says a lot to me that you thought so highly of us. That is always exciting. I would like you to know that we are now almost a month in, and we have fixed a lot of the kinks that come with a new hotel. However, we realize that the work does not stop there. We will continue to work on making this hotel the greatest hotel here in Nashville. When we reach that mark, we will work even harder to maintain that mark. We are not doing it so that we can brag on how great we are. We simply want the best for our guests. With that said, we definitely hope that you will come back and stay with us again. When you do, stop in and ask for me. i would love to talk with you further to see how we improved from your last visit to your next. I also welcome any constructive criticism or suggestions on how we can achieve that next level of excellence.

Striving for Perfection

Nashville, TN 37203

Been to Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!