“They mean hot!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Las Vegas, Nevada
“They mean hot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

So I knew we were coming to Nashville so I researched food that I knew hubby and I would like. This place was really good, but they are not kidding about how hot their hot flavor is. Hubby and I ordered the breast quarter plate. The options for flavor are regular, mild and hot. I got the mild and hubby got the hot. The hot was beyond his ability, but it was really good and the mild was NOT mild but again, the flavor was incredible. Hubby got the mac&cheese and greens for sides, both of which were amazing. I got the fries and corn on the cob, which were also very enjoyable. This is a little out of the way but totally worth the trip. I second the getting it to go as it is a tiny place with three tables.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Orlando, Florida
“So Spicy & Delicous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

NY Times was right - really flavorful and incredibly tasty. I advise to order to go food. Place is small and hot, but you have to experience it once!

Visited July 2012
Royal Oak, MI
“Crust so crispy you can hear it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We seek out authentic local food in our travels and baby, this place is the real McCoy. It looks like a dive but don't be fooled. It has a 94 inspection rating.

The chicken and fish have a crust so crispy you can hear your dining partner eating. The crust (we got medium heat) is sublimely delicious, keeping the chicken underneath moist and tender.

The mac and cheese is sensational, heavily laced with black pepper.

New Rochelle, New York, United States
“Good chicken and catfish.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Bolton's was delicious. We visited from NY, when Mr. Bolton heard that he said he really appreciated us coming to visit and he personally cooked our chicken. FYI Bolton's just started opening on Sundays. They close on Sundays at 7pm. You gotta try this chicken. People did dine in however I would order to go.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Haven, Connecticut
“run down-looking shack with excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Don't be turned away by the run-down, half-buried building with a tiny, cramped, dirty dining area. This place serves the best spicy fried chicken and spicy fried catfish that I've ever tasted! If you can handle spice, I'd recommend still getting the mild. Their mild/medium/hot is not your standard. My friend who drinks Sriacha sauce and Tabasco sauce could not handle the "hot" spiciness at all, and had to drop down to a mild. The mild spiciness is still quite spicy but very flavorful. The chicken wings and catfish were so tender!