“Super Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Sturgeon Bay
“Super Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was my first stay at a Home2 Suites, and I couldn't have been more impressed! It is a terrific value. This property is only 4 months old, and it's furnishings are modern and comfortable. The rooms are nicely apportioned with a well-stocked kitchen. While it seems odd that there's no stovetop in a room with an almost full-size refrigerator and dishwasher, they have portable stovetops with grills.

The hotels has two lovely patios--one has a gas fire pit, and the other has gas grills. The exercise room was larger than those in similar-priced hotels. The pool is large and warm. (No whirlpool, but the pool is seriously warm.) I thought the breakfast was very good and diverse. The hotel is in a quiet location, and the rooms are solidly built and quiet, too.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. Our first morning at breakfast, the Manager (at least we think she was the Manager) spent a great deal of time telling us where to go and what to see, and she gave us many insider tips. The hotel operates a shuttle, but it ONLY goes to the airport, so be aware that a cab ride downtown is between $25 - 30. A shuttle service called Driving Miss Daisy charges $5 per head, but it's shared-ride and will stop at other hotels along the way.

You should be aware that this hotel operates like an Extended Stay, so there is only light housekeeping during your stay, and there is no housekeeping on the weekends unless you request it. You receive full housekeeping on the 5th day.

I only had one minor problem--the refrigerator makes an odd noise periodically, and it's loud. It wasn't just our fridge, either, because we had adjoining rooms with our family, and their fridge did the same thing.

I have one suggestion for this hotel--you really MUST have housekeeping vacuum the hallways on the weekends, too! It's shameful that adults can't clean up after themselves (cause I didn't see any kids around), but there was garbage in our hallway on Saturday--plus tons of crumbs.

All in all, it was a GREAT stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
La Toya T, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thanks for choosing the Home2Suites Nashville Airport during your stay. We value your comments greatly and was happy to hear that your stay was more enjoyable. We hope that the next time that you are in Nashville that you choose the Home2Suites Nashville Airport..Its your Home2.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
El Paso, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Overall, a great clean hotel in a nice area. Only complaint (not a deal breaker) but they serve frozen breakfast sandwiches for breakfast, but they do have a waffel maker. Very spacious rooms, clean and modern.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

La Toya T, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Airport, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thanks for choosing the Home2Suites Nashville Airport during your stay. We value your comments greatly and was happy to hear that your stay was most enjoyable. We hope that the next time that you are in Nashville that you choose the Home2Suites Nashville Airport..Its your Home2.
Atlanta, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Keep up the good work and I hope just because this hotel has been opened for 4 months it doesnt lose it appearance. Just as I mentioned earlier the front desk need to follow up on there calls to the customers and let the guest know if children not to be running in halls and keep the noise at a level that is respectful to the guest.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

La Toya T, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Airport, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank You for staying at the Home2Suites Nashville Airport.I would like to apologize for the lack of customer service care given. We are constantly training and re-training our GSA's, so that these things will not happen again. We pride ourselves in given our guest the best stay ever, which is why we will continue to train so that when you stay with us at the HOME2 again, you will not have to experience that again.
Phoenix, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I really liked this hotel. It was clean and new, the staff was friendly and helpful, and I liked that I could do some laundry as I was on an extended trip. However, the plumbing is incredibly loud - I could hear my neighbors flushing their toilets because it reverberated through my room, and often woke me up in the middle of the night. Otherwise a great stay - I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank You for tyour recent stay at the Home2Suites Nashville Airport. We would like to apologize for the plumbing issue, we are new and still trying to work the kinks out. Your feedback is very important to us, it only helps us to improve for your next stay. Thank You again for the helpful feedback and we cannot wait to see you again on your next stay at the Home2Suites Nashville Airport.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I am a huge hilton fan and usually stay at the Embassy Suites Nashville. But I decided to try this Home 2 Suites by Hilton. The place is pretty, clean and you can tell it is a newer property. It has all the makings of a great stay. BUT.... the bed was horrible. Usually at the Embassy the bed is so comfortable. This bed felt like laying on concrete. My partner and i woke uup every morning with back pain. If you want clean and new stay here. Comfy bed then dont.

Room Tip: Dont stay on first floor.... could have a lot of traffic. Dont eat the beautiful green apples in the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
La Toya T, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
We would like to thank you for staying at the Home2, and would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you had to endure. If there is anymore that we can do for you let us know. We pride ourselves on making our guests satisfied!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is one of the hotels that I return on a regular basis. Although it locates away from the main road, it pack with a punch. Their services were beyond my expectations. The staff was friendly and always made me feel welcome. Sadly, I didn't get a chance to get all of their names but I will surely. This hotel is basically brand new. Everything from inside to the outside is modernized. There is a fireplace to right outside to keep you warm. It is simply amazing. It made me feel like I was in my backyard. Simply wow. If you're ever in the Nashville area, you should give this hotel a try. It's minutes from the airport and downtown. The staff will wow you

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Home 2 was a new find for me on my recent trip to Nashville. Close to the airport. Hotel has a shuttle to the airport. Clean and fresh rooms. Friendly staff. Reasonable rates. I suggest this hotel if you like value, cleanliness, and courtesy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Airport? Share your experiences!