“Lots of Love for Loveless! ♥” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 1,725 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Loveless Motel and Cafe first started serving its famous fried chicken and biscuits in 1951. A favorite spot to grab a good ole country breakfast for locals and tourists alike, today the Loveless Cafe serves more than 400,000 guests a year and makes between 4,000 to 7,000 biscuits a day, using founder Annie Loveless' original secret recipe. The Food Network awarded the Southern eatery with its best biscuits award in 2010.
Medford, Oregon
“Lots of Love for Loveless! ♥”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I recently accompanied my grown daughter in relocating her family to Nashville from Oregon. She had experienced Loveless Café on one of her previous visits when deciding to make the move, and took me there as a culmination of our grand adventure. What a treat!! The history, the food, the service...all just wonderful. I had several flashbacks of a trip to Missouri when I was a child...the biscuits, the sorghum, and the sweet tea. Loved the choices of sides...including sweet potatoes! Portion sizes are huge. I had the sampler (meat loaf, pulled pork and ham) and coleslaw and sweet potatoes. I ate less that half, had another meal from it later and there was still enough pork to make a couple of sandwiches. It's a little out of the way, but totally worth the effort. Very fun!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Pinellas Park, Florida, USA
“Southern Diner with Style”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We ate a late dinner here on our trip, having come up the Natchez Trace Parkway, and found the food satisyfing and more than enough. Generous portions of their special fried chicken filled me up fast, and their homemade biscuits were very good. (And I'm not a big biscuit eater.) The chicken was a little dry under the skin but juicy nearer the bone. My wife and son had a harder time finding something as they prefer other styles of food, but were filled quickly with their orders. Service was fast and excellent, and the pies looked delicious (but we didn't have any). It's a nice little slice of America before the Interstate, and as such had a great story behind it. We also visited the little gift shop next door, where you could take home some souvenirs of the restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
st joseph
“Nothing special...save your time.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I chose to visit the Loveless Cafe based upon the reviews I read on Tripadvisor. My husband and I left Nashville and drove about 30 minutes to the Loveless Cafe. We arrived around 10:30 am on a Saturday. At that time the wait was 1hr 30 minutes. We decided to stay since the reviews were so great. The cafe has additional buildings on site to keep you busy while you wait. An artist quality gift store, a childrens store, a general store that sells souvenirs and Loveless food product. There are a couple areas where you can play yard games. There are benches, chairs & picnic tables to sit at while you wait. The wait was so long for some families that they purchased food and drink to keep their children happy. The staff was friendly and very busy. After they seat you, they bring you a plate of small biscuits and jams. We asked the server about suggestions. He said fried chicken was their speciality. His personal favorite was the boneless porkchops. He explained they were smoked in their own smokehouse and was delicious. Those are the two items we ordered. The fried chicken was overcooked. The crust was very crispy and dark brown and the meat was dry. The pork chops were tastless and very dry. The only positive was the peach perserves that I drug them in to add flavor. The pork chops consisted of three large/thick slices. I could only finish one piece. If I had cooked this dry pork at home, I would have considered it a failure. Side dishes we had: mashed potatoes/gravy and macaroni & cheese very good. Fried orka was overcooked. Hard coating and many pieces stuck together in a large clump. It actually hurt my teeth to bite into these. When the staff would come around they would make comments about the size of the servings, but little about the quality. The server did ask about the pork chops. I said to him "it's pork, good thing I got the peach perserves". He said "the peach perserves make the dish". What! the pork is supposed to make the dish. Our server was friendly but we waited about 10 minutes for our check and go box. Fyi, I took the pork but threw it away later...I never do that. I am not a picky eater or a snobby foodie. I am from the Midwest and there are many places to get food better than this. The biscuits were good but they are just biscuits! I have had better fried chicken from grocery store deli counters. This business has created a tourist draw from the Nashville area. They have pamplets in the tourist racks all over town. If you are driving by and are hungry that's one thing. Don't leave Nashville and travel 30 minutes for this experience, it's nothing special. Similar food can be found at Cracker Barrel. In hindsight, I wish I would have informed the manager about the food. I'm sure there are things on the menu that was better.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
2 Thank sightseesylvia P
Ocala, Florida
“Great breakfast in Nashville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

The Loveless Café is a small little place almost in the middle of nowhere, but is a definite must eat when in the Nashville area. I got a bbq breakfast plate (yes, that's right, bbq for breakfast!) that consisted of corn fritters topped with a huge pile of moist, delicious pork bbq, two eggs, hash brown casserole, and all the biscuits you want. My wife got a cheese omelet and was very happy with it as well. The biscuits are what Loveless is famous for. They are kind of surprising in that they are very small and don't really look exactly like a true biscuit, but they taste just like one and are nice and light. The staff was very friendly and attentive, and we have added Loveless to our gps list of restaurants, hoping for a chance to be in the area again sometime. We were there relatively early on a Wednesday morning, and had no problem getting a table. We have heard that there can be a wait after 9 AM.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

If you are in Nashville, drive to the Loveless. I don't care if you have to drive 30 minutes out of your way (which we did), you *will* get the best biscuits ever. Hands down. It has a lot of history and is quirky in that way that isn't cloying. We were seated right away, despite looking extremely full. Our wait person was nice and took our order right away.

If we lived in Nashville, we would be there every weekend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Loveless Cafe? Share your experiences!