“Not Your Average Sub Shop” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Nashville, Tennessee
“Not Your Average Sub Shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stumbled upon this gem while checking out another local Nashville restaurant on tripadvisor.com.

Sub Depot is less than five minutes from the airport and what a refreshing atmosphere it is, with a big and airy room, complete with giant maps, world time clocks, magazines and more!

But, let's talk subs for a moment.

I'm from Boston and now living in Music City, and I know a sub from a sub, and Sub Depot meatball subs are very, very high on my list. Delicious meatballs and sauce, great bread, PLUS peppers and onions, as part of the deal!

My son had his favorite sub, Buffalo Chicken, and he gave it two-thumbs up!

One minor point--I found the menu sign way too big with too many offerings that made it very tough to read.

If I'm a restaurant consultant--and I'm not--I'd suggest cutting down my menu to only those subs and other items that really, really sell well--and eliminate the rest, then enlarge the letters of everything that remains on the board.

Overall, though, I give Sub Depot an A!

Hey, the kitchen and pick-up counter guys thanked us as we left!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Greenville
“Average sub shop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Good and diverse menu. I visited for lunch, sandwhich was good, not great. Staff was helpful and attentive.

Visited May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great subs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Look for a REAL sub? Look no further, this place is original! Many subs to choose from along this homemade cookies and brownies.

Visited April 2013
Lake Norman, NC
“Steak and cheese - steamed.... YUM!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was in Nashville on business for about 14 days in Sept 2012. I think I ate lunch at the Sub Depot on 6 of the days. I loved the Steak and Cheese - steamed. Good stuff! I also can't say enough about the gent that works the counter. He is the epitome of what a customer service provider should be. He is very helpful, offers assistance, and generally goes above and beyond to ensure you enjoy your visit to this place.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Excellent spot for filling lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I absolutely loved stopping in here for lunch when I worked by the Nashville airport. I have never had to wait long in line to order. The food is priced comparably to any subway, however, you get much more! I have tried just about every item on the menu and haven't been let down. If you have a sweet tooth, grab a cookie. You won't regret it!

Visited February 2012