“best authentic Cajun since moving from Louisiana” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #537 of 1,744 Restaurants in Nashville
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
“best authentic Cajun since moving from Louisiana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Our friends recommended this place, so we came with them. We used to live in Louisiana, so we know what good Cajun food should taste like. This was the best Cajun meal we've had since leaving Louisiana. It's the first time in months my husband didn't salt or pepper anything on his plate. The portions were huge. We had another meal on the leftovers. Darrell Breaux was warm upon our entering & leaving. The kitchen & wait staff were great. We'll go there every time when we're in Nashville.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sabin, Minnesota
“Best Cajun I Have Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I have not been to very many cajun restaurants but this one is by far the best I have ever been to. Coming from Minnesota there are not very many cajuns restaurants so if you are from MN you should definitely come here for some good authentic cajun food.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbia, TN
“Best cajun around.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Having eaten cajun in Louisiana this rates just as good as there. Makes his own smoke meats and sausages.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Orleans
“What a disappointment!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

On our way home from Illinois we were passing through Nashville and I looked up seafoodrestaurants thinking we would fares a four starandwasendorsed by Diners, Dives and Drive- ins on the Food Network. It was a dive but we were so excited at the prospect of getting some of our favorite Cajun dishes, we let it go. Our waitress did come with menus and a mouth full of cold sores to take our drink order. We gave it and decided on our menu choices. Boudin balls (average) smoked sausage poboy (a pitiful less than 6-inch French bun??) With fried potatoes (like thick potatoe chips- not crisp, greasy) a shrimp platter (12 shrimp) with red beans and rice as a side (OK) and a shrimp poboy(again on that weird bun, with a whopping 6 shrimp).In my entire life I have never paid $10 for a shrimp poboy with 6 shrimp! We complained to the waitress who got the owner who treated us as if we were stupid, did nothing to fix anything and tried to tell us they were 21 count jumbo shrimp.(NOT) He threw the food in the garbage saying loudly it was a shame to waste it when we said we didnt want it. It WAS a shame that after supposedly being in business over 30 years this man has never learned that the customer is always right and that it is better to try and fix things than to treat your patrons with disrespect and disdain. I do hope his pride was worth the money this review will cost him in customers.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, Alabama
“AWEFUL !!... with a capital A.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This was by far the worst service I have ever had. The place was on DDD for a reason, it is a Dive. The restaurant became slowly busier after our arrival. There was only one waitress for the entire restaurant. She took our order after some of the later arriving customers. The family that came in behind us was served, ate, and began to leave before we got our food. They took the vegetables to that table twice before trying to serve them with my meal. The cook actually brought out our plates b/c they were so short staffed !!!! (now I've spoken to the chef before, but not this) It was AWEFUL. And 2 hours later my kids were hungry again!!

• Visited June 2014