“Very Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Monell's Dining & Catering

Monell's Dining & Catering
1235 6th Ave. North, Nashville, TN 37208-2601 (Germantown)
615-248-4747
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 1,649 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Germantown
Description: When in Nashville do as the locals do... Pass the Peas..Please! Great Southern Food served Family Style in Historic Settings. Located in historic buildings, Monell's as been a Nashville staple since 1995. Come on in, grab a seat and pass the food to the left. Monell's famous Skillet Fried Chicken served at every meal, including our weekend country breakfast. A vist to Nashville is not complete without dining at Monell's. Enter as strangers...Leave as Friends. Monell's - 4 locations to serve you.
Nashville, Tennessee
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Delish food... just not a big fan of the family-style eating; I tend not to like everyone hovering over my food. Other than that, very good southern-style cooking.

Visited October 2013

• Korean first
Los Angeles, California
“Yummy and Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

I wasn't sure what to expect. The hotel recommend Monells while I was in Nashville for work. I was a bit apprehensive because of the communal tables since I was by myself. Plus this includes the sharing/ passing of bowls among strangers(is that even allowed). In any case, the person who greeted me immediately made me feel comfortable. I got sat at the head of the table with two other parties filling the table. Salads, biscuits, sides, 2 entrees and the best fried chicken all brought to the table. Pass to your left! And all we could eat. Finished with cherry cobbler. I ended up having good conversation with the tasty food. Oh, and the service was fantastic (they kept filling any empty bowls and the basket of chicken. Yes, some of he dishes were a bit "off" but who cares... For $16. I'll be back fer sho!

Visited August 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“Better than Mom"s Sunday Dinners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Thinking about there food, makes my mouth water. Large bowls of different salads, corn muffins and biscuits, with fresh made apple butter, starts your tantalizing journey. There is pitchers of water, sweet tea, unsweet, and lemonade. Next comes the buffet round of all the hot foods . I could not stand up straight, when I was walking out. This is a buffet. NOT like any other but you want by disappointed. They seat you at 8 foot tables, then fill in the seats with the next group of strangers. So that you can learn people that come to visit. There's is no cell phones allowed to be used in this place. The full experience is wonderful, great job Monelle's!

Columbia, South Carolina
“Best food in the world!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I ate here on a Wednesday, when they had fried chicken, baked chicken and pork chops for the entrée. Oh my goodness, they put all the food out on the table like Thanksgiving. You get to meet and talk with other people as you dine. I enjoyed everything on the table. They have a swing outside the restaurant for those who eat too much and just want to relax for a minute. I was in Nashville on a business trip and all I heard about while here was this restaurant. Rode over with some friends and had a feast!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, New Jersey
“Delicious Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We went for breakfast yesterday; make sure you come hungry! Seating is family style so if you don't have a huge party you will be sitting at a table with other families. Service was good and everyone was friendly. Everything is served in the beginning. The food was delicious and there was so much of it I had a hard time finding space on my plate! We arrived at a good time because were didn't wait very long for a table, but there was a line when we left. If you leave here hungry it's your own fault.

• Visited August 2014