“Glad I Found It” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
El Dorado, Kansas
“Glad I Found It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was on my way to eat at Cori's (also very good) when I spotted Viener Fest. I am glad I did. I had the Super Sausage Sampler which includes 4 sausages and 2 sides. For sides I had the latkes and sauerkraut. It also came with 2 slices of toasted marbled rye bread. I thought the sausages were delicious, especially the bratwurst and the one that was infused with swiss cheese. Their stone ground mustard is delicious. I found it more sweet than hot.

I also had a Franziskaner draft beer to drink and really liked it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
VienerFest N, Owner at Viener Fest, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your review! Come back any time!

nashville tennessee
“Little Known Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Viener Fest is a definite addition to Nashville's food scene. If you have not gone, do so.
It is not well known. Despite liking German food, we discovered it when driving to Centennial Park. We ate outside on a beautiful evening, but inside has a comfortable feel as well.
The sausage sampler is so good that you need two if you have two couples as we did.
My Schnitzel Holstein was prepared perfectly. I would suggest staying with the veal since another in our party tried the pork. We had a variety of sides and all were very good.
Those ordering the Spaetzle dishes were pleased.
Good bread, but beware the mustard is warm!
Good beers. The wine list is a bit sparse, but we found a pinot noir we liked. I would likely stay with the beer though.
All desserts looked good. Strudel was excellent. And, yes, the coffee was special. Service was family friendly.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
VienerFest N, Owner at Viener Fest, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
We appreciate your review! Come see us again soon!
Nashville, Tennessee
“Embarrassing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I grew up most of the time in the southern part of Germany, which is close to Austria. So I am fluent in this language and know well about the German culture and food. (which of course is one of the best in the world, if made correctly)
Recently, I had two good friends from Germany over here for vacation.
I told them that a German/Austria restaurant opened here and we decided to try it. We thought since it serves German and Austrian food it was owned by people of this nationality. But our waitress told us the opposite, that it was owned by Americans. We looked at each other and thought that they may lived there for years like I did and they know what they are doing.
So we ordered some Schnitzel. Wiener, Jaeger and Rahmschnitzel.
What can I say? None of that was even close to the original German Schnitzel.
The Wiener Schnitzel was greasy and it tasted like it has been in a deep fryer.
You don’t make a Schnitzel in a deep fryer!! The potato salad was coming 100% out of a bucket and wasn’t self made.
Then the Rahmschnitzel. A cheese sauce?? Cheese on a Rahmschnitzel??? If you do this than rename it in Swiss Cheese Schnitzel! You think you are getting the taste of a Rahmschnitzel as you know it and then you discover a different taste. That’s a no no.
Jaegerschnitzel. Haha. Let me give you the ingredients for a Jaegerschnitzel:
FRESH mushrooms, bacon, onions, heavy whip cream, thyme and parsley, just to name a few.
And you don’t cook the Spaetzle all the way through.
After all, everything was greasy and not almost close to the original German food.
The food is overpriced for what you get.
It was embarrassing for me to take my German friends out to this so called German restaurant.
We still talk about that, even if they are already back in Germany.
Ein Mal und nie wieder! Eine Schande und peinlich.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
VienerFest N, Owner at Viener Fest, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
We sincerely apologize that your experience at Viener Fest did not meet your expectations. We are described as Austrian and German styled cuisine. As we are not Austrian nor German, we did not want to mislead anyone. We strive to be a better alternative to our competitors. We apologize that we did not meet your standards.
Versailles, Kentucky
“Upscale German, well worth it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Like this place quite a bit. Got the hot pretzel appy with cheese, wow, pretzel was perfect, perhaps the best I've ever had. The cheese sauce was tasty, but perhaps over nuked and looked like it was separating...still ate it. Got the sausage sampler and was pleased with local supplied farm made sausages. All were excellent, and the swiss cheese infused meat in casing form was heavenly. Love the small but local influenced beer selection, Fat Bottom and Yazoo, check and check. Can't wait for a return trip.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
VienerFest N, Owner at Viener Fest, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your review! We hope to see you back again soon!
Crossville, Tennessee, United States
“Very happy with our experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

In Nashville to drop someone off at the airport. We saw another German restaurant in town and hadn't had German food in awhile. Checked reviews and not impressed. Still, I had German food on my mind.looked online to see if there were any others in town. Found Vienerfest. Sounded fun. There were 8 of us. The quickly seated us and brought us out the pretzel bites and mustard. Could have easily eaten those with a beer and been happy. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. We ordered a wide variety of food and we were very happy. Several in our party had not ever had German food and were very happy. The food was great the service was great and the German chocolate cake was HUGE and delicious. I will definitely go back and recommend this. Place to others.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
VienerFest N, Owner at Viener Fest, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much! Please stop in and see us anytime!