“That Chic is Hot” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night
“That Chic is Hot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Stop by for lunch to see if it was what they said it was. It's better than words can describe. If you like HOT Chicken and southern sides then it is as good as you will find around here and worth the wait in line that moves fast.

alaska
“So Sad...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We had a very limited time in Music City. I love fried chicken. I love regional food. I love comfort food. I was so incredibly excited to eat here. (I have been daydreaming about good chicken since Willie Mae's in NOLA) I am giving this place three stars based on my husband's meal, the staff and the mac and cheese - based on my chicken the rating would have been much lower. He ordered a half chicken with no heat - it was cooked perfectly. He ate every last bite. I ordered white with medium heat. I don't knwo what happened to mine. The grease was pouring off of it. I ate half of a piece and couldn't get the rest down. This made me so sad, I really, really, really wanted to devour it. On the bright side the pimento mac and cheese was spot on! The greens were a bit salty for my taste. I guess we should have listened to our chef friend and gone to Prince's for hot chicken. Oh well. Live and learn.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney
“Believe the hype”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Best fried chicken I've ever eaten! We got the wings and the tenders and both were perfectly cooked.

For $9 you get a good serve of chicken and two sides. Enough for a decent sized meal.

The hot sauce wasn't as hot as expected, wish we had ordered the 'shut the cluck up' extra hot sauce.

Be prepared for a line, we went on a Sunday. The wait is well worth it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Windermere, Florida
“Just as expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Upon reading reviews and hearing praises from Vanderbilt students, we visited Hattie B's last weekend upon moving our son into Vanderbilt. We stopped in at nearly midnight, avoided the long lines and were treated to a tasty late night meal. The chicken was delicious as was the macaroni and cheese. Both were uniquely different than anything I have had growing up in Florida. The chicken was juicy and the crust was a unique blend of spicy with a fresh taste. The macaroni and cheese was creamy but not too heavy. I can't wait to go back next month when we are back in Nashville.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago
“Hattie B's has it All”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I love this place. It is not fancy, but it's not greasy. There is almost always a line. Deal with it. The hot chicken, which is a "thing" in Nashville, is offered in a variety of heat, from none to too hot to handle. I've gone as far as Hot, which is second from the top in the heat categories, and it is manageable. Just make sure to fill up on beer or sweet tea, both offered here.
All the side dishes are delicious! Take your pick from Southern favorites like baked beans, collard greens, potato salad and more. Don't skip dessert either, even though you might be busting a button at that point.

• Visited July 2014