“Good eats!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
st joseph
“Good eats!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Hattie B's is a very small restaurant that serves large numbers of people each day. It consist of an order counter, a drink station and a few inside tables with more seating on the outside deck. You place your order, fill your drink then find a place to sit. The staff brings your food when it's ready. If you sit inside, the other patrons pass by you as they order. This is not a restaurant of comfort, it is a place that sells good food as fast as they can cook it. The staff is always moving. They are delivering orders, cleaning tables and tending to customers all with a friendly and polite attitude. Many times there is a line outside the door that winds around the parking lot. We went mid afternoon during the week and had very little wait. My husband & I shared the large white order of chicken (2 breast & 2 wings w/2 sides) plus we added a side. We chose Hot. It was good and spicy but not too hot to eat. You can choose hotter or milder seasonings. The chicken was cooked perfect...nice & juicy inside. Had 3 sides: coleslaw-good, potato salad-very good and pimento mac & cheese-some of the best I've ever had. The price for this meal including two soft drinks was less than $20.00. We were completely stuffed. Only regret, I wish I would have tried a chicken tender. I enjoyed the experience and will return if in the area.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hollywood, Florida
“Southern Comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Wow! Was visiting Nashville on business and staying near Hattie B's. There's limited seating, counter service and the lines when I initially went for lunch was out the door and around the corner. So I went back for dinner.

Let me tell you, the hot, spicy (if you wish, which I did) chicken, incredible greens and mac n cheese (and don't forget the sweet tea) was incredible! If you're in Nashville don't miss this taste of the South. Take a number and find yourself a seat. The friendly, young staff will bring your piping hot chicken to your table (and they cleared my table when I was done while I savored the moment).

Hattie B's was Southern comfort at its best.

Visited August 2014
Ocala, Florida
“The best fried chicken I've ever had in my mouth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Hattie B's does chicken like no one else I've encountered. The skin is crispy and delicious and unique in taste and texture to any fried chicken I've had before, and the chicken is moist and juicy. You can get your chicken to your own choosing of heat level. My wife went with no heat - southern, and I went the next step up with just a little heat. I found it to be just right. It gave the chicken a nice zing without putting you in pain from the heat and spices. There are lots of good sides to choose from, but I would recommend the black eyed pea salad. It is somewhat reminiscent of a three bean salad, with that same sort of vinegary bite to it. They do have picnic tables on the porch as well as inside seating. Indications were that if you didn't hit it at the right time, you might have to wait in line a while. If so, wait, it's worth it. If I lived in Nashville, I'd eat at Hattie B's at least once a week for the rest of my life.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, TN
“order out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Long lines cause the food is great so I recommend pick up and take home. I like the hot- the next step up is too much for me. Pimento mac and cheese is amazing.

Visited August 2014
“Worth the wait!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

You'll likely wait in line at Hattie's no matter what time you go, but the food is worth it! Ours was served piping hot and delicious. The chicken is a must and the pimento mac and cheese is a great side to try out. The place is small and seating is first come, first served so largely parties might struggle a bit.

Visited June 2014