“Overall a nice hostel ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nashville Downtown Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Nashville Downtown Hostel
You added Nashville Downtown Hostel to your Saves list
177 First Ave North, Nashville, TN 37201 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Overall a nice hostel ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Overall a very clean and enjoyable place to stay in Nashville.
We stayed here while they were doing construction on the 5th floor so we were woken up by loud noises every morning - but that was to be expected.

The hostel would benefit from having more power plugs in each room. I was in a dorm with 8 people and there were only 4 power plugs for us to share.

The cooling system needs to be looked at further as when the air conditioner would start during the night, it would be absolutely freezing and the blanket given was not enough!

More social events would also be great as it would allow for more interaction between people staying at the hostel.

Overall, this hostel was great. Above are only a few suggestions to make it even better!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very clean, friendly, and reasonably priced. Wished I could stay longer. This place has a wonderful atmosphere. On the other side of this block is an entertainment district including BB King's lounge.
Entry beyond the vestibule requires a card, which gave me a feeling of security.
There was a common area which was comfortable and had couches, game tables and other accoutrements for relaxing and socializing.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed in. It is clean, the staff are friendly and the location cannot be beaten for downtown Nashville attractions. I stayed as a solo traveller in an all-female 8 bed dorm and had a great time swapping travel stories with my fellow international travellers.

There was actually a tornnado warning while I was there, meaning we all had to go down to the lobby and wait until it was over. Who would have thought this would be the best night of my whole trip? Forced into talking to others, I made friends and we all went out for dinner and line dancing at the Wild Horse Saloon (which is only one street over) together!

The hostel uses an electronic key system so feels very safe. Alcohol is allowed in the lobby (there's even a specific beer fridge) and there's a great, equipment stocked kitchen available for use.

The hostel is walking distance to Ryman Auditorium, Country Music Hall of Fame, Wild Horse Saloon, many other bars and restaurants, Nashville War Memorial and State Capitol, Tennessee State Musuem and Music City Central bus station. They greyhound station is also only a $7 (inc tip) taxi trip away (I used Nashville yellowcab).

My only problem with this hostel is I was only here for a weekend, I wish I stayed longer!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
NashvilleHostel, Manager at Nashville Downtown Hostel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thanks for the kind words. We're very happy you had an awesome experience at our hostel and took the time to leave a review. We hope to see you again sometime!
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I would never stay in a boring hotel over this amazing hostel. The location is perfect. It is right downtown but it is on a quiet street. The staff was very accommodating. Ask about free parking that is only a 10 minute walk away!

Room Tip: Pick up some earplugs from the front desk in case someone in your room snores!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Unwittingly, I scheduled my trip to Nashville during the NRA convention, which meant that hotels were ludicrously expensive. Luckily, the hostel was able to provide accommodations. The location is great, down the street from all of Nashville's downtown attractions. The rooms and facilities were all very clean. Modern RFID locks were unexpected but appreciated. Wifi is included, as you may guess. I met lots of friendly travelers from around the world. Highly recommended, especially for the price.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Mountain View, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I can't say enough good about the Nashville Downtown hostel. It's right on the river and close to a lot of the cool downtown bars. The rooms and bathrooms were extremely clean, and I never had to wait in line to use the bathroom. The common area is well isolated from the rooms, and I had no trouble sleeping.

Also, the common area is large is a great place to hangout. It's typical to come back in the evening to find a group of a dozen passing around half as many guitars.

I definitely plan on staying here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I loved this hostel so much. I think they have designed it perfectly.

If you're solo of with friends, its perfect, they have a lounge area which is super friendly and deisgned for tourists to mingle.

I love this hostel and the vibe.

I will be coming back!!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Nashville Downtown Hostel? Share your experiences!