“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nashville Downtown Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Nashville Downtown Hostel
You added Nashville Downtown Hostel to your Saves list
177 First Ave North, Nashville, TN 37201 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My first time on a hostel and I love it!!!! I was a little worry for share the bathroom and the shower with other people but the hostel is REALLY clean. The people is really nice and it feels like a big family.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

The best hostel I've stayed in in North America. Rooms were open, airy, clean and spacious. It was refreshing not to see bunks jammed into every bit of available space. The bathrooms were excellent too and there's many good common areas.

The staff were efficient and thorough with things. This might but some people off but they run a tight ship and good on them.

5 mins walk to Broadway bars and 10 mins walk to Bridgestone Arena (shows, concerts, NHL). Also across the river from LP Field where the Tennessee Titans NFL team plays.

Definitely stay at this hostel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

It was my first time in Nashville and I was a little bit worried about staying in a hostel, but I was wrong...this place made me feel right at home and is easily the best hostel I stayed in whilst on my travels across America. It has a great atmosphere, great staff and lovely comfortable beds all at an unbeatable price. Also the location is fantastic, right around the corner from Broadway where you will find fantastic honky tonk bars, restaurants and the Country Music Hall of Fame! Also if you are a musician like I am, I would strongly recommend staying here as you will meet like-minded musicians and they have a few guitars and a piano lying round where you can jam with new friends over a beer...bliss! Plus there are a lot of open mic nights close by to showcase your talent. Don't think about booking anywhere else for your stay in Nashville!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is a really great hostel. It looks pretty new which is always nice and generally clean. The location is fantastic - walking distance to almost all the major attractions in Nashville. All the bars in Broadway are only a couple of blocks away and I felt perfectly safe as a female travelling solo walking back to the hostel alone at night.

I saw that someone complained on here about having to use your card to get into lots of doors. Some doors, more late at night - but it's nice to feel secure. I have also found that the better hostels throughout the US that I have stayed in have rules and I think it's a good thing because not everyone is always up until the early hours partying.

My only complaint is that the bathrooms have these timer lights in them...the amount of times it would suddenly be pitch black while I was in the shower haha and a tap that runs fast enough to fill a water bottle on the accommodation floor would be really handy. But would definitely recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This hostel is second in my books only to the HI hostel in Washington, DC. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff, more than accommodating. Everyone has great tips and recommendations. The location really cannot be beat. You're a five minute walk from broadway which also takes you right to places like Bridgestone Arena, country music hall of fame, the ryman, and much more.

This is my second trip to Nashville in less than a month and I've stayed here both times. It cannot be beat and it's such a great facilitator for meeting new people, travellers, from all over the world.

The hostel is very clean and we'll maintained, there's an elevator, parking available (you need to come in and get a pass first), and full kitchen.

Thanks downtown hostel for a great two stays. If I find my way back to Nashville in the future I will be coming to you.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Pinckney, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I went to Nashville for a conference and my schedule only allowed me to stay two nights. So I wanted to at least see the tourist area. This hostel has an excellent location among the honky tonks and has great night life. The building has been recently remodeled and is super clean. Staff were great and give you a mini intro to the place. There are several layers if security to get into the building and the place is clean and was very quiet (I was in bed at 1 and up at 7 but most people came in much later, I don't know what it's like during the day). I never encountered anyone in the bathroom and there were two large private bathrooms on my floor with community bathrooms as well. The issue: 1) lights on bathroom were on a timer and if you forgot to set it they would go off on you. Sure, go green, but they could have used a motion sensor. 2.) no lockers in the room. Just beds and a coat rack. This means everything stay on the floor. You also must trust your roommates. I had to carry my laptop all over. 3.) only two outlets along the floor and no shelves or anyway to put things on your bed. Nit picky? Maybe. But I had to sleep on the top bunk with my phone (for alarm) and my water bottle on the mattress. A chair in the room would be nice so you can sit and put on shoes. The only place to sit is the bottom bunk which is problematic if your roommate is sleeping. Anyway they are working on remodeling, maybe these basics will come but they sure would have made this a five star experience.

• Stayed November 2013
NDHHostel_Host, Manager at Nashville Downtown Hostel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Hello, My name is Ron and I'm the owner manager of Nashville Downtown Hostel. Thank you for the great feedback. Yes, we are in the process of procuring the lockers for room and configuring the layouts so that the flow of guest experience in the room is more functional. The architectural and engineering design for the bathroom light could have been better. We are considering a retrofit but the cost of rework can be very high. we are investing everything back in to our operation.
Beijing, Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We decided to do an impromptu road trip to the south and Nashville was our first stop on the way. It was really easy finding the hostel, which is right by the riverfront. Not knowing anything about the neighborhood or Nashville in general, we at first were skeptical, but one look inside and you'll fall in love with this place. I've only ever stayed in one other hostel in the US (the YMCA in NYC) and NDH blows that one out of the water. The staff was very helpful, approachable and laid back. The rooms and bathrooms are clean and nice and the roomies were very interesting people from around the world. I also feel like my belongings and I are very safe. The room we had was $30 a night per person with four people to a room, parking was another $12 with a $20 cash deposit. Lastly, while NDH could gouge money for things such as coffee, drinks, sheets, towels, amenities, parking after check-out, etc, they don't. The coffee and tea is free, so are shampoo and whatever else has been left by other travelers, canned and bottled water and soda are just $1 and sheets come with the bed, and parking is only $2 extra per hour for every hour after check-out. That's the same price it'd be to put quarters into a parking meter. I will definitely recommend this place to my friends and other travelers to Nashville. I hope other cities along the way (Memphis, Jackson, New Orleans, Atlanta, Savannah) have a place this great. Keep up the phenomenal work!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Nashville Downtown Hostel? Share your experiences!