“Memorable 35th Anniversary Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

+1 615-522-0685
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Etch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,699 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Dessert, Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd AVE.
Description: Featuring an array of global flavors and decadent desserts by Chef Deb Paquette and Pastry Chef Megan Williams, Etch is located in the ground floor of the Encore tower in Nashville's SoBro district. The restaurant is equipped with two private dining rooms, a full bar and an open kitchen with bar-style seating, allowing guests to interact with Deb and her kitchen. Lunch and dinner are available Monday-Friday, as well as dinner on Saturday. In her 13 years as Chef/Owner of Zola, Deb received accolades for Nashville's best chef and Nashville's best restaurant multiple times. Nashville restaurants are many, but Etch sets itself apart with bold flavors and colorful presentations.
Franklin, Tennessee
“Memorable 35th Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We had one of our best meals ever earlier this week at Etch. We shared the roasted cauliflower which is exceptional. I had the filet which was the most tender beef I ever had. I also had the vegetable of the day which was a brussel sprouts slaw with blue cheese and cherries. My wife had the cobia which was also great. For dessert we had the chocolate pretzel bar. Amazing. I also had a great cocktail - the lime and cilantro drink with tequila.

Visited July 2014

Nashville, Tennessee
“Puzzled”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

People rave about this place so i tried it out. My thoughts are that its a bit foodie-pretentious. If the goal is simply to eat a dish with 400 ingredients then this is the place for you. I will say the cocktails are top notch.

Visited August 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I went in solo on a Saturday evening while traveling for work. I was able to snag a seat at the bar. Admittedly, I look young for my age, but the bartender apparently decided I wasn't to be taken seriously, which is never a good idea in the service industry. Anyway, they did have a lovely wine list. I then had a fish dish with oranges. It was definitely different, but not sure it worked. It was a little too sweet, but it could also be that my palette is more attuned to savory food. On the plus side, I met a lovely couple at the bar who were waiting for a table. They explained "honkytonking" to me, which made the visit completely worthwhile.

Visited July 2014
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We found this restaurant by accident after searching around downtown Nashville for somewhere to eat. We have been on a month tour of the US, visiting some of the best restaurants in Washington, Charleston, Nashville, Miami and Bermuda. What a find - a gem/oasis where the food was cooked with finesse, full of taste and classy- slightly European, something a bit different in Nashville Thoroughly enjoyable, thank you!

Visited June 2014
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“So Great I Returned Two Days Later”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I made dinner reservations at Etch for a special dinner with coworkers when we arrived in Nashville for a business trip. I enjoy eating fresh, local food that lets each ingredient shine. Etch played to all of my preferences. We started with the roasted cauliflower appetizer, and for dinner I had the duck confit ratatouille crudo. It was absolutely phenomenal. For dessert, I had the fresh fruit special (peach). Also out of this world.

The service is top-notch, and the presentation is amazing. We were seated immediately, and enjoyed every minute of our experience. So much so, that we returned a few nights later without a reservation to eat a lighter meal at the bar (which is almost a chefs table—it has a great view of the kitchen). Once again, the service was impeccable, and the food was even better, which I didn't think was possible. We had the soup du jour (mushroom with mushroom confit) and I had the beets and berries salad. I could eat that goat cheese semi fredo with every meal. I had some simple sorbet for dessert. Sitting at the bar was an interesting experience. In addition to our main server (who was excellent), we also interacted with many of the kitchen and service staff.

Our light, less extravagant meal was about $30 per person, while our first dinner was about $60 per person (including a drink). If I lived in Nashville, I'd be a regular here.

• Visited June 2014