“Highly recommend.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Established July 2012. Hank, Johnny, Chet, George, Tammy, Conway, Loretta, Dolly, Willie . . . There was a time when country music was on a first name basis with its fans. A time when the streets of downtown Nashville were alive with the sound of backroom guitar pulls, Midnight Jamborees and the Grand Ole Opry. Now you can recapture the magic of this golden era on the Walkin' Nashville Music City Legends Tour. Packed with history and behind-the-scenes anecdotes about your favorite country legends, this 90-minute walking tour tells the real story of how Nashville came to be called Music City. You'll see Printer's Alley, The Ryman Auditorium, Tootsie's Orchid Lounge, Ernest Tubb Record Shop and Hatch Show Print.Your friendly guide is Grammy-nominated journalist and musician, Bill DeMain. A longtime resident of Nashville, he will show you hidden corners of the city not found in any guidebook and tell you stories you won't hear on any other tour.From APRIL - OCTOBER, tours run Tuesday, Thursday-Saturday. From NOVEMBER - MARCH, tours run Friday & Saturday only (weekdays available by special arrangement for groups of 8 or more)Start Time: 10:30 AM (Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in)Tour Length: Approx. 2 Hours
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“Highly recommend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I took the Walkin' Nashville tour with Bill this past Friday as soon as I arrived in Nashville, and I'm glad I did. Bill is very knowledgeable about the history of Nashville and is more than happy to share it with you, along with his love of music. He shared quite a few interesting stories that really piqued my interest (and I fully plan to research later). In addition to that, he even sends you an email after the tour with links to videos and performances that he mentioned on the tour, which I thought was fantastic! After taking his tour, I really felt like I could appreciate my time in Nashville more.

The tour was informative, interesting, and Bill seems like a very sincere, nice person. I definitely recommend this tour.

Visited June 2013

“Outstanding, A True Must In Nashville!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We recently visited Nashville, TN...We researched several sightseeing tours and after countless hours of debate we decided Walkin' Nashville. Bill provides firsthand knowledge regarding the points of interest he stops at along the way. Well-research and insightful-- I recommend this tour with no reservation to anyone visiting Nashville!

Austin
“A long time coming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were in Nashville almost a year ago and took this walking tour, writing a review has been on my to do list since then becaus the tour was fabulous and I wanted to toot Bill's horn.

Lots of fun facts, history and stories about the buildings, the people who helped shape Nashville and evolution of the city and the people there. If you are a music fan so is he so pump him for information! This tour is a great way to get acquainted with the city. Wear comfortable shoes and have a beverage with you if it is hot. Recommend prior to doing anything else. You will have a good foundation to work from if you do this tour, but it could be a nice wrap to!

Visited September 2012
Brooklyn, New York
“Get the inside scoop on the musical history of Nashville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I work in the classical music industry and my sister recommended this tour of "Music City," which I took with my daughter. I was delighted to find that it was all about the music history of Nashville and how the city and industry evolved over the years. Bill is a journalist as well as a tour guide, which makes this tour unique, special and full of things you just won't find anywhere else.We were thrilled! Even if you're not a musician, Bill is gifted at explaining technical things very simply and has a vast wealth of detail about what went on in the city and why things evolved as they did.

My only warning is, Bill loves to talk, and the tour will probably run slightly longer than he says it will. Don't worry, you'll want to stick around for every minute of it.

Chicago Heights, Illinois
“Don't miss this tour.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The absolute best way to start out your visit to Nashville, or to gain a rich and insightful context for your visit. Bill is highly knowledgeable and knows his stuff, but he presents the information in such an entertaining and creative way. This was our first visit and we learned so much from him. He has selected sites that are fascinating to learn about. We thoroughly enjoyed this tour and highly recommend it.