“Okay, but cheesy” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #78 of 107 Activities in Nashville
Type: Dinner Theaters, Performances
More attraction details
Owner description: We perform 2.5 hour murder mysteries where someone will die in a comedic way & it's up to your table to discover who committed the crime; it's like a live version of the game CLUE! Enjoy a 3 course meal included in cost of admission! So what are you waiting for? Food, Mystery and a lot of Laughs are waiting for you!
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Okay, but cheesy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We had an okay evening at the Old Spagetti Factory and the Murder Mystery Co's presentation of a 20s themed murder mystery - worth using a groupon if you can find it, but don't pay for the Gold Circle upgrade. It gets you absolutely nothing special and is a total waste of money.

Visited September 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“Website inaccurate and confusion”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

At the Chaffin's location, you are in the back of the barn. The dinner we paid for and dressed in costume for was not what we walked in to. The website and confirmations were wrong. Other guests were dressed for the wrong murder as well.
Prepare to just go in and start acting, tickets weren't checked until we were all confused. The food was a country buffet shared with patrons of Chaffins. It was messy, and not worth the price.
The website has problems. Reservations made were inaccurate. Best to try and call or email multiple times. Props and costumes are poor quality. The room is small, we were packed in like sardines. We could barely get up from our table, yet alone go mingle and try to solve a mystery.
They pick people out to be characters and go on stage. You have notebooks and instructions and are expected to participate in "investigation" times. Other patrons approach your table and you pay people for clues with fake money on the table.
If you are looking for a nice dinner theater, expecting to sit back and be entertained, this isn't where you want to be. This was very disappointing for the price.

Visited August 2013
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Great Girls Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My girlfriends and I went to the show at Old Spaghetti Factory in Nashville. The food was good, although I wish the menu was more varied, because our choices were all spaghetti with red sauce (either with meat, sausage or mushrooms)...wish we could have had something a little more creative, but it's Old Spaghetti Factory, so it still tasted good. At first we were confuse about what we were supposed to do, but once we figured it out and started talking to the other suspects, we had a lot of fun gathering clues and information. My big warning is that if you are not willing to get out of your comfort zone and talk to people you don't know, you will probably not have fun. It takes participation and getting into your role to enjoy it. Even though we were completely clueless at first, by the end we won the Best Detectives of the Night award. I will be going back and trying the show at Chaffins soon.

Visited July 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Save your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This Murder Mystery show at Chaffin's barn was a flop for us. Save you money. My group walked out before it was even half over. The food is never good there either. Sorry, just being honest so others won't get tricked into this.

The actual shows at Chaffin's Barn can be fun, but this isn't part of what they do.

Visited July 2013
“More than disappointed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I call and spoke to 3 different people and told them than my daughter, tho she is a teen, would not be comfortable with any inappropiate sexual references, I was told all 3 times that there was nothing inappropiate and she would be fine. I realize this was a place to serve drinks so I was very specific about this. I also understood this was a 3 course meal.
First I will say the VIP ticket opeion is a joke. we were on the upper step, yes step, this place is very small and still it was supposed to be front row. The buffet was horrendous! The food was dry, not good at all and beyond this a 3 course meal is NOT a buffet! Imagine my suprise!
The service was slow,. there were maybe 3 servers for about 30 tables.
The entire performance, (what there was of it) was NOTHING but sexual inuendos. Even to the point of blantancy of the detective whose name is Magnum Penis. There is mention of adjusting the script for young audience, I dont see how. the entire script was inappropiate. Even at the end, the 8yo character (which was given to my daughter) a comment was made when her character was prompted about knowing ALL the magician's tricks, the **inspector (Magnum Penis) made the comment that he had to wonder how an 8 year old would know wnything about swallowing a big stick..this is not exactly what he said., and it was very clear when he meant when he said it, this is DISGUSTING!! who would write into a script a comment like that??? a pedofile?? I am disgusted and will NEVER ever refer this show to anyone and will never refer the bar either as foar as the food they serve. It was beyond bad, it was bad buffet nightmare!

Visited March 2013