“Cozy and comfortable stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #13 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Akron, United States
“Cozy and comfortable stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

It was a great place to stay, close to downtown- the complimentary shuttle service was great! it could take you anywhere within three miles of the hotel. The driver was helpful when suggesting places to go/things to see. Complimentary breakfast was small since there were so many people, that was the only thing that could have been better stocked during my stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Sarah K, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear Shaina C,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Home2, and that you found all of our staff to be welcoming and helpful. Our drivers definitely are the best at knowing the area, and there's a lot that this location has to offer!

Regarding breakfast, I do apologize that there was a delay in stocking. Weekends can definitely get busy with a major rush near the end of the breakfast hours. We are looking into some revamping to make sure breakfast is adequately staffed and stocked so that all of our guests are taken care of.

We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Chicago, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This hotel offers decent rates for location near Vanderbilt University and not too far from Nashville downtown (a little over 1 mile) which we walked one day. The room is nice as it has a kitchen and appliances. It looked clean, modern, and as a plus tries to be very environmentally friendly. The things that disappointed me the most is the staff and the complementary breakfast. The staff seemed nice, but I felt they were confused and over their head. Everyone from the general manager down to the desk clerks gave me this feeling. Only the housekeeping staff seemed confident in their role. A plumbing problem occurred which forced the shutdown of all water in the hotel. Suddenly the water just stopped. there was no notification or call from that staff or even a sign at the front desk about this inconvenience. Also, one morning we asked the staff for some bus transport passes. A desk clerk said she would look for some for us, then ignored us, went on to another task, and never came back. Luckily another desk clerk was able to help us a minute or so later. Finally, the free breakfast was poor by the standards I have seen in other hotels. Plates, utensils, etc were low in supply and not being replenished by the staff. Also the food was low in supply and not being refilled quick enough by the staff. The final thing I didn't like was that instead of having big batches of standard food like scrambled eggs and sausages, frozen breakfast sandwiches were included. You had to microwave them to a certain level. Despite following directions and multiple reheatings, I found the food to be cold. They did have oatmeal and cereal, but I didn't feel like this was a enough. The lack of supplies, the food offerings, and lack of food replenishment was disappointing overall. In summary, location is decent, room is good, but staff and breakfast could have been better.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Blake S,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor.com! We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I wanted to respond and apologize about the water being shut off. We had a valve on the main water line inside the hotel crack and cause a leak that could only be stopped with an emergency shut off of the water. This is standard procedure for this kind of issue. There was simply no time to alert the hotel to the water shut off. I am sorry that this happned during your stay. Due to this emergency, I can understand how you might have felt that everyone was in over our head for a minute, including myself. Having a water line break is not the norm, so we were all a little discombobulated trying to fix the issue in a timely manner that did not disrupt our guests too much. As you mentioned we did get it taken care of quickly.

Breakfast with the Home2 Suites is different than other brands in the sense that we have a variety of offerings where our guests can put together their own breakfast. I am sorry that we ran of items and did not replenish fast enough. Busy mornings can sometimes get the best of us.

I also would like to apologize about how you felt about the staff. I am surprised that you did not enjoy our service as that is one thing that we definitely excel on per our other reviews. Our staff was pre-occupied with the water line break so I apologize that we were unable to give you our normal five star service at the front desk.

Thank you again for your review and I hope that on your next trip to Nashville you choose to stay with us again. Have a great day!

Merrily Bell
Appleton, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Wanted to say this hotel is awesome. It is walking distance to music row, excellent places to eat & you can walk to the "honky tonks" , Hall of Fame, waterfront (about 1.5 miles or so). The hotel will shuttle you w/in 3 miles for no charge (tips welcome). Within this 3 miles will take you right downtown. They run until 10 during the week and later on the weekends. I would recommend just parking at the hotel for $20 a day - you can come and go as you please. Breakfast was good (get there early). Staff was wonderful - we enjoyed Gordon. He was helpful on area places to eat (Hatti B's is right down the block). We would for sure stay here again!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Wiscmom2,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for our property! I am so glad that you enjoyed the hotel and everything we have to offer. Location definitely is prime, and we love being so close to many different attractions and things to do. Nashville is also becoming quite the "foodie scene", so we are excited to be within walking distance of so many good options.

Gordon was super excited to hear about how you enjoyed his service...he's one of our superstars!

We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Music City!

Assistant General Manger
AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Based on the good reviews my wife and I spent three nights at the Home2 Suites. The reviews were accurate: nice hotel, great location, good service, nice rooms, fair price, good shuttle service to downtown. I don't mind paying extra for parking when it's a parking garage. They're expensive to build so they have to be paid for somehow. It gets my rental car off the street and under cover to prevent damage. Our only complaint was that people came down to breakfast in their pajamas. I don't want to see people walking around in their pajamas while I'm trying to eat breakfast. Hotels should make a policy to require clothes at the eating facilities.

Green Features: They provided recycling containers in the corridors.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear haztaz69,

Thank you for your review! It's always nice to hear that previous reviews helped make your decision, and that your expectations were met and exceeded.

Our location definitely is key, and I am glad you enjoyed all of the amenities that Home2 has to offer. We definitely strive to be your familiar face, your home away from home.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town!

Armagh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stayed at the Hotel for a few days. Excellent stay for us. Spotlessly clean rooms. Super shuttle service. And most of all fantastic staff! All the staff were so welcoming, friendly, and so helpful. A special thanks to
Shavonne. Such a sweetheart. So helpful. An asset to the Hotel. Thanks Shavonne. Maybe we could repay your kindness if you ever get to visit Ireland. :) God Bless.

• Stayed June 2014
Sarah K, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Geoff7ace,

Thank you SO much for that glowing review of our property! It makes us very happy that you enjoyed your trip so much and LOVED our staff. Shavonne has been very happy that she was a part of what made your stay so wonderful. Looking forward to your next trip to Nashville!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I stayed in an "accessible" room for 3 nights and the only complaint I had was that the bed was small and uncomfortable. Other than that, there was a great complimentary breakfast in the morning, and the room was spacious and clean. We also took advantage of the free shuttle service which we used to take us to the bars on Broadway. Remember to have cash for tipping, though! It was also a great location with many restaurants, bars, and convenience stores within walking distance. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Leah G,

Thank you so much for your review of our property! Our location certainly is perfect for almost anything you would want to experience while in Nashville. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at our property and took value in the amenities we offer. Hopefully we see you again on your next trip to Nashville!

Have a great weekend!

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have a very good experience at this hotel. I loved the convenience of working out and doing laundry. I loved the comfort of the bed and cleanliness of room. Most of all, I love the friendliness of the staff and the willingness to fix any issue I experienced and make to overall stay comfortable. I will stay there again when I'm in Nashville.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Sarah K, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Chandra M,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. I am so pleased that our staff could meet your needs and make your stay so enjoyable. We look forward to the next time you are in Nashville.

Have a wonderful week!

Assistant General Manager

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!