“Quirky Property” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Omaha, Nebraska
“Quirky Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Spent two nights and probably would have written a different review if only one night.

Picked the property due to location and reviews - within 6 blocks to the northeast end of Vanderbilt campus and an easy walk if you know where you are headed. Parking as noted is expensive but easily accessible. I doubt you will find reliable parking around the area on the street during evening hours.

Our room faced Division Street and directly across from the popular Patterson House "gastropub", with waiting crowds evident on the outside (took some research to figure out what it was as there was no signage). The first night I slept well and was not aware of traffic noise. The second night, Friday night, thanks to a next door room party that kept me awake, I became very aware of all the street noises as well. If you wanting quiet, ask for a parking lot "view" to avoid the street noises.

The comparisons to a dorm room are apt - lots of desk space and upper bookshelves (for what I don't know), but overall a comfortable sized "suite", although the furnishings are somewhat stark or chic (your pick). The sofa has lots of space to spread out. The bed itself is on the small side of queen size, so if you have two large persons, you may not be happy. Everything looked fairly fresh, although the bathroom had only a shower for those who care.

The breakfast was okay, although the hot items lackluster and there was an outside area for a few to sit on benches near the sidewalk. Did not use the relatively limited exercise room; there were some laundry machines as well.

I would have been disappointed if I paid the listed price but got a reasonable deal with Hilton points on a busy Vanderbilt/Nashville weekend. If you want the proximity to Music Row or Vanderbilt and find a decent price, I wouldn't have any reservations about staying (bad next door neighbors can happen anywhere).

Room Tip: Rooms facing parking lot (north) should be much quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear OmahaTraveler57,
Thank you for taking the time write a thorough review of the Home2 Suites Nashville/Vanderbilt. I am pleased to know that you found our hotel to be comfortable and convenient. We are originally designed to be an extended stay hotel so those book shelves are for additional storage of work projects or personal items if your planning on staying with us for an extended period of time. Thank you for your review and we hope that on your next trip to Nashville you choose to stay with us again. Have a great day!

Merrily Bell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Canton, OH, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great hotel within walking distance to many great restaurants. Free shuttle is a GREAT bonus. Can walk to downtown in about 15 minutes. On-site parking was an extra $20 per night - seems that all hotels in Downtown area charge for parking.

Dear Steve J,
Thank you for the review on tripadvisor! I am glad to know you enjoyed the shuttle service and found our neighborhood to be convenient. We hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in Music City! Have a great day!

Houston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Property is clear, modern and staff were very nice during my entire stay. Bedding was the best and the facility is in a prime location right next to another Hilton property. I found lots of nice places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Daniel B,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor.com! I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay and that you found our beds to be the BEST! It's the sheets...we're famous for them. Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Nashville! Take Care!

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

EXCELLENT!! FABULOUS!! COMFORTABLE!!!! The staff were great,helpful and friendly, the hotel was incredibly nice and the beds are comfy!!! The rooms were beautiful,clean with all the bells and whistles..free shuttle a plus!.. the only negative was they charge $20 for parking and the price of bottled water or a saod from their pantry store was $3..too expensive...$2 would have been a fairer price. but we will definitely be staying at Home2suites whenever we travel

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear melissasmiles,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor! I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and everything Home2 Vanderbilt had to offer. I do apologize about the parking. Our neighborhood has very little parking and therefore any parking is at a premium. There is free street parking available at your own risk as you can find it. We hope our guests pay to park with us and then utilize the shuttle to get them to the downtown entertainment industry so they wont have to pay to park downtown as well. Thank you again for the review and we hope you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Music City! Have a great day!!

Riverview, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I just got back from a 3 night stay. Our overall experience was good. Rooms were very clean, and good sized. I liked that they had room to lay out 2 suitcases, while most hotels only give you one luggage stand. They had dispensers for shampoo and shower gel, would have liked to see conditioner though.
Part of the reason we stayed here was because of the free shuttle, and breakfast.
The shuttle worked for us the first 2 days we stayed, it was very convenient. But on our third day, we were told the shuttle would arrive in 10 minutes to take us downtown. After 40 minutes, went to the front desk to inquire if there was a problem, and was told the driver was stuck in traffic downtown , but that the Hilton Garden Inn next door would send their shuttle right over for us. After another 20 minutes of waiting ended up walking (it really is very walkable from the hotel) and never even passed the shuttle. Found out later some random people, not hotel guests, had asked the driver to take them somewhere, and he did. Not sure what happened with the other hotel shuttle.
The same thing happened later that evening, but only waited a half hour till we had to grab a cab so we wouldn't be late. We were really upset that we ended up losing almost 2 hours of our vacation waiting on the shuttle! They should have just told us it might be awhile, instead of assuring us it would be right there, then we could of just took a cab.
As for breakfast, I did see previous reviews, so I brought some of my own food. I have a gluten intolerance, and there was very little for me to eat, hard boiled eggs, bananas, and sugary yogurt (plain would have been nice). It was probably adequate for most people though.
We would stay here again, but will not count on the shuttle.

Dear susangel2,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Home2 Suites Vanderbilt on tripadvisor. I am glad that you found our accomodations, amenities and location to your satisfaction. I do apologize about the shuttle service. There are times where the demand for the complimentary transportation can be more than we can handle. We do our best to get everyone where they need to be but sometimes we do fall short. If you stay with us again and find that the shuttle is not working with your schedule, please speak to one of our front desk agents and we will be happy to assist in finding alternative transportation. Thank you again for writing a review and we hope to see you again soon. Have a great day!

Manor, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The staff overall was very helpful. The only staff I was creeped out was while I was in the elevator. He got in and I guess wanted my floor since he didn't push a button but when we got to the floor he did not get off and during the ride up he kept staring at me. Very uncomfortable.

As for the hotel it is a different concept. It's european to me. Not sure I'd they were going for a modern style combined with european but didn't really work for me. Second, we had a queen bed and I honestly think it was a full nit queen. We have a queen at home and this bed was much smaller and not comfortable. I kept waking up every couple hours due to the uncomfortable mattress.

The location was good if you are into the nightlife scene but I would say if you wanted a little less noise you may want to stay somewhere else. Overall I don't think we would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear vld17,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on tripadvisor. I wanted to reach out to you in regard to the "creepy employee". Our hotel has had a fabulous reputation for friendly staff and I am sorry that you encountered one that you felt was not up to par. Needless to say that employee is no longer employed with us. I have a low tolerance for rude employees and those that give off a bad vibe. That particular employee was new and didnt make it past the probationary period.

The Home2 brand is a new brand and is changing everyday as we learn more and more about what our guests expect from a mid-tier extended stay brand. I hope you choose another Home2 in the future or give us another try, sans creepy employee. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you again soon. Have a great day!

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Spent one night to attend a concert downtown. Price here was much better than downtown hotels, yet still very convenient. Room was large with large bathroom and sitting area. Room is outfitted with a nice kitchen (fridge, microwave, dishwasher, coffee service, dishes/glassware/utensils, available hot plate). Would be really nice for a longer stay. Free shuttle service to downtown was very convenient and our driver was super nice and polite as was front desk personnel. Free breakfast was tasty and convenient. There was a pool, hot tub and fitness room available also. Hotel is convenient to several nice restaurants/bars.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking street can be noisy.
Green Features: Lots of opportunities to recycle! Information on hotel practices are posted every where.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Birdnerd62,
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com! I am glad that you found the Home2 Suites Vanderbilt to be convenient for your night out in Nashville. Thank you for commenting on some of the great amenities that we have here. I hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in town. Thank you again and have a great day!

Merrily Bell

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!