“Large, clean rooms.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Birmingham, Alabama
“Large, clean rooms.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Spent one night to attend a concert downtown. Price here was much better than downtown hotels, yet still very convenient. Room was large with large bathroom and sitting area. Room is outfitted with a nice kitchen (fridge, microwave, dishwasher, coffee service, dishes/glassware/utensils, available hot plate). Would be really nice for a longer stay. Free shuttle service to downtown was very convenient and our driver was super nice and polite as was front desk personnel. Free breakfast was tasty and convenient. There was a pool, hot tub and fitness room available also. Hotel is convenient to several nice restaurants/bars.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking street can be noisy.
Green Features: Lots of opportunities to recycle! Information on hotel practices are posted every where.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Birdnerd62,
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com! I am glad that you found the Home2 Suites Vanderbilt to be convenient for your night out in Nashville. Thank you for commenting on some of the great amenities that we have here. I hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in town. Thank you again and have a great day!

Merrily Bell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great spot in a nice area of Nashville! No hassles here. Just check-in and feel right at home. Really really really clean, with mini kitchen in room. Comfortable beds, tea/coffee 24hours in lobby. Fantastic range of items for breakfast - just work away as if it's your own kitchen! Some hot food available, also waffles, juices, breads, cereals, yogurts. The only thing is that breakfast finishes at 9am weekdays, which is a little early if you were hoping for a sleep-in! But it finishes at 10am at weekends. Staff very friendly and helpful. Best thing was free shuttle to anywhere within 3 mile. They will also pick you up and bring up back! The drivers were very good at giving us tips for where we were going. They have their own parking garage, but we parked hassle-free on the streets around for free. Feels like a safe neighbourhood! Would stay here again if I was back in Nashville.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear alpini,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Home2 Suites. I am pleased to know that you found our hotel to have everything you needed in a great location. I will be sure to share your comments with the shuttle staff. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to Nashville. Have a great day!

Western United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Nicely located hotel central to downtown and Vanderbilt. Downtown is a little bit of a walk from here, and I’m not sure I’d make that walk in the dark, but the Vanderbilt area has dozens of restaurants and bars within walking distance and is a wonderful area to be in at night too.

The employee at check in, though a bit scripted for my taste, was very friendly and did a really good job explaining the hotel’s offerings and also explained the shuttle within a three mile radius offering to me. As a result, check in took about five minutes, but I appreciated her efforts.

This is a sort of odd hotel. It seems a bit simplistic. The room is more on par with a cleaner Extended Stay America room, not even close to the level of a Homewood Suites studio room. The furnishings in the room are very “modern” (translation: cheap). If you like lime green and yellow, you will love the colors here. Personally, I could go without the yellow but like the lime green. But the room was functional and I liked it well enough. As far as Hilton brands go, this is the most bare bones I’ve seen a Hilton brand. I really think some upgrades to the bedding, towels, and bath amenities (dispensers? no lotion? Really?) are in order. Also, I get the whole “green” theme in the hotel but some cups to take coffee out of the room would be nice (they have a very limited supply of take out cups in the lobby that you can take up to your room though). Also, given the “green” theme, why are there no recycling bins in the hotel room itself (Doubletrees have recycling bins in room)? Especially, given the practically ice bucket sized trash can. I walked plastic bottles out to the hallway recycling bin.

Also, given the “green” theme to the hotel, why is it that I cannot take the stairs between the room and the lobby? You can go down the stairs and then immediately be placed outside, but you cannot go up the stairs from the ground floor.

I feel as though the marketers are trying to make this brand seem “green” on the surface, but the attention to detail is just not there.

Parking is $20 extra and in a shared garage with the Hilton Garden Inn. Easy walk from room to parking.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear storewanderer,
Thank you for taking the time write an extensive review of your stay at the Home2 Suites Vanderbilt. As we are a new brand, we appreciate any and all feedback. The Home2 brand is designed to be an extended stay hotel that fits in the mid-tier range. Homewood Suites is considered upscale extended stay and we are in the tier below that. As we are a new brand we are also making constant improvements. Not all Home2's have our color scheme; more and more are branching out into different color and design concepts. We are also branching out on our "Green" concept. Starting in 2014 we will have in-suite recycling (like the Doubletree's). The dispensers in the shower are meant to cut down on waste. We do offer lotion and conditioner at the front desk but it is not available in the rooms. But just ask the front desk agent on duty and we will be more than happy to get that for you. Our hotel does offer a stairwell that deposits into the lobby and not outside; it is on the East side of the building. You are correct in that the west side staircase does put you outside. The Hilton development and marketing teams are constantly making improvements to the Home2 brand. As this brand has been opened for less than 3 years it will take a little time. I hope you do not discount the Home2 brand for any future stays. Keep your eye out for them as they will start popping up all over the place.

Thank you for your review and we hope that on your next trip to Nashville you consider staying with us again. Have a great day!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. We found it clean and comfortable. There was a curtain to pull around the bed so my husband could work and I could sleep. The room had a bed, sofa and kitchen area with a refrigerator, microwave and even glassware and dishes. We were only there for one night, but this would be a great place to stay if you were in town longer and didn't want to eat out for every meal. Breakfast was okay... there was several items to chooses from, just not a huge amount of hot items. The staff was friendly. The business area with computer and printers was helpful for us and we'll stocked. Great place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Indi2010,
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. I am pleased to know that you found the accomodations to be clean and comfortable and had everything you needed. I hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you come to Nashville. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. Have a great day!

beatricepugzilla
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Thought I would give the Home2 a chance and left a little confused - Not sure if this is the best business trip hotel - seems it is more for the college types or families with very large dogs that have a hard time finding a hotel that will accept their pets - anyway, this hotel was not for me. The staff was nice enough however, and not particular to this hotel but a littel worse, they talked far too freely among one another and one more than one occasion, I got to hear the staff opinions of some of the guests - not good. While I realize this happens, keep the mocking and opinions to yourself or behind closed doors and not on the elevator. The room while large it was not clean, maybe it was the "light" cleaning they posted all around the room - so I was warned but I did expect the fridge to be cleaned out from the guest before me - when i let the front desk staff know there was food in the fridge, I was told that "that is no good" yet nothing was done. Same with the gum on the couch and the fresh stain on the carpet - they recognized I said something and were friendly - nothing was done. Maybe this is s because the front desk staff while they were eating their lunch sitting at the common table in the lobby...that kinda threw me. Infact they all hing out al the time at this common table and I felt as thought I was bothering them if I asked a question - yes, they were nice, but still it threw me - a bit too laid back and not really up the Hilton chain standard I am used to. The hotel is OK but just not for me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I love the location of this hotel! There are great restaurants, bars, night life close by. The hotel staff is very friendly, the rooms modern and SUPER clean. Feels like a studio apartment instead of a hotel. This is always my first choice in Nashville.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Dear Taree M,
Thank you for the great reveiw on tripadvisor.com! I am pleased to know that you have found your Home away from home when in Nashville at our hotel. We appreicate your words and hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for the review. Have a great day!

Saint Joseph, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was a great place to stay. We were allowed to check in early so we didn't have to carry our bags around all today. Location is great. We were able to walk downtown to everything in about 20 minutes or less. If you don't want to walk you can catch the hotel shuttle that goes 3 miles out. Many bars and restaurants just down the block. And for the price its just as great as getting one downtown but you can save about $100 a night almost. If we ever visit again we will stay here. Thanks!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Dear Martin C,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com! I am pleased to know that you found the accomodations to be exactly what you needed and in the location you needed. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Nashville. Have a great day!

Merrily Bell

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!