“Nashville home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, United States
“Nashville home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I love the location of this hotel! There are great restaurants, bars, night life close by. The hotel staff is very friendly, the rooms modern and SUPER clean. Feels like a studio apartment instead of a hotel. This is always my first choice in Nashville.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Taree M,
Thank you for the great reveiw on tripadvisor.com! I am pleased to know that you have found your Home away from home when in Nashville at our hotel. We appreicate your words and hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for the review. Have a great day!

Merrily Bell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Saint Joseph, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was a great place to stay. We were allowed to check in early so we didn't have to carry our bags around all today. Location is great. We were able to walk downtown to everything in about 20 minutes or less. If you don't want to walk you can catch the hotel shuttle that goes 3 miles out. Many bars and restaurants just down the block. And for the price its just as great as getting one downtown but you can save about $100 a night almost. If we ever visit again we will stay here. Thanks!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Martin C,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com! I am pleased to know that you found the accomodations to be exactly what you needed and in the location you needed. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Nashville. Have a great day!

Marietta, GA, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel was fine. It met the needs of an overnight trip. Good location. My only complaint would be that there is not an elevator from the upper levels of the parking garage to the ground floor. This is not good for a solo female traveler especially one who arrives at the hotel at night. I was expecting the room to be larger. The bathroom is a tad small work is manageable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Jacqueline M,
Thank you for the review on tripadvisor.com! I do apologize about the layout of the parking garage in relation to our hotel. The parking garage was built before the Home2 Suites and therefore doesnt always make sense for our guests, as the elevator is on the Hilton Garden Inn side. I hope you choose to stay with us again despite your expereince with the garage. On your next visit, be sure to unload your luggage prior to parking, that way you can utilize the stairwell on the Home2 side of the garage. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you again soon! Take care!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel with contemporary decor. In the middle of everything at Vanderbilt/ Nashville. Continental Breakfast was better than I expected...had a lot to choose from. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Will stay there again when in Nashville.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Ted L,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor! I am pleased to know that you found everything at Home2 to your liking. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Nashville! Thank you again for the review and we will see you soon!

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed for 5 days on a business trip. Great suite, has all the comforts I need. Kitchen is convenient, television was 42", and the room had a comfortable sofa. The nicely tiled bath had a walk in shower, no tub. This is preferred by me. Soap and shampoo were available via wall mounted dispensers in the shower (Neutrogena). There was some noise from the hall, it was not the quietest hotel room I have ever had but the noise was not excessive. The bed was comfortable and the window had a black out shade so I could make the room totally dark if I wanted (a nice feature).They had a great breakfast in the lobby (included) and a parking garage attached. Parking is an additional $20 per day. When I was there they had a deal that you could roll parking into the rate for $15 per day. They also have a laundry, workout room and hot tub but I was busy with work and did not really use these. The restaurant in the hotel next door delivers room service. It took less than half an hour to have dinner delivered. Overall this was a great experience. I will definitely stay again! There was simply no weakness. It is not a "fancy" hotel, but it is clean, friendly, and offers everything I happen to want when on a business trip. The manager even greeted me by name whenever I passed through the lobby.

Room Tip: The rooms at around 15 (315, 415, etc.) are right by the ice machine and just around the corner from...
Green Features: The hotel emphasizes its environmentally friendly practices. Recycling was always available. The toilets have two types of flush to help save water. Maids do a light touch up every day but only change the sheets and deep clean once every 5 days.
Dear stemen,
WOW! Thank you so much for the great review on tripadvisor! I am pleased to know that you found all the special amenities that make the Home2 so great! YOU are our target guest and I am happy to know that we succeeded in making your business trip that much more comfortable for you! We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Nashville! Thank you again for the review!

Washington, D.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I recently spent several nights at this hotel, and it was my first experience at a Home 2 Suites hotel by Hilton, which has a promising concept but is flawed in a few ways. This particular hotel is affordable, has a good location for those with business at Vanderbilt, and has attractive and well-functioning rooms. They aren't actually suites, but have a mini-kitchen along one wall, allowing a limited degree of food preparation.
First it has to be said that this hotel's staff is fabulous: Very personable, smart, direct, informative and endlessly helpful. They are by far the best aspect of staying here. The limiting factors are these:
1. The hotel permits guests to bring pets. It doesn't seem that pets are limited to particular rooms or floors, nor does it seem that the hotel keeps track of which rooms dog have been in -- so you may be given a room one of whose occupants the night before was a dog. Though I love dogs, I don't really want a hotel room which smells like one, which I got the first night I stayed in the hotel. A fragrance spray that I bought in Nashville helped mask the odor for a while, but it returned the next morning.
2. When I moved rooms, I was given a room on the 4th floor overlooking Division Street, which I discovered carries heavy traffic, including trucks and motorcycles, until about 1 a.m., with the traffic re-starting about 6 a.m. Ear plugs didn't help much; I managed to get about 4-5 hours of sleep, but missed a couple of the following morning's sessions of the conference I was attending. If you don't care for noise, you must ask for a room facing the garage that this hotel shares with the Hilton Garden Inn on a parallel street. (The 3rd room I moved into was satisfactory.)
3. The breakfast food is limited and ordinary. They offer what looks like an open-face Egg McMuffin which comes in a plastic bag and which one puts on a toaster conveyor belt to heat up. There are also two or three kinds of small doughnuts, which were occasionally stale during the week I was there, as well as small bagels -- and a waffle machine. (The coffee, however, was quite good.) If you want a full breakfast, you have to walk through the garage and pay for breakfast at the Hilton Garden Inn.
In general, this hotel is an economy-class hotel with a fine staff and sufficient comfort to make it acceptable to most travelers, but there are issues that you'll have to evaluate.

Room Tip: Want a quiet room? Ask for one on a high floor facing the garage.
Dear JackSD,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great and detailed review of our Home2 Suites! As we are a new brand we appreciate any and all feedback! I do apologize that you were put into a room that smelled of dog. We do our best to keep guests with pets to the designated pet rooms, but more often than not guests dont always tell us they are bringing a pet until they are already assigned and checked into a room. We do our best to deep clean and fumigate these rooms to the fullest of our ability. I will be sure to share your notes with the Houskeeping team. As we are in a busy section of town with hospitals and nightlife, it is almost impossible to have complete peace. But you are correct, the rooms on the inside facing the HGI are quieter. And thank you for acknowledging the staff here at Home2, they are our pride and joy and I am so pleased to know that they made you feel welcome and had a plethora of information. Thank you again for the great review and we hope you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Nashville.

Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This was a wonderful place. I spent 5 days there, most of which was confined to my suite and the common areas, due to my own physical limitations. The staff was very friendly and incredibly helpful. I have stayed in many such places across the world, and this one sails to the top of my list. I did not come here for the view from the hotel, so that is not an issue for me. The entire place was clean, modern, and well-kept. Free WiFi in rooms and nice with reasonable speed, clean work areas are in common areas with complimentary coffee and hot tea. Also the Home 2 Suites is pet friendly, which is definitely a plus for me. I will definitely be back. It is easy to take a short walk and take-in the numerous of the local amenities. The location is very close to Vanderbilt. It is quiet in the evenings.

Room Tip: On opposite of elevator and was still quiet
Green Features: I was very impressed to see this as a practice. This is the first hotel who really makes the effort to do this and encourages guests to do the same.
Dear JABankenPhD,
Thank you for the tripadvisor review! I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay so much that you already booked another trip! Thank you for sharing with the world your opinion of our hotel as well as some of the many amenities we offer. We look forward to seeing you (and maybe your furry friend) on your next visit back to Nashville. We look forward to having you as one of regular guests! Thanks again and have a great day!!

Merrily Bell

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!