“More Than Satisfied” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Egg Harbor Township, United States
“More Than Satisfied”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Overall, the stay at the hotel exceeded my expectations...the personnel handling the front desk were personable, efficient, and helpful. I think the rooms should be cleaned more than every five days. A light cleaning every other day is acceptable, but floors need to be vacuumed and mopped more frequently. In addition, the bedding was too thin, and made it quite cold.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Pamela F,
Thank you for your review on trip advisor! I appreciated reading about your experience and the nice things you had to stay about the front desk staff; I agree, they're pretty awesome! The Home2 brand standard has a full cleaning every 5 days to help with our GREEN initiatives. We are a sustainable hotel that tries to reduce and recycle as much as possible. But if you would like more frequent cleanings on your next visit, all you have to do is ask. Same goes for additional bedding, if you need it, just ask and we will provide it!! Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Merrily Bell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Home2 Suites was an excellent choice for our family. It was in a wonderful location, great rate and I love having a kitchen in the room. My only complaint would be the sheets on the sofa sleeper looked like they hadn't been changed in a while but overall an excellent hotel, breakfast was awesome best oatmeal bar I've ever had! I'd stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Dcza12,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor.com! I am glad that you and your family enjoyed yourself and enjoyed the hotel's location. In regards to the sofa sleeper, we no longer pre-make the sofa sleeper beds. Even though the sheets are changed, they always looked wrinkled and not fresh. We now keep them in a sanitized bag in the TV cabinet. Thank you for your review and we hope you and your family choose to stay with us again the next time you are in town! Have a great day!

Aberdeen Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed here in Nashville for a few nights, the suites were perfect for our needs and were very comfortable. The area is nice and quiet although just a short distance from downtown Nashville. Courtesy transport is provided for trips within a 3 mile radius of the hotel.
There are many restaurants within a short walk and the ones we used were first class.
The reception staff were first class and made our stay more enjoyable.

Dear allydee,
Thank you so much for writing a review of your recent stay at Home2 Nashville! I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay and found our location and amenities convenient. Myself and the staff look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Nashville!

Hillsboro, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were only in town for two days and one night and what ultimately made me choose this one was the fact that we were bringing my 15 year old daughter and her friend. We needed the extra room plus the cost and the overall design of this hotel was really appealing. Our room included two queen beds and a separate room with a pull out couch, dining table, second flat screen tv and mini kitchen. The bathroom had two doors: one into the bedroom and one into the living area.

Check in was painless and the parking garage had plenty of parking with larger size parking places. The girls were really impressed with the lobby it was very "Ikea Chic". The jetted pool looked great although we didn't have time to use it.

The room did need a little TLC, not much just some touch up paint, a carpet stain in the bedroom and one of the wall lamps in the bedroom seemed loose and it hung lower than the matching one on the other side of the two beds.

Staff was great. Took the shuttle down to the Ryman Auditorium. The first shuttle was full but the driver happily called to the shuttle driver for the other Hilton hotel, he arrived in less than 5 minutes. Front desk was excellent and helpful, finding a pizza delivery restaurant that delivered
to our room for after the concert.

The beds were very comfortable, the sheets were fantastic. I am not exaggerating, even the girls commented how great they were.

Loved the kitchen area. It was very convenient to have "real" plates, utensils and glasses in the room. We loaded the dishwasher and ran it before we left. I could really see this being a great extended stay hotel. The microwave is also a mini oven and has baking and microwave options. The small apartment size refrigerator was a bonus also.

You do pay for parking, but the free Wifi and the free breakfast helped make up for that. Breakfast included fruit, english muffins, yogurt etc. There is a also a "market" in the lobby to pick up drinks and microwave items. Across the street from the hotel is a small neighborhood market, didn't go but it was available.

We drove in so we brought a little fan to make white noise in the room and I am glad we did since it is in a busy neighborhood near Vanderbilt and downtown. The trash truck did empty the dumpster around midnight but we were awake so this didn't really bother us.

Overall we loved the hotel!!! The only thing that could have made it better would have been a second bathroom. LOL!

Dear Lynn C,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our Home2 Suites. I am pleased to know that all the amenities of the hotel suited your needs. I am glad that you and the girls had a great time, and we look forward to seeing you soon the next time you come to Nashville. Thank you again for the review!

Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I am staying here for an extended stay and on the 3rd night my car was broken into and my dash broken apart when they "tried" to steal it and also my gps gone. when you stay here you're charged $20 per car for parking per night so you would think you're car is safe....but its not. And I was told this isnt the first time this has happened. You would think that after the first time, they would have gotten a security guard or cameras IN the garage but no, the only cameras they have are at the entrance to the garage. I am very disappointed that my car wasnt safer here. I am out a lot of money because an insurance claim still means a $500 deductible out of my pocket and i cant afford this right now. I am here in the first place because my house was damaged from a storm and while my home is fixed my home owners insurance put me here. And now I need to be out more money? This is insane.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Stacy H,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor. I am sorry that your car was broken into while staying at Home2 Suites. Our garage is a safe place to park, but as this is a downtown city environment there is always the risk that your car can be broken into, especially if valuables (such as a GPS) are left visible. valuables should be removed from the vehicle or put out of sight. This is a recommendation for parking anywhere in Nashville or any other city. But I am happy to know that otherwise you enjoyed your stay. But I do hope that you are able to use the gift certificate we gave you for a FUN return trip to the city. Thank you again for sharing your review on tripadvisor and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Knoxville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

had 3 in the room and my dog. Plenty of space for all of us to stay comfortably. Very pet friendly. Within walking distance to just about everything and they provide free shuttle service within a 3 mile radius which gets to anywhere in midtown and all the way down to the waterfront! The hotel is located in a quiet and safe area.

Hi Katrina K,
Thanks for the review on tripadvisor! I am glad that your family and fur baby enjoyed your stay at Home2! We love pets and I am happy you found a place for all of you. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Nashville. Thank you again for the review and I hope you have a great rest of the Summer!

Chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Hotel was great, loved the concept so we kept some food in the apartment but still managed to wake up for free breakfast. Use the shuttle/cab service to get downtown if you don't want to walk :) Everyone that works there was friendly. Loved it.

Hi Hunter S,
Thank you for the review on tripadvisor.com! I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and found the accomodations to be exactly what you needed! I am happy to know that you got to get out and enjoy the neighborhood as well. The staff and I hope to see you again the next time you come to Nashville. Thank you again and have a great day!

Merrily Bell

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!