“Enjoyed my stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Enjoyed my stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed at the Home2 Suites while attending a conference in Nashville, Tn. The overall condition of the hotel was very good. There was a little construction in the lobby due to a crack but it was managed very well. The only small compliant I have is the bathroom. It was clean except in the corners of the shower. It could stand a little deep cleaning. Did see a few small pieces of trash that the vacuum cleaner missed while working out on the floor. I do like things clean at home and away from home so I'm not trying to be over critical. The staff was great especially the courtesy van drivers: George, Anthony, Toby and another guy's name I can't remember but but his son graduated from high school while I was there. The hotel isn't in the heart of downtown but it's just a quick shuttle ride away and these guys get you there! I would recommend the hotel and I would stay with them again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear kajoy2,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor.com. I have brought your notes to the attention of the housekeeping manager and I assure you we will use your words to train the staff even more. I am glad that you found the shuttle to service your needs and that you found the staff to be pleaseant. Thank you again for the taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Take care and have a great day!

Merrily Bell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Langhorne, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was a GREAT hotel! Very close to downtown Nashville! There was a free shuttle that took you to and from where you wanted to go (within 3 miles of the hotel, which most things are). Free breakfast was impressive, staff was great, rooms are HUGE! Great hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Kelly O,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor.com! I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay. I hope you stay with us again on your next trip to Nashville! Thank you again for the review. Have a great day!

Parma Heights, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed at Hilton's Home2 Suites in the Nashville/Vanderbilt area. We spent two nights, and booked the hotel primarily for the location and that it was a Hilton property. While I understand what Hilton is trying to do here (green lifestyle, hipster appeal) - it was "not my cup of tea" (as my mother would have us say when we didn't like something). The rooms were sparse, cheaply decorated in an IKEA /dorm room look. The bed was not queen size as stated (we sleep in a queen size bed at home). What really bothered me was the curtain that separated the couch area from the sleeping area - making it a suite. The same curtain appeared in front of the closet - instead of a door. The small kitchen area, complete with dishes and dishwasher was nice - but not something we needed. The large screen TV was nice. We were annoyed at the $20.00 fee to park, difficulty loading and unloading, with inadequate space to park your car to do so. Breakfast promptly ended at 9AM, which did not fit our schedule.
We have stayed numerous times at Cambria Suites - which I am going to guess is the look and feel of what Hilton Home2Suites is trying to emulate. Look at Cambria Suites closer and get some ideas of what can be done better. They have the modern, sparse, green look - but done in a much more appealing way. If this Home2Suites location does not work out, I am sure Vanderbilt would love this property for a dorm.

Room Tip: We had a horrible view - perhaps staying in even numbered rooms across the hall would be a better id...
Green Features: Definitely environmentally friendly at the expense of the comfort of its guests.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Diane440,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on tripadvisor.com. As we are a new brand we appreciate any and all feedback! Although we want all of our guests to enjoy the Home2 Suites brand, sometimes it isnt for everyone. But we do our best to meet all of our guests needs with what our brand offers. Thank you again for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts on tripadvisor. Have a great day!

Malvern, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

First time travelers to Nashville often prefer to stay in downtown Nashville (and understandably so). However, staying near Music Row and Vanderbilt Univ offers some good options, including this hotel. This new Hilton brand is very similar in spirit to the established Homewood Suites brand by Hilton. Home2 is an updated version based on its color schemes, furniture, and themes of sustainability and conservation seen in areas ranging from housekeeping to breakfast. I would even categorize the rooms as utilitarian or efficient. The room is shaped as a narrow rectangle; a curtain is available to separate the sleeping area from the "sitting" area. The window treatment just consisted of a white shade; no curtains. My third floor, rear facing room had an uninspirational view of the parking garage. Other aspects of the room were fine, including mattress comfort, lighting, lamp mounted outlets for iPad/computer charging, water pressure & temperature, and wall insulation (quiet). The lobby decor and breakfast area is "modern." Food quality is probably better than what you would find at a Hampton Inn; not as extensive as an Embassy Suites. Located less than 5 minutes from the Demonbreun exit off I-40 on the west side of town. There is an attached parking garage where you can either valet or self-park (both costly fee). The hotel offers a 24 hour shuttle bus service to the center of town. There are plenty of restaurants and bars within easy walking distance of the hotel. A special acknowledgement to the staff working here; all who I met were very extremely polite, friendly, and helpful. It made a positive impression.

Room Tip: If view is important, get an upper floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Keystone_Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great, detailed review of our Home2 Suites! I am pleased to know that you recognized our relation to the Homewood Suites and that you tried us out! I am also pleased to know that the staff took such great care of you! Thank you again for sharing your experience on tripadvisor and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a great day!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Couldn't have been happier with my four-night stay at this hotel. The room was great, but what really impressed was the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff members. The complimentary shuttle service is also a great facility.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Carrie H,
Thank you for the great review on tripadvisor.com! I am happy to know that the staff took such great care of you, our Home2 staff is our pride and joy! Thank you again for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Price was jacked up due to Vanderbilt Graduation but I'd still stay there again. The place is kind of trendy and cool. It's in a great location for Vanderbilt and the West End. Climate control in the room was the only real problem we had.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Kevin R,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor.com! I am glad to know you found everything to be clean and comfortable. I do apologize about the climate control, spring temperatures in Nashville can sometimes be all over the place. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you soon. Have a great day!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

In town for a conference, my husband & I enjoyed our stay very much. The staff was very pleasant & the shuttle service to our venue downtown was prompt. We appreciated Having a kitchen with a good-sized refrigerator. There are good places to eat within walking distance, as well. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Rtmith,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor! I am glad that you found Home2 Nashville to be everything you needed while in town. We appreciated your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Nashville. Thank you again and have a great day!

Merrily Bell

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!