“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This was my first time at a Home2Suites hotel, and being on the road all the time I am very familiar with the Hilton family of hotels. I particularly enjoyed this hotel experience. A few pluses and one minus:

+ Brand new, everything clean and all appliances operational. Fridge, dishwasher, microwave in the kitchenette with dishes. Curiously, no stovetop but you can borrow a portable one from the front desk. I guess this was a cost savings and probably many people don't use it. However, you could have a simple meal in your room and keep some items refrigerated if you were looking to save money by avoiding going out every meal.
+ Good breakfast setup, they don't have the buffet of hot items like Hampton, but everything else is there and they had egg open faced sandwiches you could heat up if you wanted. I actually am not a huge fan of the Hampton french toast and formed egg circles anyway that you see some places, so this was fine with me. It's what I would deem continental with some improvements. The breakfast area is well lit and inviting.
+Extra comfy bed and soft sheets
+Gym was spacious and functional. Also had laundry (coin op) if you need that.
+Service was very friendly and helpful.

- Parking was $18.00 for self park. I see this at some hotels in cities, so it wasn't totally unexpected and the staff is upfront about the charges. I suspect there are other parking options nearby that may be cheaper.
-One elevator was inoperative, the other was very inconsistent with the door closing (had to hold the close button down to close). Not a big deal but hopefully maintenance tags it and fixes it.

I believe Home2Suites is Hilton's response to the Aloft brand of hotels. It definitely has a modern feel to it but what was best was that it was clean and new and comfortable. Price was OK, not the cheapest nor most expensive. Overall, this is fine for business or pleasure. It's better than a typical Hampton Inn. I would stay here first if I was back in Nashville.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear RicarcoS,
Thank you so much for the review on tripadvisor.com! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize about the parking charge, but our neighborhood is very short on parking, therefore it does come at a premium. I also apologize about the elevator, our maintenance team has taken care of the issue. We hope to see you again the next time you come through Nashville. Thank you again for the review! Have a great day and a Happy Holiday Season!

390 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband was recovering from a procedure at a nearby hospital, so we needed a place to stay for 3 months. When we walked into H2S and got a quick tour with one of the desk clerks, our 15yo son immediately said this was the place for us. I can't say enough good things about this place!! The physical facilities are marvelous, but the PEOPLE!!! Every single one of the staff members has been so helpful, professional, and accommodating every day of our stay. They have consistently gone out of their way to make us comfortable and to meet every one of our needs, whether it's shuttling us back and forth for clinic appointments, helping us with special cleaning requirements, locating special vendors...whatever. These people are the best. The location is perfect for access to everything in Nashville. And the accommodations are wonderful. Thank you, Home 2 Suites, for helping us through one of the most challenging times of our lives!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing Division Street would probably be quieter because of the parking garage behind the hote...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear pianoladytn,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor.com! We appreciate your glowing words! I am so glad that the staff made you feel welcome and that Home 2 offered everything you needed. I am sorry for the reason that you had to stay with us, but we are so happy that you did. Thank you again for the review and we hope you have a Happy Holiday Season!

Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was booked at this hotel by the university for an interview visit. The hotel exceeded my expectations on all levels. It looks brand spanking new. The lobby is inviting and user-friendly, unlike many hotels. Front desk staff was kind, hotel shuttle drivers were wonderful and always available within 15min of a call (even when at a downtown location). My suite was very spacious and impeccably clean, and quiet both nights I was there. Breakfast was very good. Look no further if you need to be within walking distance of Vanderbilt but also close to downtown.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear anne t,
Thank you so much for your review on tripadvisor.com! I am so glad that the Home 2 Suites gave you a comfortable place to stay during your interview process. I know those can be stressful and I am happy that we were able to provide a comfortable clean place for you to prepare. Thanks again for the review and we hope the next time you come through Nashville you choose to stay with us! Have a great day and a Happy Holiday Season!

Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We recently stayed at Home 2 and were so impressed with the facilities, rooms, service, atmosphere and food. Our shuttle drivers, Ron and Larry, were always there within 15 minutes and even picked us up a few times past 10pm. The breakfast was delicious! The staff at the front desk were always so helpful and gave us great recommendations for surrounding shopping malls, entertainment, and restaurants. And the hotel was very nicely decorated for Christmas :) Thank you! - the girls from Ottawa, Canada.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Amanda H,
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor.com! I am so glad to know that you and your friends enjoyed our hotel and Nashville. And I am also glad that you share my opinion of our staff. They are always helpful and definitely friendly. Thanks again for your review! We hope you chose to stay with us again the next time you are in Nashville. Have a great day and a Happy Holiday Season!

Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed there with a family group of 20 people over Thanksgiving. One of our group stayed in one of the extra large suites. There was plenty of room for all of us to get together in that suite. It was great to have a kitchen with a dishwasher. The kids loved the pool and the whirlpool jets. The free game room had several game consoles. The wifi speed was good. We loved the Nutella in the free breakfast. I left something in the room when I checked out. The hotel called me and shipped it back to me. I really appreciate that the hotel staff went the extra mile for me.

Room Tip: See if you can get one of the extra large suites.
Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear MrsEF,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Home 2 Suites - Nashville! I am so happy to read that your entire family enjoyed their Thanksgiving visit at our hotel. You are absolutely right, the suites are very spacious...even big enough for a Family Reunion!!! I hope you and your family stay with us again the next time you come to visit Nashville! The game room will be even better stocked by that time. Thanks again for the review! Have a great day and a Happy Holiday Season!

San Marcos, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

For the money, I'd rather stay at ALOFT. To be fair, Home2 was clean and the people were warm and professional. Self parking was $18 per night, which I thought way too expensive. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. However, the pillows on the bed were a joke. So, bring your pillow from home. The shower was a prefab plastic modular unit, similar to what I'd expect in a trailer home. Summary: I'll give Home2 another try after they... reduce the price of self-parking, provide a quality sleeping pillow, upgrade the shower.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ernie S,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor.com. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at our Home 2. It is my hope that all of our guests enjoy their stay to the fullest, but I understand that sometimes that doesn't happen. I am happy that you found our hotel to be clean and to have a welcoming and professional staff. The Home 2 staff is our pride and joy! In regards to the parking; most hotels in our neighborhood charge for parking including the Aloft- West End. Parking is precious around here so it does come at a cost. I am also sorry that you did not enjoy our pillows. We offer 2 types of pillows in our guest rooms; one down, one foam. On your next visit to Home 2 please let us know in advance which type you prefer and we will make sure you get your preference. If it is additional pillows you need, we have addtional pillows in the cabinets. I am afraid the shower stalls are here to stay until we renovate. You are correct in that it is one, big, pre-fab unit. This style keeps mildew to a minimum as it does not have joints/crevices for the water to gather; which is one reason our hotel is so clean! Thank you again for your review on tripadvisor.com and we hope that on your next visit to Nashville, you give us another try. Have a great day and Happy Holiday Season!
Mason, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff is helpful and friendly. My husband and I, two daughters and golden retriever stayed here for one night before Thanksgiving. We had two adjoining rooms and more than enough space, even for my daughter who is in a wheelchair. My daughter left her security blanket and Chad from housekeeping was so helpful in finding it and having it mailed to my home. We really appreciated the Southern hospitality!

Room Tip: We did hear a little bit of street noise as we were only on the 2nd floor but used the white noise a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear CincyTop,
Thank you for the review on tripadvisor.com! I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us (including the Golden Retreivers!) I will certainly pass on your thanks to Chad! The next time you and your family are passing through Nashville (or coming to hang out in our fabulous city) I hope you choose to stay with us. Thank you again for your review! Have a great day and Happy Holiday Season!!

Merrily Bell

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!