“Hip hotel concept” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Portland, Oregon
“Hip hotel concept”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Great place to stay while working. The room has everything you need in a compact, clean, fresh feeling space. If you appreciate thoughtful design an simplicity, the room delivers. Bed was comfortable, and bathroom was nice.

The lobby is light, bright and vibrant. I loved the complimentary breakfast. Many many choices, including healthy options. Also, the breakfast area is the whole lobby, thus avoiding the kid of depressing "breakfast room" feel. The lobby was always hopping with activity, and I witnessed many guests having their needs met by staff - who seemed more like friends than workers - including finding the right game controllers for a group of guests trying to get their game on. The pool looked great, and deserted. The workout/laundry area was cool.

In general, the hotel was far less staid than many biz hotels, and thus more fun. The location is great, walk able to everything you might need and close to the action. Check out the cupcake place a couple blocks away...amazing cupcakes!

• Stayed October 2012
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear AubreyBaldwin,
Thank you for the review on Tripadvisor.com! I am excited to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us! We do our best to make our hotel feel like "home" to our guests and I am glad that you noticed that with the open area breakfast and friendly staff. We also agree on the cupcake place....Gigi's is a good cupcake! Thanks again for the review on trip advisor and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Have a great day and Happy Holiday Season!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

The Home2 Suites concept is a new one for Hilton, so I was excited to try this property in Nashville. Overall, I was pretty impressed; the hotel offers a good experience, especially considering its quite reasonable price.

The hotel's location is good; it's very close to Vanderbilt University and the immediate area surrounding the hotel has several restaurants (chain and non-chain), a few of which are within easy walking distance of the property. The property is a couple of blocks off the main street, West End Avenue, and therefore a bit less convenient than one of the many properties on that street.

Service at the hotel was generally excellent. Check-in was extremely welcoming. The rooms do not come with lotion as a standard toiletry (which I find disappointing), but when I asked for a bottle at the front desk, I was provided one. The valet was always very nice and generally was pretty fast.

The hotel offers complimentary breakfast. I've certainly seen better hotel free breakfasts, but it was passable, with breads, yogurt, cereal, and the option to put a pre-made breakfast sandwich through the toaster.

The laundry area and fitness center are combined, which seems pretty smart. The fitness center was well-lit and pretty well-equipped.

The room was nice. It's a studio-suite layout, with a small sitting area, a small kitchen, and a bed. The bed was comfortable. The kitchen was modest (sink, dishwasher, and microwave, but no stove; you could rent a burner from the front desk). I really liked the desk -- it was a table on wheels and could be moved throughout the room. That flexibility was nice. The room had lots of storage. The TV was large and had a very nice selection of channels. The bathroom had a shower; instead of giving little bottles of toiletries, the shower had a dispenser for shampoo and body wash. In theory, I think that's a decent move in support of the environment, but throughout my stay the body wash container was empty, which was a bit annoying. Housekeeping does a 'refresh' service each day; I think full housekeeping would be a nice gesture, but the refresh took care of the essentials and the room was certainly clean.

Overall, I had a good stay and would not hesitate to try out the brand in other cities or return to this property.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear brmusicman,
Thank you so much for your in-depth review of the NEW Home 2 Suites by Hilton in Nashville. I am very happy that you found us and that all of your needs were met and that you liked the rolling desk! That's one of our favorite features as well. I want to apologize in regards to the soap dispenser being empty and I have brought that to the attention of our Executive Housekeeper. In regards to the absence of lotion; that is one of our sustainability efforts. We do not provide the small bottles due to waste, but always have them available upon request. We are currently working on revamping our breakfast..stay tuned for what the new additions will be. Thanks again for taking the time to review the hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon the next time you are in Nashville. Have a great day and a Happy Holiday season!
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

5 stars because
1. Large, comfortable rooms.
2. Brand new facility / friendly staff.
3. Good fitness room (small, but quality new equipment)
4. Quality free breakfast (as long as you like cereal, bagels etc, rather than full breakfast)
5. Free wi-fi.
Also good bars and restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear jamesredge,
Thank you for taking the time to list your Top 5 likes of the NEW Home 2 Suites on tripadvisor.com! You listed a few of the great reasons that make the Home 2 special. I hope that the next time you find yourself in Nashville that you choose to stay with us. Thanks again for the review! Have a great day and a happy holiday season.
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I are Hilton fans, but had never stayed in a Home2 before. Wow, were were surprised! Although it was to capacity for the Bears/Titans game, we had a great stay. I took reviewers advice and asked for a room above the 5th floor and opposite side of the busy street. We slept peacefully every night. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Most importantly, the room was VERY clean....and I'm pretty picky! The room itself was great, to include the partial kitchen to store our Cheesecake Factory leftovers! It's in a great location close to LP Field as well as downtown. The breakfast was just right for a quick meal in the morning. We will definitely seek out other Home2 Suites again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear fdm0929,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor.com! Since you and your husband are avid Hilton fans, we are so happy that you decided to try out the NEW Home 2 Suites! We agree that the rooms have everything you need for any length of stay. Thanks for trying us out and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Nashville. Have a great day!
Benicia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was supposed to find something near the downtown office for 9 days but due to the CMA awards it became troublesome. I am so glad I ventured out. Being there for work it was nice to have a comfortable seating area, even though I was flying solo. The kitchen area was well stocked with the basics and having a fridge able to hold more than beer was a pleasant surpirse. I used the shuttle almost daily in the AM and it suited my needs perfectly. It was only 1.5 mile walk back so I took advantage of the decent weather and stretched my legs. If I'm ever back there I'll make every attempt to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear standuptriple,
I am sorry that the CMA awards got in the way of your reservation making, but I am so happy that it led you to us at the Home 2 Suites! Our hotel is designed for lengthy stays and I am glad that you found the Home 2's amenities to work for you! We agree that the seating area and the kitchen really make our guests feel like they're at "home". The next time you have Nashville on your travel itinerary, please give us a call and we will get you set up for another fantastic stay. Thank you for taking the time to review on tripadvisor.com and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip. Have a great day!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Amazing hotel. Friendly staff. Clean, quiet, large spacious rooms. Only a short drive to downtown. We took advantage of the shuttle when heading to Broadway. Only problem was that we had to wait 45 minutes to get picked up. Shuttle only runs until midnight. Parking is expensive...$18/night to self park. Other than that, our stay was great and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jenn537,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor.com. As we are a new hotel, we always love feedback! I am sorry to read that you had to wait 45 minutes for the shuttle. The shuttle does operate on a first come first served basis and needless to say on a Friday or Saturday night, it's in high demand. The next time you visit us and find that you have to wait for the shuttle, please call the front desk and we will do our best to try and make other arrangements for you and your group. Thanks again for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a great day!!

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at the Home2 Suites as a result of a flood in our home - we live 2 miles from the property. Really recommend - the rooms were really nice; very clean, quiet, comfortable and efficient. They really had everything we needed; all kitchen supplies including dishwasher, disposal, cutting knives...you could really manage here for a long term stay. I saw that they even offered a cook top if you asked for it! The location is perfect for a visit to Nashville, lots of things to do close by, local restaurants within walking distance that we go to normally, such as Ken's Sushi, South Street and Midtown Cafe, not just chains. They recycle. Good breakfast and comfortable dining area although the access can become a little crowded. Used the fitness room which is very good and the indoor pool looks nice, too. Their shuttle services are a 3 mile radius which can get you almost anywhere you want to go in Nashville. If I were visiting Nashville, I'd stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear cosmiccigar,
First, I am very sorry to read about the flood that you had in your home. But I am happy that you found the Home 2 Suites! Thank you for reviewing our amenties on tripadvisor.com and we hope that when you are in need of a hotel room for a stay-cation or for visitng family that you choose to stay with us! Good luck with your home repairs and if you are ever in the neighborhood, please stop by for a coffee and an apple! Have a great day!

Merrily Bell

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!