“Very nice stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Campbellsville, Kentucky
“Very nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have nothing but good reviews for this hotel. We arrived early and were allowed into our room. The lobby was very spacious as well as the hallways. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Our room was very nice and very clean. I had second thoughts about getting a room here because of bad reviews, but glad I chanced it. Will definitely return here when I am in the area.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a good view and are very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
st. louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

All and All it was fine. My biggest complaint was how completely stuffy the rooms and the hallways were . I am assuming because they hadn't turned on the A/C yet and it was getting warm. The room A/C could not seem to keep the room cool. Otherwise, I slept fine in the bed, the room was quiet on a relatively busy weekend.

Room Tip: Away from the main hallways.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I used priceline for a 3 star hotel located in downtown Nashville. I don't know how this got a 3 star rating. We stayed 2 days. When we checked in, our toilet wasn't working. We asked for a different room. They said, if we can't fix it, we will get you a different room. They worked on it, we left and it was apparently fixed. The next morning when trying to take showers, the water was cold. When I called the front desk, there reply was "a lot of people are taking showers". We went out for the afternoon, got back around 4 pm and noticed that maid didn't even clean our room. When I called housekeeping, they said "the cleaning people left for the day". I told them I wanted our room cleaned they said there is no one to clean it.
Overall, it was a terrible experience, the room was dirty, stained carpets, holes in the sheets and no hot water.

Room Tip: don't stay at the Gust House Inn, Nashville, TN
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Madison, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

The pillows had stains, the ironing board had a weird stain, there was a hair on my mattress cover, the mattress was ripped, the beds had permanent indentures in them, no ESPN even though the guide says there is, the television has the worse image I have ever seen in my life, one lamp did not work at all, they ran out of sheets and towels (which I've never heard of before), there was a weird stain on the bed cover, and what looked like a urine stain on the other mattress cover. The front desk was not friendly and never returned phone calls to answer to the room conditions. My group stayed one night and then moved to a different hotel even though we had pre-paid. TERRIBLE. THEY NEED TO CLOSE THE DOORS! ASAP! I have pictures for anyone that would like to see them. Please email me at chevonne.dancer@gmail.com and I will be more than happy to share them. I wish I could post them here and if I find a place to post them I will. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

• Stayed March 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is a moderately priced hotel. A good exterminator is needed because the rooms have ants and ladybugs. My room had ants coming through the shower drain and crawling on the desk top. The flat screen television was blurry and pixelated. I switched rooms and the second room had the same problem of bugs. If you are one minute late 9:31 am, you will not be able to eat breakfast. I had to go across the street and have breakfast at the Bob Evans. It was raining, and I did not have an umbrella so I asked the receptionist if the shuttle could take me across the street to the Bob Evans. I was told that the shuttles only go to the airport and to the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. I walked in the rain to the Bob Evans restaurant and then called back to ask for a late checkout of 12:00 pm. I was told that I could not have a late checkout because a large group was coming in that day. It was 10:30 am, and I had to rush eating leaving half of my breakfast and rush back to the hotel to be out by 11:00 am. Definitely not a very accommodating hotel and a bit unconcerned about the hotel guests. You get what you pay for mediocrity and bare bones. A more costly hotel might have hired a good exterminator and have more staff.

Room Tip: Some suites have a door separating the lounge from the sleeping area. These rooms are nice for slee...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
tchrs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

This motel has exactly what is important - LOCATION. It is a very very busy and large property and as such can be a bit noisy. Management does there best and did a bunch of renovations last year. I is a bit worn outside, but is surrounded by 1960s motels you would not want to stay in. Great prices compared to others in the area and walking distance to everything.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Bartlett, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel looked fairly old so it did have some stains etc. but still clean. We live in an old house so we're used to not having perfectly shiny brand new surroundings, plus we have 3 boys. For the money and convenience it was worth it. I will say, Saturday morning at 8 was the busiest and most congested time I have ever seen for a continental breakfast. We had to take our breakfast to our room as many others had to. 9 o'clock was much better but by then they had ran out of many of the choices. Overall satisfactory stay though.

• Stayed March 2014

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Nashville/Music Valley? Share your experiences!