“Great location for Music Valley” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2420 Music Valley Drive, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #68 of 152 Hotels in Nashville
tchrs
“Great location for Music Valley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

This motel has exactly what is important - LOCATION. It is a very very busy and large property and as such can be a bit noisy. Management does there best and did a bunch of renovations last year. I is a bit worn outside, but is surrounded by 1960s motels you would not want to stay in. Great prices compared to others in the area and walking distance to everything.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Bartlett, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel looked fairly old so it did have some stains etc. but still clean. We live in an old house so we're used to not having perfectly shiny brand new surroundings, plus we have 3 boys. For the money and convenience it was worth it. I will say, Saturday morning at 8 was the busiest and most congested time I have ever seen for a continental breakfast. We had to take our breakfast to our room as many others had to. 9 o'clock was much better but by then they had ran out of many of the choices. Overall satisfactory stay though.

• Stayed March 2014
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Based on the reviews i thought this hotel would be adequate for a one night family stay but I am very disappointed. It is stinky and hot and it is only March. Some ice and vending machines down. Yuck pool. For the price I think it is kind of gross. Needs updating due to smell of pillow cases and bedspreads. The one good thing is the shuttle that takes you to the Gaylord opryland hotel (which I will add is not very family friendly either). If this hotel was priced lower it might be okay but to me not clean enough to put my toddler in the tub and bed.

• Stayed March 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

It baffles me that there are so many good reviews for this establishment. The most positive thing I could provide is that this hotel is in a great location & has free wi-fi. The hotel is old, so it looks kind of dirty. The parking felt very unsafe. You have to park in a filthy, dirty poorly lit parking garage behind the hotel and walk down a filthy, dirty poorly lit stairwell and enter the back of the hotel. There is a table at the back of the hotel which helped to host quite a few shady characters who chose to sit & smoke with their brown bags. Lovely. The room smelt funny and not to my surprise was totally outdated. Had 2 dead roaches on the floor and several dead bugs in one of the bed. Yep, I said it - dead bugs in the bed. Pulled the sheet back and dead bugs. Got another room. The staff is ok friendly, but not very professional. There is no express check out, you have to go to the front desk to get your final receipt. Haven't had to do that in years.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

If you are attending a conference at Gaylord, this is the place to stay. Shuttle service runs every hour to the airport & convention centre. Rooms are nice & big. The inn is well-maintained. I got my bananas & hot cereal every morning.

Stayed March 2014
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Most of the staff was very friendly, kind and helpful specifically Sylvie, Patti, Luke and Terrance. Housekeeping straightened out my room and replenished most supplies regularly which I was grateful for coming back at the end of the day.

I liked the many lamps available for good yellow lighting and appreciate the complimentary upgrade when my reservation was lost upon arrival and checkin.

There is room for improvement with toiletry supplies, cleanliness and mattress/box frame quality.

The bath soap bars were consistently stale and unlatherable. I think there was 1 day out of 4 that I received a VO5 facial soap bar and that bar was better, but the bottle of lotion which I needed desperately due to painfully dry, cracked hands was also stale and curdled up with an unpleasant scent.

The towels were regularly replenished which I was very grateful for, however, several of them had consistently red and black stains. Some smelled fresher than others and I don't believe the carpets were vacuumed. Overall, the room and bed sheets felt dusty.

Also, on my first night's stay there was vomit allowed to dry and crust on the wall at the top of the staircase on the 2nd floor. I noticed it was cleaned up the following day, however, something as hygienically hazardous as that should never have been allowed to remain long enough to dry and crust on a wall, especially a public main hall wall.

The bedroom bed mattresses were a little dilapidated and didn't provide firm back support to make for a well rested evening. I did appreciate the strong flow of hot water coming from the shower head which made for a rejuvenating morning after an evening of unrest with a sore back. I also appreciated the well operating media center which made it easy for me to checkin to my flights ahead of time and print my boarding passes with ease.

The highlights of my stay at the Guesthouse Inn & Suites include meeting the pleasure of Sylvie, Patty and Terrance's acquaintances. They each served with genuine hospitality and deserve a raise!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Scott Township, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

On a return trip from Florida, we decided to visit Nashville. First, we stopped at the Tennessee Visitor Center, where we picked up a Coupon Clipper booklet. Inside was a coupon for a discount at the Guest House; it sounded good, so that's where we stayed.

We'd never heard of this hotel, and were surprised at how large and busy it was. It's very modern and appears to have been there for a while. There was a Cattlemen's Convention in town and many of them were also staying at our hotel.

Our room was very clean and the hotel had all the amenities visitors expect, including a hot buffet breakfast. The hotel employees were friendly and polite and ready to help us with any request. Their Southern hospitality was charming and contagious -- we really did feel welcome.

The Guest House was easy to find and just a few minutes away from downtown Nashville and all the local attractions. Best of all, we were delighted to have stayed at a first-class hotel at a discount price, thanks to the coupon book. Even if we had paid the full price, it would have been worth it.

I would recommend to anyone taking a "road trip" that when traveling to a new state, you should always make a point of stopping at the Welcome/Visitors Center. It only takes a little bit of time out of your trip, and you can get some great, often-overlooked deals. We've used coupons for discounts on hotels, motels, restaurants, and tourist attractions. Who doesn't like to save money?

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple