“Outdated, but good location and cheap” 3 of 5 stars

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Nashville/Music Valley
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2420 Music Valley Drive, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Ranked #70 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
California
“Outdated, but good location and cheap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

One of the great things about this hotel is its location in Music Valley, just a short walk or drive from the famous Gaylord Opryland Resort. It cost a lot less to stay here (approx. $85/nt) than the fancier one up the street. That was one of the main reasons my husband and I picked this place. I also liked the fact that that they had a free shuttle to and from the airport as well as to the Gaylord Opryland. Unfortunately, their shuttle van broke down when we arrived from the airport, so we had to pay for our own shuttle to get to the hotel. I was told that the manager might give us credit or reduce our rate for the hassle, but no such luck...Anyways, the hotel itself looks and feels outdated. When we got to our room, it was very cold. And when we turned on the heater, it was a little noisy (one of those old fashioned wall units, not central air/heating). When I called for extra blankets, they said I had to go downstairs at the front office because they didn't have housekeeping staff in the evening. It felt more like a Motel 6. Oh well, you get what you pay for...The good thing is breakfast is free; nothing fancy, but it was adequate enough. It's also close to some restaurants and, of course, the Gaylord. If you don't have a lot of money to spend-or just don't like to spend much time in your room, then I suppose this place would be okay. Otherwise, if you expect more, maybe look elsewhere in this area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Was in Nashville for an uncle's 90th birthday party. I checked in late to my room, 8:30pm. The clerk was friendly and check in was quick and smooth.

Room was on the fifth floor, down from the elevators. Everything was typical. Small fridge, tube tv, two double beds. Room was clean and well maintained. I had read there was remodling of the hotel but could not tell much from the rooms. The a/c unit, headboards and credenza appeared new. Standard bath, plenty of hot water.

Bed firm and pillows flat. Just what I expected. I slept fine and up early for coffee and newspaper. Coffee obtained at the free breakfast but no paper at the hotel. No USA Today, no local paper, nothing. Clerks loaned me a couple of magazines and I was thankful.

This is a good location near Grand Ole Opry and mall. Staff was excellent. Room standard, no frills. Lots of restaurants nearby, McD's adjacent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Kuttawa, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is a good place to stay in Nashville on a budget. Downtown hotels are so expensive, and I find the rates here are very reasonable. You are right across the street from Opryland Hotel, The Grand Ole Opry, Opry Mills Mall & Cinema. Several restaurants to choose from as well. The hotel is always friendly, rooms are clean, although a little dated. There is a small lounge if you want a beer or glass of wine. I've stayed here several times and will continue to go back.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel the past 2years on vacation. The staff remembered me and treated me just like a person could hope to be treated. I am soon to be there for my vacation and it feels like I am going to visit family (staff) .

Room Tip: Sharin Nashville tours .They arrange literally everything !
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Toledo, Ohio, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We found out during our stay last August that they would no longer be pet friendly. I just confirmed it when I called for our upcoming Christmas visit. We have stayed here 2 or 3 times a year for almost 10 years. We loved that we could park our car in the garage below the hotel and go directly by elevator to the floor of our room with our small dog. We respect that not everyone likes animals and this was a great benefit that allowed us to avoid the lobby and food areas with our dog. We never left our dog in the room alone as he travels everywhere with us and we gladly paid the $25/per day additional fee. As stated in other reviews the bedding is the worst - extremely worn and paper thin and so we always brought our own pillows. Otherwise, the staff is absolutely the best we have encountered! Friendly, professional and they always made us feel right at home - bravo! The rooms were always clean and we NEVER had any kind of issue with our 5th floor room. It is sad for us to say goodbye to a hotel that always treated us right and we have been unable to find another quality pet-friendly hotel in the same area. I was told the policy change had to do with one bad situation... that is unfortunate and I wonder how many other travelers with pets this will affect and where are they going to stay?

Room Tip: While this hotel is in need of upgraded bedding it is clean and the staff is excellent! For now, bri...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
North Vernon, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Went to Nashville for a getaway and stayed one night at GuestHouse Inn & Suites. Was a great hotel for the price and the location was awesome. Walking distance to several restaurants and right across the highway from the Gaylord Resort. Will definitely stay again when we visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Georgetown, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My group will NEVER stay hear again, unless the hotel does a major upgrade to the beds/bedding. We knew the hotel was older, and dated, so we knew what to expect. The bedding and pillows look like the original ones that were placed in the rooom when it was buit. The 2 pillows on the bed WORN OUT flat and were only about 1"-1.5" thick. The velvety blankets had multiple small holes in them, and the bedspread is faded, old and stained. We asked for some extra pillows, but Candice at the front desk told us pillows were a RARE commodity at the hotel. The mattress was old and worn. I understood when booking that the hotel was not a 4 star hotel, but the condition of the beds were terrible. None of us in our group in multiple rooms got a good nights rest. THe location of the hotel is great, across the street from the Opryland hotel, walking distance to several good restuarants, the continental breakfast was standard as in previous posts. If you do not care about a decent bed in a hotel or nice comforter and good pillows, then you will like this hotel, otherwise, you better check in somewhere else. They hotel clerk, told us we could not have a reciept becasue we booked thru expedia and she had us down for one more room that we had on our Expedia confirmation, and that our credit card had been charged for but she kept insisting it was Expedia's fault and told us she could not do anything about it, we needed to call Expedia, and if we did not get it cancelled THRU expedia by 11am, we would be charged for it. Luckily we were able to get it corrected, (it was hotel error not Expedia's) but the clerk made it more difficult than it should have been.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Nashville/Music Valley? Share your experiences!