“Horrible place to stay” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Best Western Downtown Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Best Western Downtown Convention Center to your Saves list
Best Western Downtown Convention Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 Union Street, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #78 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Columbus, Ohio
“Horrible place to stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2007

This hotel is ok only for a place to sleep. It had no ammenities, small rooms, and horrible service. I see why it was the cheapest in the downtown, stadium area.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

446 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Gadsden, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2007

I can agree with some of the other reviewers: not worth the money charged and the elevator is a problem. Also the neighborhood is iffy...very noisy...traffic-wise and people yelling at night. As older travelers, we really didn't feel that safe...tho there did appear to be some security at the hotel.

Hotels in downtown Nashville are expensive, so this might be your best bet...but one night was enough. Walking back from Broadway, we saw quite a few homeless people as we got closer to the hotel. All in all, we were happy to leave the next morning

• Liked — affordable for location
  • Disliked — too bad this is all you can get for the price
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Watertown, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2007

Stopped at a rest stop along the way. We picked up a Nashville tourist guide and the hotel was listed in the coupon area at $64.95 1-4 people Sun-Thurs.
I was so disappointed at the check-in. We asked if they had a room, Yes they did! Great, I thought. I presented the coupon (by the way it was a Thursday at about 1pm.) I was informed that I would be chaged $139 because of a "special event" (which is a reason stated on the coupon for not honoring the sale price). I then asked what the special event was?No one knew, I was then told that actually, it is the last room so I would have to pay the standard rate. However with AAA they would reduce it to $116. Well I took the room, but still I don't feel they did me justice. So, all I can say on that is don't trust the ad!
As for the room and hotel... Staff was friendly and otherwise accomodating. The room was very clean. In the heat of the day the AC was terrific. The location was just a few blocks from 2nd st where many of the best clubs are located. Parking was secure with 24 hr valet service and included in your stay. Breakfast consisted of belgian waffles, apple, orange, cranberry juice, milk, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cereal, muffins, bicuits and gravy, toast, bagel, apples and yogurt. Dining area was small and crowded, we were there at about 10am! Free internet in the lobby, if you don't have a laptop.
Try Demos restaurant if you like Italian, nearby on Broadway and 3rd, EXCELLENT! (We were there at 4:00 their time...by 4:30 it was considerably busy. We think it was mainly tourists, still on EST!)

• Liked — location, room, parking, staff
  • Disliked — they did not honor the coupon
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2007

I recently stayed at this hotel on July 13, 2007. I booked this hotel based on the overall reviews found on this website. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was in an excellent location, close to everything. There was a continental breakfast served which my sister told me was good. I actually went to the tiny restaurant right outside of the hotel on the corner, good food there...The room itself was kept well, it was on the tiny side but we just needed it to sleep in anyway! The staff was friendly and the property itself was well maintained. We arrived way before check in and the staff accommodated us. The only thing I did not like was the elevator, there is only one and it took a long time to go up/down. I opted for the stairs. Heh gotta start the diet some time right?! So overall if you are looking to save a bit of money I recommend this hotel. I only paid $100 for the night and other hotels in the area were $200 and up. I dont know about you but I'd rather spend my money on entertainment.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The elevator
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2007

We booked two nights through Expedia at the end of June and the rate was excellent, much cheaper than we were quoted at the desk when we enquired about an extra night. The room was very clean and spacious, a standard double with two beds, free internet in lobby was useful as we had not brought our laptop, good location for walking to downtown, great breakfast too. Overall we were very happy with this hotel. Would book this again and certainly recommend it.

• Liked — Position and breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2007

My wife and I stayed here in mid-May 2007. We went to the Nashville Crawfish Boil, which was a music festival taking place on the riverfront. First off, all the rates we saw on every website said it should have been around $100/night. We ended up having to pay $130/night and it was tough to get a room. I called the hotel directly a number of times, one day they were booked, the next day they had rooms. They had no idea why they were booked. Well, it turns
out this was Vanderbilt's graduation weekend. One would thing a hotel
would know that.

Anyways, the hotel is in a great location. Right downtown on 7th street, near the Capitol. We walked all over downtown without a problem. You are just 4-5 blocks from all the music/bar establishments. So we were happy with that.

That staff, as well as everyone we met in Nashville, was extremely friendly. That Southern hospitality really was nice. When we got there the room we were assigned was not made up when we opened the door. The front desk was apologetic and gave us a different room. Stuff happens, not a big deal since we were put in a another room (farther from the elevator which was good, less traffic). The room was OK. The carpet was dirty, we wore shoes at all times. It was a bit dingy too. They said we were "upgraded" to a room with a microwave and refrigerator, which we had no need for, so no idea how this was considered an upgrade. Since they were booked they only had two doubles. Beds were pretty comfy. A/C worked well to keep us cool. Bathroom was dated, a huge counter but only one sick. Zero water pressure in the shower.

You get a free breakfast. I'm not a big breakfast guy so I ate small.
My wife said it was good, not great. You can make your own waffles, toast, cereal, danish, etc... Plus free coffee.

Overall, the hotel was average. Great location. But not worth $135/night. Not really sure it's worth $100/night except for the location. However, you do get FREE valet parking which is nice for a major city. The Holiday Inn Express, our other choice, charges $14/night for parking.

All told, we'd stay here again even though it's just average. I'm not about to pay over $200/night for some of the nicer hotels in Nashville. And with the free parking and location it's not a horrible
deal if you can get it for $100 I guess. I just don't like when hotels gouge you because of a graduation or other event.

Steve & Kristen
Cincinnati, OH

• Liked — Location, location, location
  • Disliked — Price gouging due to another event in city
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Nashville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2007

The Best Western was fine. We were glad to get a hotel downtown at such a late notice for the Country Music Marathon weekend. My major complaint is not with the hotel itself, but that Hotwire considers it a 3 star. It is 2 star at best, and after explaining it to customer service through Hotwire, I was emailed a form letter stating that their researchers looked into it and considered it 3 star quality. Very deceptive, in my opinion.

Here are the basic pros and cons:

Pros:
Good location, Clean rooms, Great prices for downtown Nashville, Free valet parking, Free breakfast (which is just OK, but will do), generally comfortable bed and pillows

Cons:
Potential for Lots of noise (every room opens to outside and we could hear people's footsteps in the corridor all night. Thankfully, no loud groups of people were there), free internet is deceptive because you need to provide your own ethernet cable (who travels with those?), scratchy towels and sheets, poor toiletries

Go to the Best Western knowing that it is a MOTEL, not a hotel, and you will not be disappointed. Don't expect 3 star quality... everything is fine, but not fabulous.

• Liked — Location, price
  • Disliked — Towels, noise, internet
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Best Western Downtown Convention Center? Share your experiences!