“OK for downtown” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Capitol Hotel Downtown Nashville

You added The Capitol Hotel Downtown Nashville to your Saves list
The Capitol Hotel Downtown Nashville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 Union Street, Nashville, TN 37219 (Formerly Best Western Downtown Convention Center) (Downtown Nashville)   |
Ranked #86 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Chesterfield
“OK for downtown”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Good value for money for downtown hotel. Within easy walking distance of Broadway. WiFi OK but a little slow. Breakfast was good. We had no problems with noise. Hotel was undergoing renovation, but that did not cause any issues.
Car parking here is valet parking, object at cost of this, but had no issues getting car when we required it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Nashville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel was under construction. I knew that when I booked the room. They made it sound like it was only in part of the hotel. WRONG! It is the entire hotel. The walkways to the rooms were terrible and unsafe. There were wires sticking out of the walls, garbage bags leaking on the floors, and open railings off the second story right next to the breakfast room. When I arrived I felt as if I was disturbing the valet and the front desk staff. The rest of the staff were very kind. I WONT stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Kansas City, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

So as you know when you book a hotel through Priceline, it's a bit of a gamble. We lost on this one. This motel should have been rated one star.
I have to point out that the worst part of the stay was the sound from outside. The walls were obviously paper thin and there was something about the accoustics that magnified road sounds. Every time a big truck drove by (which was often) it sounded as though it was going to drive straight through out room. This kept us up throughout the evening.
When I couldn't find any hangers in our room, I called down and asked for more. They said I could come down and get some. We couldn't check in early and had been walking all day, and thanks to the slow elevator had just dragged all of our luggage upstairs. I asked nicely if someone could bring them to our room. Finally, a maintainance man showed up with five wire hangers.
The refrigeration wasn't working in the attached convenience store.
The whole place just felt so cheap.
Yes, it's less expensive. Yes, it's walking distance to downtown. But we will never stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This hotel offered good value for money in downtown Nashville. If you are looking for boutique luxury go elsewhere but if you are looking for clean rooms with all the essential amenities and within walking distance of Broadway and other attractions then this is perfectly fine.

Yes, the outside of the hotel and the walkways are shabby and not very nice looking but the rooms are clean and have what you need for your stay. I was a bit concerned about potential noise from the construction work and also because there were other guests congregating outside on the walkways but it was actually fairly quiet and I wasn't disturbed at night (although we did get back late).

Breakfast was more than adequate and the reception staff were friendly. It took us a little bit of time to find the hotel car park when we first arrived and then we had to wait for quite a while as it was all valet parking (about $16 a day) which was my main negative.

If I was looking for reasonably priced accommodation in Nashville again I would be happy to return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We were with another couple and we stayed for 3 nights. Gwen at the front desk was very friendly. They are remodeling but our rooms was very nice, it's very modern and looks great. It was apparent the staff got along and had fun doing their job. I would stay there again!!!

Stayed July 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

friendly staff, good enough breakfast, easy walk to downtown and clean. We went for Awesome 4th of July show in Downtown Nashville. Redneck comedy bus tour was fun, we saw their flyer in the hotel lobby. They have outdoor walkways to your room which I like because it's quieter.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Very good location, close to everything. Loved Tye the breakfast host, she was cheerful and welcoming. Rooms were very clean. would stay here again whenever in Nashville. The only thing I did not like was the fact that upon checkout the front desk person made a copy of my credit card, said the night auditor needed this...not comfortable with that!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to The Capitol Hotel Downtown Nashville? Share your experiences!