“Really great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #60 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Edgewater, Maryland
“Really great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

My family is VERY appreciative of the staff at this hotel. We had some special circumstances and the staff accommodated us without hesitation. The check-in clerk even gave us adjoining rooms without our having to ask for them. The lobby was very clean and inviting. They even had books you could borrow if you needed something to do. The rooms were clean and comfortable despite the fact we had 3 adults in one room and 4 in another. The bathrooms were a little dated but more than adequate for a one night stay. The breakfast was awesome and offered a variety of foods so that there was something for you to eat no matter what you dietary needs were. (Sausage and eggs were my favorite.) We all agree we would stay there again if we return to the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Nashville, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Clensy,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us, and that we could accommodate you. We are so glad that you enjoyed all that the hotel has to offer. Thank you so much for staying with us. We really value your feedback. We will pass it on to our staff. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Nashville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Kahnawake, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a week this past February and was very satisfied with everything. Rooms were clean and spacious for my needs. The full breakfast was an asset. Better than most places I have stayed at before. The location was great.....several restaurants in the area within walking distance. I always look at what the bathroom looks like and that sets the tone for the stay. The bathroom was clean and spacious....a bit slow drainage, but nothing that would hinder another stay. Very friendly service. I would stay at this hotel again should the need arise.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jean,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you stayed with us, and that we could accommodate you. We strive to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Vernon, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

This was by far the worst hotel experience EVER! My husband and I travel with our kids a lot and I have never been this agitated. When we arrived the front desk guy "welcomed" my husband by telling him the rooms and rates available. No "How are you?" Or "Hello" ... Very rude. Once we unload our things and headed for the room I saw the front desk clerk busy in the breakfast area eating and looked to be watching tv. The smell when we entered smelled like backed up sewage. The outside of the hotel itself looked up-to-date. Not the case. The hallway had carpet that looked as if had never been cleaned and the baseboards were caked with crud. The room itself was pleasant , at first. Then I discovered some hairs on top of the toilet and by the sink. The walls look to be painted to cover up imperfections and white cauck was in abundance around every nook in the bathroom to cover up mold, I'm sure. We were called at 9:15 by Tim because we were too loud. I have 3 kids and the two younger were crawling around on the floor but the conversation went something like this , " hey, we're getting complaints from the people under yall that y'all are jumping around and it's getting late and y'all need to settle down." I laughed at him because his tone with me was ridiculous. I respect authority but this guy had no business addressing the matter this way. He was rude and unprofessional. I did tell our kids to calm down and soon after put them to bed. The air conditioner in my option was about a month away from giving up. The next morning when we went to check out the lady was very nice and apologetic for the guys attitude. I never post reviews about hotels but my husband requested I do it this time. Overall, this hotel needs a major facelift and some new staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Nashville, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Kisha1022,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We do apologize for any issue's you may have had with your check in process or with the hallways and your guest room. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I'm not a particular person especially with a stay away from home because I don't expect to be as comfortable as, well, home. But I was disappointed in the hotel. Holes in sheets, stains on shower, and lobby was shabby and old. Very outdated property. Location was good. Right across from Gaylord Opryland Hotel so was good to be near the atrium. Staff was very helpful and pleasant though. But still would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
countryinnopryland, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Nashville, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
I apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.
Sammamish, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Stayed 3 nights here in January. The whole area is pretty dead while we were there, probably because there's not much going on at nearby Grand Ole Opry.

The room itself is pretty average, not great, and not bad. The A/C is kind of loud, and it comes on frequently. The walls are thin, so I could hear neighbor's TV. The breakfast is good, but selection isn't great.

The worst part is the Internet. It's so painfully slow that I gave up and started to use neighbor hotels' internet.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Nashville, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear palladia,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We really appreciate all of your feedback about the hotel. Your feedback Is very important to us. We are glad that you brought your concerns about the hotel to us. We are sorry if you were inconvenienced. We use guest feedback to make changes to the hotel to make it better. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Desk staff was excellent, friendly and informative. As we opened the door to our room, that great impression was changed forever. The room smelled like it had been bathed in air refresher. The beds slagged in the center. This was only a rest stop for us so we did not complaint. We wanted a good night slept before continuing our journey to Dallas. The bathroom was very cramped, the hot breakfast was consistent with lower rated hotels --an assortment of breads, bagels, etc. Since the bed was soft, sagging, with springs poking, we awaken feeling more tired than when we arrived. This stay has lowered our expectations from Country Inn and Suites

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
countryinnopryland, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Nashville, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

I apologize if your stay with us was not up to your expectations. We do use air freshener in our rooms but I will certainly advise our housekeeping staff not to over-do it with the fragrance from now on. In regards to your comments regarding the breakfast, I must disagree with you about our breakfast being in the same league with "lower rated hotels." We provide several different menus for our guests and we have received very favorable feedback in regards to it. I invite you to visit us again in the future to give us another opportunity to provide you with a great lodging experience.
Marietta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

When my wife and I arrived late at night (around 11 PM), the front desk attendant was engrossed in a television show in the breakfast room. After about 30 seconds, she laughed at something (presumably on the television), and then managed to pry herself away long enough to assist us with our check-in. While the lobby was nice, it was already clear that this was a dated hotel. After gathering our belongings, we headed up to our room. Talk about disappointing! The room had some updates, but was mostly aged in both decor and furnishings. The bed was very uncomfortable. It took some time to find a position in which I could sleep. My wife had difficulty sleeping as well.

Conversely, it was nice to have a microwave and refrigerator in our room. The bathroom was updated and clean. The linens were worn, but clean. The HVAC unit was typical of older hotels, with no thermostat on the wall - just knobs on the unit itself. However, it did work well and was sufficient to keep the room comfortable.

The complimentary breakfast was nice, and exactly what we've come to expect from Country Inn & Suites. There were different selections every morning, and a waffle iron. While certainly not a gourmet breakfast (it is complimentary, after all), it was tasty and satisfying. It is definitely nice to be able to eat a quick breakfast before heading out for the day.

The check-out process was simple, but unaccommodating. We requested a late check-out late on the evening before our departure. The front desk attendant replied that such requests could not be considered until 7AM the following morning. Now, this was frustrating considering that we were hoping to sleep in after a late evening. Instead, I was forced to set my alarm just to find out if I could have a late check-out. After being told that 1 hour was all that could be granted, I was not happy. While it is gracious to allow any extra time, I would rather have just slept than wake up early to make such a request.

Overall, this property was average. In my opinion, it has been the least impressive of all of the Country Inns that I've ever stayed at, but still beats most other non-Carlson brands.

Room Tip: The third floor is quiet, and despite a loud elevator and loud ice-maker, the rooms are sound-proofe...