“Very good. Order online before you go.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #135 of 1,631 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Nashville, Tennessee
“Very good. Order online before you go.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I've eaten here a couple times in the last month and the food is what is promises.
Things are hot here. Expect hot. Order mild if you aren't sure. It's less of a shack than Bolton's that is somewhere nearby, and Bolton's is such a 'hole in the wall' that it has atmosphere and this place really doesn't, but seating and parking are limited the same way once lunch gets in full swing so get there early or order by phone or online. Our lunch crew at work has ordered on line and we get there and go to the front of the long line of people waiting and get our orders. I ordered mild the first time and had decided I never want to try their really hot because mild was getting my attention. Then me and the guy next to me figured out we had each others orders and he had ordered 'hot'. The 'Tenders Royal' are great; it's the regular strips and sides but with a grilled cheese type bread underneath that soaks up all the flavor that is dripping off! Everyone I've gone with has liked the food and experience, even the guys leaving there with tears in their eyes and sweat pouring off of them!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Carmel, Indiana
“Good and hot chicken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was my first hot chicken experience and a local friend took me for takeout. Call ahead so it waiting on you and avoid the wait. I had the tender royale with boneless strips of chicken covered in their special recipe of spices. This was place on top of some thick slabs of cheese which was breaded and crispy deep fried. The mild was plenty hot for me and I thouroughly enjoyed both. My second friend wanted to bring the pain and ordered hot coating on this half of a chicken. They warned him but he did it anyway and he almost could not eat it. I cannot believe the sell even hotter spice food. Good, fun food and I go again. Very humble location with a few picnic tables for dining so I'd recommend take it to go.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hendersonville, Tennessee
“Hot chicken lovers paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Best kept secret in the South...there are hot chicken shacks all over Nashville, but when you call, your Id name pops up and its nice to hear the Voice say "hey Ron" want the usual! Portions are just great, Beans and potato salad are a must. Be careful on your first time order and start out with "MILD" and work your way up to hotter and better. The owner is behind the window and these guys have got their act together. Try it and your Hooked at least once a week.... I live in Hendersonville and call my order in and by the time I get there its ready for my pleasure!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great chicken,Chicken and waffles,or waffles with chicken strips covered in hot apples”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I love this place its like cheers they always know your name,The foods always hot the service is great and i try to go at least once a week or every other week excellent food i recommend trying it out if you in the city of Nashville,Tn 5stars

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Missouri
“I should have listened to the cook!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

When the employee at Pepperfire told me that the famous Nashville Hot Chicken heat goes like this....

"Buffalo hot = Nashville mild"

I should have listened. It was so spicy that I couldn't finish it. The sides (french fries and fried okra) were delicious. I only hate that I ran out of ranch too soon.

One more note. I ordered a sweet tea and was hoping to get some brewed on site, not a mass-produced bottle of it. Other than that, no complaints!

Visited March 2013

Been to Pepperfire? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Pepperfire, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.