“Great chicken,Chicken and waffles,or waffles with chicken strips covered in hot apples” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pepperfire

Improve this listing
Ranked #144 of 1,762 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I love this place its like cheers they always know your name,The foods always hot the service is great and i try to go at least once a week or every other week excellent food i recommend trying it out if you in the city of Nashville,Tn 5stars

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Columbia, Missouri
“I should have listened to the cook!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

When the employee at Pepperfire told me that the famous Nashville Hot Chicken heat goes like this....

"Buffalo hot = Nashville mild"

I should have listened. It was so spicy that I couldn't finish it. The sides (french fries and fried okra) were delicious. I only hate that I ran out of ranch too soon.

One more note. I ordered a sweet tea and was hoping to get some brewed on site, not a mass-produced bottle of it. Other than that, no complaints!

Visited March 2013
“Great hot chicken ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We tried Pepperfire after being long time fans of Bolton's Hot Chicken. It was good service and portion size was great.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Hot Chicken Fans Won't be Disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I've known about Pepperfire for awhile and live nearby, but it is difficult to find and when I did see it I was on my way to work. Finally tried what in some ways was a pleasant surprise.

I'll answer the obvious question first: How does it compare to Prince's? Several things are common between them- a long wait, not much atmosphere, ordering at a small window and great hot chicken. But the experience is totally different.

At Prince's you stand in line for service and are tolerated by staff. Then you wait in a small crowded room for your order. At Pepperfire, there was no line and staff seemed glad to see me. At first I thought the hospitality was motivated by the lack of a line but they are busy enough-most everyone seems to order in advance, pop in, and take their order with them. A good plan, as the wait is about twenty minutes. The cashier gave me a card with a call-in number and I plan to use it in the future.

I ordered a medium breast sandwich as I would at Prince's and the chicken had plenty of heat. Also plenty of moist fresh meat cooked perfectly. The flavoring is different from Prince's but achieves the same result. I ate at the picnic tables and on a nice day this works just fine.

The small facility is surrounded by minimal parking. For those as geographically challenged as i am, they are located on Gallatin Road just south of Trinity Lane on the west side of the road. Look carefully as it is a repurposed fast food hut and easy to miss. Recommended highly for all hot chicken fans. I plan on trying the wings on a future visit-and calling ahead.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hendersonville, Tennessee
“hot chicken at its best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

In the last several years ther have been a dozen hot chicken places open up, but trust the man that takes "Nexium" every morning, I have tried them all and Pepperfire has an unique flavor and the chicken is fresh and not dried out. I drive from Hendersonville (20 minutes) and always call in my order and by the time I walk up to the window its ready to go. The chicken tenders are a must and they come in two size orders. If your really craving chicken that comes from extra mild to extra hot, this is the place to go. Four picnic tables and a "porch" like setting, do not expect linen covered tables, but suits and ties or bikers wear you will see it all and the smil;es on their faces as they eat the best hot chicken in Nashville.

• Visited October 2012