“Great breakfast in a cute neighborhood spot” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Chicago, Illinois
“Great breakfast in a cute neighborhood spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This place cute and tiny (10 tables). The wait can be long on weekends. I had Em's Bowl which combines my favorite breakfast foods- biscuit, gravy, eggs and cheese. I also had the Nutella latte which was great! Our waitress was very friendly and everything came out great. I would return here again the next time I'm in Nashville.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Nashville, Tennessee
“Decent East Nashville Find but We Waited Too Long to Be Seated!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

After church we decided to venture to East Nashville because of its reputation for its Eclectic Vibe and Great Restaurants. I had BOGO coupon. I ordered the monster grilled chicken sandwich which burst out after one bite. It was flavorful, but there was too much bun and other stuff. It was very messy and too challenging to eat. My husband really enjoyed his breakfast and I wished I ordered breakfast too. By the looks of the other patrons orders, I should have choose the pancakes or stuffed french toast. On the positive, the coffee was amazing. My only recommendation is to not go there at noon. We waited an hour outside in the cold, The walk through the residential neighborhood helped some but the wait was too long.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Excellent local cafe! Great food, coffee and people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We found Sky Blue Cafe on a recent trip to Nashville. We like to get out of the tourist areas and live like a local when we are there. Sky Blue Cafe is a small cafe in an East Nashville residential neighborhood. We first went for a soy latte and it was wonderful. We found out they serve food so we went back for breakfast the next day. It was amazing! They also have music and dinner. We will be sure to try that out next time we are in town.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“East Nashville Find !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Quaint restaurant in "up and coming" neighborhood. This place is very small holding less than 35 diners.There is very little room to wait for a table so they suggest you wait in your car (bad weather) and they will call you when a table is available. Several outdoor sidewalk tables are added when Spring arrives. Our party of five enjoyed Sunday brunch.The breakfast menu was outstanding with traditional offering prepared with that extra flair that makes dining such a satisfying experience when someone "gets it right". Lovely french toast that could be stuffed with bananas and nutella, PBJ or served plain, healthy parfaits, omelets, pancakes and sandwiches. My favorite was Em's Bowl---a biscuit topped with two eggs, home fries, sausage, cheese and gravy. As an additional treat, the creator of this dish (EMily) came out of the kitchen and introduced herself to our table!!

There is a sign in the window proclaiming the restaurant has appeared in an episode of the TV show Nashville. On my next trip back, dinner at Sky Blue Cafe will be on the itinerary as the menu looked great .There is also live music on most evenings.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice quaint place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I ordered a omelet that had chili on it and it was pretty good. The potatoes that came with it was good also. This place is a cute quaint eatery. It took a while for us to get our food. Menu is vast.

• 4 of 5 stars Food