“Near the airport and Music Valley” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
durham, nc
“Near the airport and Music Valley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Pros:
Location near airport and Music Valley, amenities, breakfast.
Cons:
Cooling/heating unit was a little noisy.
Tip:
Odd numbered rooms face the rear of the property and are quieter, ask for a room away from the elevator.

With a location a few minutes from the airport and Music Valley this hotel makes for an ideal home away from home to explore Nashville. Downtown is about 10-15 minutes away. The property is well maintained, features indoor corridors, elevators, and rooms come equipped with a two-burner stove-top, microwave, and refrigerator/freezer. Some basic items are available in the lobby but a Kroger supermarket is just 3 minutes away. It is entirely possible to cook in this room. The king bed was very comfortable and the room came with a pullout sofa/bed.

Other amenities include a work desk with a pullout table for dining. wifi, coffeemaker, television, etc. Only one office chair is supplied, so two people would have to ask for another chair for dining in the room.

Check-in was efficient and friendly. A daily continental breakfast is available. The breakfast includes hard boiled eggs and/or biscuits with sausage. The breakfast also offers the usual variety of cold items and a microwave.

The property is very well maintained but we did have some minor problems. The coffeemaker did not work but the staff replaced it quickly. The cooling/heating unit maintained a comfortable temperature but the fan was a little noisy; we got used to it. One morning breakfast was out of eggs and biscuits. These are minor negatives and we would definitely return here. Four stars overall.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face the rear of the property and are quieter. Ask for a room away from the eleva...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Leah B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Hello! What great tips you provided for our future guests. Thank you! I recently had a guest stay and the first request they had was an odd numbered room to avoid the road noise. I asked her why she requested that and she said because of Trip Advisor. So word of mouth does work! While we don't receive many noise complaints in the couple of years we have been open it's always great to get some tid bits from prior traveleres. I hope to see you again soon.

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

This was a very comfortable and well-maintained hotel. Both the room/suite and common areas were comfortable and clean, with simple but attractive decor. Beds were particularly comfortable. The kitchen in the hotel suite was well-equipped. The maid staff did an especially nice job. Front desk staff were helpful and friendly.

The complimentary breakfast was ok, with simple foods like bagels, muffins, yogurt, cold cereals and such. I noticed a waffle maker, but I saw no other hot foods. On our first morning we came downstairs just a few minutes late for breakfast. Everything was put away, but the front desk clerk offered to grab us a few cereal bars for the road. That was a nice touch.

The only negative I had with the hotel dealt with the airport location. I was pleasantly surprised at first. The room was very quiet. I didn't notice sounds from the hallways, other rooms, or even from the planes coming from the airport. Then, one morning at around 6:30am (or so), the plane traffic became very loud. It woke me up -- the planes flying overhead were constant. It was strange, though. This happened only one of three mornings. Otherwise, we didn't hear the planes at all. We wondered if the wind direction, or something with respect to the weather, changed that morning and caused us to hear the planes. Because we had planned to wake early that morning, it was not really a problem. It might be for a guest who wished to sleep late however.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
What a great review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor about your experience here ath TownePlace Suites. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff and maintenance of the property were up to the Marriott standard we strive to reach everyday. We hope to see you again soon.
New London, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while visiting relatives in Nashville. Our stay cost us nothing, because we were using our Marriott rewards. Our room was spotless, average in size, but well equipped. Specifically, our room contained a refrigerator, microwave oven, stove, cooking utensils, sofa, and desk, as well as a king size bed. There is no restaurant on the hotel property, but there are a few within walking distance. However, there is a free continental breakfast in the lobby. The menu is not extensive, but it is enough to satisfy one's appetite. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful. Furthermore, the hotel offers a free shuttle service to the Nashville Airport, which is less than 2 miles away. Overall, my wife and I were very satisfied with our stay, and we recommend it to anyone staying in the Nashville area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
William S.:

Are you a sales person? Because you just sold me on my own hotel! :) Thank you so much for a great review and taking the time to detail some of our amentities out. The great news that we recently received is that TownePlace Suites as a brand is expanding our breakfast in 2015!!!! Hope to see you again and thank for reviewing us!
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I was greeted with a warm smile and chocolate chip cookies by Chelsy after having a horrible experience at another hotel, the rooms were large, clean, beautiful and affordable, even though I had no reservations she made me feel welcome and accommodated me and my family. I had to return a rental car at the airport and T had the hotels shuttle there on time and the heater was on. Every time I visit my daughter and grand kids this is where I'm staying. The staff is fantastic and the rooms are very nice and affordable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hello there! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us here on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that were able to turn your Nashville experience around and that Chelsea our Guest Service Manager brightened up your day a bit. I hope you enjoyed the cookies! Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.
Dayton, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Upon arrival we noticed the hotel looked relatively new. We got into our room and noticed it's really no bigger than any other hotel room but it has a fridge and freezer, dish washer, stove top, disposal, and all the other amenities you'd be used to at a nice hotel. The room and bathroom were very clean and had no adverse odors. A/C unit wasn't very loud at all. Wifi was free but insecure.

My only complaint was the poor breakfast. There was yogurt, dry cereal, oatmeal, muffins, green bananas, and waffles. I was really kind of hoping for some eggs or hot biscuits. On a weekend there was quite a line for waffles. It just wasn't up to the standard of what you would find at a Fairfield Inn or some place like that.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Leah B, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hello there!
Thank you for giving us some great feedback and scoring us so generously. You spoke so well of our rooms and Ill tell you the housekeeping staff started there day with a smile after reading your comment. I hope we can make a permanent guest out of you whenever you visit the Music city. The TownePlace Suites Family and I want to thank you again for your business and for your loyalty to Marriott.
Loretto, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

While the dećore is cute, and the staff are friendly I didn't really enjoy my stay. The best thing about the suite was it was that the bedroom was in a room by itself, that way I could stay up watching TV without disturbing my parents. The bad; the heating/air didn't work. As a previous review stated the temp kept on climbing despite being on a lower setting & the controls in the 'living room' died. We finally turned the unit off and it wasn't too bad. The worst was the sofa bed, it was SO hard it was uncomfortable to sleep. I would suggest softer sheets & maybe a mattress topper? Also the paneling on the microwave was curled up and could have easily cut someone, we reported that earlier in the night, but the staff didn't do anything about it; we even mentioned it at checkout and the lady was like 'I know'. So while the layout was nice I might try somewhere else.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hello, I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I want to apologies for your thermostat not controlling the unit correctly. With our temperatures continuously going up and down here in Nashville we have tried keeping a close eye on maintaining all of our units. We will be sure to take a look at that specific unit as well as that ridged edge in your microwave. We take such pride in our hotel and in the comfort of our guest. I hope the next time you visit the Music city you might try us again but this time stay in our Two bedroom Suite instead of the One Bedroom Suite. I can insure you that this setup will leave you much happier. Thank you again for your scores and for taking the time to give us your feedback, the TownePlace Suites family appreciates your business.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

On our way to Florida, we stopped in late December to stay the night as Nashville is the midway point. We booked our reservations both ways months ago.

Last year, I wrote a fantastic review. We were really happy with our stay. We bring our dog with us, so we always look for a pet friendly hotel. We reserved a package that included the pet fee, dog toys, treats and a bowl for our puppy.

First, when we checked in, I was told the hotel no longer did this package and the person checking me in said she didn't get the memo the hotel was still doing this. I proceeded to show her my rate details on my phone. It was a little concerning to us, because we had left our dog food bowl at home...we had a water dish...and of course could use the bowl in the room, but we don't like to do that. The person helping us said she would bring a bowl, toys, etc. right up to us. It didn't happen. We waited for hours...and we made 3 calls before the bowl was brought up and we could feed our dog. It was frustrating...but nothing to call or write a complaint about. The night was tough for me...the room had clearly had cats in it previously and not cleaned thoroughly. In 12 hours, I ended up taking 6 Bendryl to stop by allergeis from bothering me. Again, it's part of staying at hotels that accept pets.

I thought this was the end of the issues, but then I got my bill that had a pet fee charge. I called the front desk in that we were trying to get an early start the next day for the remaining trip to Florida. The person I talked with was unhelpful and told me the fee still applied. I tried to reason with her and share with her the regular rate for our room was $179...and the package accounted for the pet fee. I offered to show her what was on the Marriott site...and she was unhelpful and said I could wait for her manager. I asked her to call the manager since I was checking out...and after a lot of pushing she did this.

The manager was apologetic for the issues we encountered...and assured me we would not encounter these issues if we stayed the following week. I was reluctant at this point because I already paid over $200 for this room...paid the highest price even though i was a Marriott Platinum member and was entitled to have a free upgrade of room...and rooms were available. I didn't need the hassles of paying a premium for an airport hotel when I could stay at a hotel at a fraction of the cost that accepted dogs. She assured me we would have a problem and as a good will gesture offered to give me some points for the inconveniene. I accepted her apology and decided to give the hotel anothe try since we had good experiences previously.

On a positive note, since I had been taking so many allergy pills, I left my wedding at the hotel and called. The manager retrieved the band and called me and told me she would hold it for me...this is why I'm giving the hotel 2 stars instead of 1.

We returned the following week, checked in and our room was much cleaner. The items for our dog weren't there...because the manager had not gone shopping yet. (I just assumed they would have had them there)...but it was not worth the hassle so I told her to forget about it. I did mention to her, however, the points she had promised had yet been credited to my account. She seemed surprised and said she would take care of it immediately and follow-up with me.

Two weeks after I was promised the points, they are not credited to my account. No follow-up as promised. And when I called yesterday to ask about it...and left a message, no return call. So, I was duped. I gave the hotel another chance and they failed. I didn't ask for the points...but I was asked to give them another chance. They failed. I'm very disappointed in the manager's (Chelsea's) ack of follow-through. Don't promise what you cannot deliver on. Regardless of whether I'm a Platiinum member or not, I expect the decency of keeping commitments.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Leah B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Judy3720-

I want to thank you for taking so much of your time to let us know what your stay was like while you were in Nashville. Obviously this type of rating or review is not what we are accustomed to here at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Nashville Airport and we do not take this rating lightly. After reading your review I can understand how frustrating this could be and want to tell you that the service you received is unacceptable. I apologize for the issues you encountered and want you to know that I will get to the bottom of this.

We did have a pet package back in the summer which is when you apparently booked your reservations, since then we did delete the package due to the lack of interest we received from it. I apologize for the oversight in this matter and assure you that I will be discussing this with my Guest Service manager and her team to be sure we have items still on hand for any future reservations that may still be coming through with this package.

I would like to look into the marriott rewards that were purchased for you if you have still not received them? Please email or call me as soon as you can so that we can discuss this matter further. tpsnashville@lbaproperties.com or 615-232-3830.

Thank you again and my personal apologies,

Leah Blackmore

Been to TownePlace Suites Nashville Airport? Share your experiences!