“Excellent food, very relaxed, great price” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Chattanooga, TN
“Excellent food, very relaxed, great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The place is small and packed, but the service is fast. We had four tacos (spicy molida, pork, tilapia, quinoa/sweet potato), black beans and plantains, agua fresca (pineapple cilantro), and bottled water -- $20 total. Line seemed long but moved quickly and after we ordered at counter and grabbed a seat, the food was ready within 5 minutes. Very tasty, bus your own table, enjoy!

Elon College, North Carolina
“Scary on the Outside...Delicious on the Inside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We were visiting Nashville for our family reunion. I took my kids and my in-laws here because it was the #5 ranked restaurant in Nashville and the 1st Mexican place on the list. We drove up and my family was like, "uhm...no." I told them that there is no way it would be ranked so highly on TA if it weren't a great place to go.

This is a very, very small place with outdoor seating - and a few inside. You order at the counter all the tacos are $3 each. I had one Fried Avocado and one Pulled Pork. They were delicious - but my father-in-law got the Chicken and it was super. They were sold out of cactus-chorizo so my husband was very disappointed.

My kids HATED THIS PLACE. The beef taco is cooked with jalapenos and other spicy things, so they didn't have a good experience. Plus, no chips. Would love loved some chips and salsa!

We had the corn and it was AWESOME!!

I didn't see any beer - but I think some folks had brown-bagged their own out there on the porch.

I don't recommend taking the little ones.

I would go back in heartbeat and get MAS TACOS!!!

Visited July 2014
Madisonville, Kentucky
“Can't wait to go back!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Read all the great reviews and also saw on Diner's Drive-Ins and Dives. Went on a Wednesday which is Tamale Day. They were incredible. Also had the Avocado Taco and Pork Taco, which were also delicious. Waited in line for about 10 minutes at lunch but after placing my order, it only took a couple of minutes to get my food. Very small inside but outside seating is also available. Will definitely return when in the Nashville area.

• Visited July 2014
Bryant, Arkansas
“MAS TACOS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Fresh, authentic Mexican food! The pork tacos were out of this world. Had never had Elote but oh my! Also, had the fried plantain. Went with friends and we all agreed this was the best meal of the weekend trip.

• Visited June 2014
Bakersfield, California
“Muey delicioso”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We are vacationing in the Nashville area for ten days and I asked a local friend for a list of "must-eat" places in Nashville, and this was one of her suggestions. So glad we made it one of our first stops! It was a very muggy day when we came here, and we were less than thrilled to find a crowded, cramped, stuffy room to eat in. My husband found a table and sat with the kids and I ordered. Three pork tacos (one with just cheese for my son), one fish taco, one chicken taco, spicy grilled corn, pineapple cilantro aqua frescos, and plantains. The food came quickly and was hot and plated nicely (as nicely as it can be in a paper tray... but it wasn't slopped all over and messy thankfully). I was expecting street tacos like we have in California, but these were GOOD SIZED tacos, filled with an incredible amount of meat. My six year old (who is a very picky eater) kept saying how delicious the pork was. I agreed. It was fantastic! Very moist and flavorful. I preferred the pork to the fish and would probably get two pork if we come again. My husband preferred the chicken to the pork (and he never likes chicken in a restaurant, so it must have been delicious). The plantains were divine, but could have used some more of the cream they drizzle on it. The corn was good, but I wouldn't get it again. I am not a fan of the cheese on it, but I'm glad I tried it at least once. This place is CASH only. It isn't cheap, but it was fun to try and it truly was some of the best tasting meat I've ever had in a restaurant. When we were done we drove just about 5 minutes down the road and had Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream for dessert!

• Visited June 2014