“Nashville Reunion Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Nashville Reunion Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed here on August 1st-3rd. I must admit, I was put off by the picture of the moldy toast from another reviewer, but we booked with hotwire and this was the hotel we were given. My family was pleasantly surprised to see that the food was fresh and plentiful, guest services were excellent, and our room was huge and immaculate. No bad smells, clean, no bugs. Our little guy had his own area to watch t.v. and play, which was AWESOME (that deserves five stars all by itself). We didn't have to fight over what to watch on t.v. Whatever issues this hotel had in the recent past, they have done a great job in correcting any issues. A big thing with us is customer service and of course, snacks on the counter at check-in always helps with this (They had cookies, fruit). Only negative-- is if the kitchen staff can make the waffle batter a little thicker, please. It seemed watered down, (but not a biggy). All of the food was fresh and tasted like it was supposed to taste. We will stay here, again, when we are in the area. Thanks for giving us great accommodations!!! Keep up the good work. Most of our relatives stayed at a "so-called" five- star hotel and didn't have quite the wonderful experience we had here at Country Inn and Suites and we made sure to mention that fact. Just because you're paying more money doesn't mean your experience will be all that spectacular and this hotel showed and proved that to us on this trip. Thanks guys!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Horseheads, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We often stay in the Country Inn and Suites when we travel. Since we were already on the road and were going to make an unexpected stop, I used the hotels.com service. What a mistake! The hotel was what we expected, however I will never use that service again. When we arrived, we found out that I could have gotten a better rate if I had called the hotel direct. So, I called hotels.com to use their Price Match guarantee. What a sham! They said I would have had to call them by midnight the night before our arrival. DUH! I wouldn't have known their price.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I travel constantly I have never stayed at a hotel so rude . The management at this hotel doesn't know how to run a hotel he was rude I asked to speak to General manager he said he couldn't speak English. Don't stay here all they want is your money don't care about you . Hotel smells of all kind of spices can turn your stomach after a while. Not professional at all.

• Stayed July 2013
TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed overnight due to a delayed flight. The place is run down and dirty. We had a roach in our room, the hallways smelled strongly of garlic and furniture was worn. The lady at the front desk was defensive when I inquired about transportation to the airport - she was unprofessional and rude. I konw it's a Southern thing - but I really hate being called "Honey" and "Babe," especially after I was spoken to so rudely just 30 minutes prior. I noticed she did this when other staff were around. I couldn't get out of this place fast enough.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites Nashville Airport East, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Sddchatt,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We sincerely apologize for your impression of our facility and that you found a member of our staff to be rude. We will make sure to share this with our management team so we can ensure all necessary action is taken. We appreciate your honest feedback in regards to your stay.
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My travel agent mistakenly booked me into this hotel instead of the one closer to the airport. I called to see if they could switch the reservation. They refused! So I went to stay at Percy only to find that the room wasn't ready at 4PM! And the woman at the desk didn't know how to check people in!

• Stayed June 2013
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites Nashville Airport East, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear William,

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. We apologize that we were unable to switch your reservation and if you ran into some problems during check in. We appreciate you taking the time to send us this feedback so we can ensure this does not continue to happen.
Bloomington, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

A few of my friends and I stayed in Nashville for a few days before heading to Bonnaroo. All of the staff was very friendly. We're not from the area (Minnesota) and they made us feel very welcome for the few days we were there. Any questions we had, they answered politely and any they couldn't really answer, they pointed us in the right direction. The room was clean and a lot bigger than I was expecting. Breakfast wasn't overcrowded in the morning, which was nice. I used points for my stay, and I feel like they treated us well, even though we technically weren't paying for our room. Only about 10 minutes from downtown Nashville, depending on traffic. There are also a lot of places to eat and a small strip mall within easy walking distance. I will definitely stay here again when I return to the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Urbana, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Due to a cancelled flight, we stayed at this hotel and found it to be comfortable, clean, cozy beds, and super accessible to the airport. Breakfast was better than average, coffee was very good, but clearly the best was the management staff who made us feel welcome despite our travel woes. Rose at the front desk was BEYOND helpful (and UPS was NOT) when we realized we had left our DVD charger in the room. She took care of us without complaint. Thanks Rose and front office staff for the assistance!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Nashville Airport East? Share your experiences!