“Rocky Start” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge - Nashville, TN

You added Travelodge - Nashville, TN to your Saves list
Travelodge - Nashville, TN
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   95 Wallace Rd, Nashville, TN 37211 (Formerly Motel 6 Nashville South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #102 of 149 Hotels in Nashville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Maids didn't leave any towels and you can't predict when they'll service the room. We came back one day at 3:30PM and they were just starting to clean the room. We went to the lobby to wait (95 degrees outside) but the lobby was locked with no note indicating when they would return. We checked back 20 minutes later and the lobby was still locked. The breakfast cereal dispenser was broken, and most of the food was gone before 8:00AM with no refills coming. The toilet ran continuously, the shower nozzle can't be adjusted below face level, the shower curtain left a gap so it was hard to keep water in the shower and the TV cabinet door hinges are broken, so the doors hang out into the entryway by the door. The window curtain couldn't be pulled all the way across the window and there was about 6" of exposed window when the curtain was closed. I had to unhook one end so I could manually guarantee some privacy. There was broken glass in the parking lot that they didn't bother to sweep up. We needed to use the coin laundry but they don't sell detergent, so we had to find a store and buy way more than we needed. The desk clerk acted annoyed when I asked for change for the laundry and we had to ask how much the washing machines cost since there nothing to indicate how many quarters were needed. Wi-Fi was intermittent at times.

The neighborhood is scary and there are obviously a lot of locals/transients living at the hotel. I wouldn't feel safe walking in the area around the hotel.

The bed itself wasn't bad, but the pillows were terrible (way too soft). I woke up with a sore back/neck every morning. About the only good thing to say is that it is only a 10-12 minute drive to downtown Nashville. However, to get to the freeway, you have to turn onto a road that is incredibly busy with cars going way over the speed limit, so it can take a while to safely get going.

Spend a few bucks more and stay somewhere else. This hotel needs major renovation and most of the staff should be replaced (exception: there was one female clerk in the afternoons who was pleasant and tried to be helpful). We stayed here because our experience with Travelodge has generally been good. I guess we've been lucky and I'll probably avoid Travelodge in the future after seeing this hotel. I would expect the corporate folks to demand a higher level of consistency for hotels with their name on it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Arizona City, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I paid 55 dollars plus tax for a room in this motel and was pleasantly surprised. The room was nice and clean. mattress was very comfortable,free wifi and breakfast provided.motel is located right off the interstate, very close to the airport and downtown nashville. I think I would feel ashamed of myself if I complaint. Cant beat the price. I cant afford hilton anyways.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Travelodge - Nashville, TN? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge - Nashville, TN

Address: 95 Wallace Rd, Nashville, TN 37211 (Formerly Motel 6 Nashville South)
Location: United States > Tennessee > Nashville
Business Center with Internet Access Swimming Pool
Ranked #102 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge - Nashville, TN 2*
Travelodge motel Nashville tn ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Travelodge - Nashville, TN reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Motel 6 Nashville South Hotel Nashville

If you own or manage Travelodge - Nashville, TN, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.