“An adventure in gastronomy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Catbird Seat

The Catbird Seat
1711 Division Street, Nashville, TN 37203 (Haynes Area)
615.248.8458
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Haynes Area
Detroit
“An adventure in gastronomy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

An adventure from start to finish... all servers were personable, took time to explain not only what you were eating but the incredibly laborious and inventive process' involved. 12 course meal, small plates, I'd say 50% were fabulous, 30% were very good and 20% I did not care for. Ended with burned toast cotton candy - what more is there to say??? Did the "low end" beverage paring which was perfect, ended up costing almost $500 for two. Worth it!

• Visited July 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Nashville is SO lucky to have a place like The Catbird Seat. My meal was insane and fun. The setup is a U shaped table that seats I believe 16 or so. Every dish was incredible. Chef Trevor Moran came from 5 years at NOMA...need I say more

Visited June 2014
“Just like watching Food Network”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Everything about this experience (and it IS an experience), was absolutely amazing. We did the wine pairing and I swear it was the best wine pairing I have ever experienced. We had a romantic dinner there- you are not over full but completely satisfied. If you can get in, I suggest going at least once; especially if you are a foodie.

Napa
“What you would expect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This place combines fine dining with a personal touch. You have to come here with an open mind. You don't know what you are going to eat, nor do you get a choice and you WILL be amazed. I tried some things ( pig tail) that I would never have tried and it was mind blowing. How you can turn something so......interesting into a wonderful dish is amazing. The setup is lovely (U shaped seating with cooking in the middle of the U). The people are friendly, the drinks are a must. Even if you do the basic pairing it is a wonderful addition to your meal. There is really not much more to say that hasn't been said but you should certainly go if you can get in!!!

• Visited May 2014
Rhode Island
“Best Dining Experience Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Finally got reservations to this special place! Well worth all of the attempts! Look forward to returning. My daughter and I are not adventurous eaters, but opened our minds and palates to a wonderful variety of perfectly prepared and presented foods and beverages! The chefs not only prepare , but "serve" each dish with an explanation of what it is. We chose the basic beverage pairings, and found it perfect and our sommelier was wonderful explaining to we novices each pairing. In all there were 13 dishes, perfectly sized so this experience lasted a little over three and one half hours! A true dining pleasure. We cabbed there and decided to walk home. Neither of us would have been comfortable driving! All of the Chefs were fantastic, our hearts won by the head chef from Ireland, who made time for pictures along with conversation, which made you feel like "old friends" well worth the wait and the price! A ten star event. We will try to return again! If you are unwilling to adventure in foods and beverages, this is not the place for you, if you are you will have a heavenly, exciting evening!

• Visited June 2014