“Pizza Craving” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #124 of 1,727 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Italian
Description: The best, authentic New York City pizza in Nashville. New... nearly a year old.
“Pizza Craving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

The meat pizza is stacked with a herd of livestock and the garlic chicken was an excellent blend. The patio was nice with a breeze. Overall very glad I chose NY Pie to soothe my pizza cravings.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“NY Pie is Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Yes, the store is a bit small, but if it's way too crowded for you, get it to go and take it to the picnic shelter at tiny but historic H.G Hill Park ( 6734 Charlotte Pike, Nashville 37209 , for you GPSers) which is nearby and the safest park in Nashville (near a police station and cops hang out there). NY Pie is in a strip mall, but it's a nice, well-decorated restaurant with outdoor seating, too; not just a place that looks like a temporary holding cell. It's clean and the staff could not be friendlier or more genuine. They learn your name and use it to address you - what a concept! They make you feel like it's your buddy's pizzeria, and you are the most important customer of the day. The owner, Greg, is personable, attentive, and conscientious of his shop. I think he probably lives there.
The sauce has that je ne sais quoi (French expression meaning "I don't know what") that my Sicilian grandmother's sauce had. When I make sauce it lacks this flavor, maybe it is actually from simmering it overnight? The crust, which has a perfect, yeasty taste, is hand-tossed in easy view of patrons, which makes the ~10 minute wait more tolerable for the kids. The toppings are great quality and well-proportioned.
Cokes are on tap (free refills), slices are huge and ready for a quick trip through the oven for a quick lunch. Desserts (tiramisu, cannoli, and choco-chip cookies) are so good my kids wouldn't share, a first! ;^(
Please open a NY Pie in Hendersonville, Greg! =)

• Visited April 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“If You Are From New Haven-READ THIS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We relocated here from the New Haven area and when we go home we bring back "half baked" pies to bring home to Nashville because they just never had the right kind here.....until NOW. NY Pie has the bubbly crust!!!!! We are so happy! Many who are used to the "Southern Style" may not quite "get all the hoopla" all the rest of us are on about, but if you're from the Northeast, these babies are the REAL DEAL! Maybe, just maybe, one day we may see a white pizza??? (hint hint) :) Thank you NY Pie! Thank you! Robin

• Visited May 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“BEST PIZZA IN NASHVILLE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

NY is the best pizza in Nashville by a LONG shot! My husband and I are pizza lovers & have made trips to NYC, Chicago, and several other states just to try the pizza! NY Pie is the closest thing to authentic NYC pizza (think Ray's Original Pizza right outside of Times Square) I've found ANYWHERE! The crust is perfect, the sauce is AMAZING (they use imported tomatoes), and they don't skimp on the toppings! The resturant used a fired oven & every pizza comes out perfectly (they have real pizza artisans working here).

You can get your pizza by the pie -OR- the slice, but no matter what you get, you can't go wrong here! The food is priced well; my husband and I usually get an 18' (LARGE) pepperoni pizza for $16-! The pizza is so big you're going to have plenty to take home!

The only complaint I have is that the restuarant is VERY small and doesn't have a lot of seating (it's better in the summer when you can sit ourside on the patio), but it's definately a challenge to eat here if there is more than 4 people in your party. I wish they'd open a second, bigger location!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indian Mound, Tennessee
“O...M...G...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband is from NJ, and we lived there for more than 20 years. NY/NJ is the land of pizza...where you can trust that your pie will be thin crusted and so delicious that you can't believe what you are eating...and since leaving there in 2001, unless we have been back in that area, we are always disappointed with our pizza. Until this past weekend, when we stumbled upon Mike and his pie.....OMG.....I cannot believe how good the pizza is. And the garlic knots. And the cannoli...oh the cannoli! We had already eaten lunch and then saw NY Pie...decided to drop in and discovered they sell slices. So we got a slice, a half dozen garlic knots, and a couple of cannoli. Ridiculous...unbelievable...perfect...and that was AFTER we had already eaten. I cannot wait to go back when I am hungry! Be prepared to wait, the place is packed and there is little seating. It's all worth the wait, though. Great food, Mike!

• Visited January 2013