“Excellent ice cream sandwich and ice cream!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 33 Ice Cream in Nashville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: We decided to open our first full-size scoop shop in Nashville in June, 2011 in the East Nashville neighborhood for many reasons, but mainly because the place reminded us so much of our scrappy roots. East Nashville, home to cyclists and pedestrians, families and urban farmers, artists and musicians of all stripes, and do-it-yourself bar and restaurant owners, is one of our favorites places in the country. Since we've been in East Nashville, we've been able to cultivate partnerships with folks such as Don Henry, who grows strawberries for us to make the perennial favorite Roasted Strawberry Buttermilk, as well as the good people at Yazoo Brewing Company, who supplies Yazoo Sue porter for the year-round ice cream Yazoo Sue with Rosemary Bar Nuts. There's a fantastic creative community and overall vibe throughout Nashville-especially in East Nashville.
Whippany, New Jersey
“Excellent ice cream sandwich and ice cream!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

This ice cream shop is outside of the downtown area. We took a cab to get there. The ice cream was worth the trip. There are flavors I have never seen before and they have a huge variety of different ice creams and ice cream sandwiches on homemade cookies. If you are open to trying new and different flavors this is the place for you. They also have the everyday flavors for the less adventurous people in your group. My son loved the chocolate chip mint.

Jonesborough
“Excellent and intriguing flavors; friendly atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

After having lunch we wanted a little more so typed in Ice Cream to our GPS and up came Jeni's within a couple of miles so off we go. It was difficult to find a parking spot in their lot so we parked across the street and walked into the clean and spacious area. We each got a small sundae ($7) with choice of two scoops of ice cream (so many amazingly different ones to choose from), a sauce (hot fudge, butterscotch, or caramel), a topping (donut pieces, salty pretzel type of bites, sprinkles) and as many accoutrements as you like (I got a waffle cone wedge). Extremely good. One of the best sundaes I have had in a long time. Yes, a bit pricey, but well worth the indulgence. Friendly servers. They have an outside patio too as well as table seating and "bar" seating. Clean and bright.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sherbrooke, Canada
“Sorbet was delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Came in here because of trip advisor ratings. There was nobody in line and had time to taste different flavours. Most of them were a little too fancy for my liking, but the girl behind the counter was patient and explained the different flavours to me. I starting feeling bad about trying several different kinds, so I just settled on chocolate and strawberry (ok, they had fancier names but I don't remember them). They were really good, but when I tasted the sorbet my mother ordered I couldn't go back to eating the ice cream. The sorbet was the best I had ever had! One of them was pear and it really tasted so light and fresh and was really like eating a pear but even better! The other sorbet flavour was cantaloupe with tea and it was just as delicious. Such a refreshing snack on a hot day.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, TN
“Amazing Ice Cream!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

From the upside down pineapple cake to the sweet cream biscuits & peach jam not to mention the roasted strawberry buttermilk the flavors were amazing. And yes you can have all 3. My wife got goat cheese with cherries and black coffee which were also Amazing!!!

“Yummy. A little Different. And a LOT Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I couldn't wait to check out Jeni's when I was in Nashville recently. The flavors are unique and marvelous and absolutely delicious! Yes, there's a line, but it moves quickly. The service was outstanding! Even with many people in line, there's still time for a sample. You won't be sorry, just go. And enjoy.

• Visited July 2014