“Excellent, flavor-filled ice cream.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1,718 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Dessert
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dessert
Description: We decided to open our first full-size scoop shop in Nashville in June, 2011 in the East Nashville neighborhood for many reasons, but mainly because the place reminded us so much of our scrappy roots. East Nashville, home to cyclists and pedestrians, families and urban farmers, artists and musicians of all stripes, and do-it-yourself bar and restaurant owners, is one of our favorites places in the country. Since we've been in East Nashville, we've been able to cultivate partnerships with folks such as Don Henry, who grows strawberries for us to make the perennial favorite Roasted Strawberry Buttermilk, as well as the good people at Yazoo Brewing Company, who supplies Yazoo Sue porter for the year-round ice cream Yazoo Sue with Rosemary Bar Nuts. There's a fantastic creative community and overall vibe throughout Nashville-especially in East Nashville.
Marietta, Georgia
“Excellent, flavor-filled ice cream.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stopped at Jeni's after lunch on a Friday afternoon.

The prices are a bit high ($4.50 for 2 small scoops, $5.50 for 3), but the quality is amazing.

All of the types that we tried were very flavor-filled. So much so, that I don't know if I could eat more than the 2 small scoops because the flavor is so intense.

One nice thing is that you don't have to get both (or all) of your scoops in the same flavor. So, you get a chance to try different things. I had the Yazoo Sue w/ Rosemary Bar Nuts (yes, the bar nuts are actually coated w/ rosemary) and the salty caramel. My wife had the wild berry lavender & queen city cayenne. Wow...very intense.

I'd love to have a chance to try all of their flavors.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Nashville, TN
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Salted Caramel and Black Coffee!! Spiced Chocolate and Black Coffee!! Whatever you chose, you just can't go wrong with Jeni's - you just can't!!

Visited September 2012
Iowa
“Hands down the BEST ice cream place ever opened!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I admit, I'm addicted to ice cream, frozen yogurt, sorbet and this place does not offer me any help! From traditional flavors like vanilla bean to goat cheese and cherries - Jeni's caters to every tastes alike. I love how they take advantage of seasonal fruits and veggies and put a new twist on them - mixing flavors I never would have thought go together.

A word of warning though - this place is crazy busy during the summer months especially after dinner. I once counted 50 people in line in front of me!! With that said, the ice cream is so good - it's definatly worth the wait. Also, they let you try any of the flavors before you make your final decision.

Visited September 2012
Kreskin2207
“The Best Ice Cream Shop I've Ever Visited”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Alright look, I like ice cream...I actually love ice cream. These kind of ice cream shops, using fresh ingredients and creating inventive flavors (hellloooo green tomato!) are my absolute dream. I'm sorry Creole Creamery in New Orleans, but there's a new king (or is it queen) in town!

The folks at Jeni's are so nice and willing to let you sample as much as you'd like. I hate the places that limit you and look at you like you should know what you want as soon as you read the name. Seriously, come one, if that's the case limit the menu! I opted for two half scoops (a small) of roasted strawberry and the Brown Butter & Almond Brittle. Both were out of this world, but the strawberry might have been the best strawberry I've ever had. Everything we tried was simply amazing and its a very hard thing to choose, but the bottom line is you have to choose to go. If you aren't planning on going to East Nashville, change your plans, its a must. Best part of experiencing Jeni's...I find out they distribute pints to NC...hello weekend shopping trip!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashville, TN
“Great ice cream!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This place has awesome ice cream. The variety is broad and they provide the opportunity for customers to taste different flavors. This is a fun treat for the family.

• Visited August 2012