“Great, central hotel. Homey suite.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #24 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Ohio
“Great, central hotel. Homey suite.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

Nice double suite with 2 beds, closet and tv in one area, with bathroom in front of beds, sink outside of toilet and tub/shower room. Couch, chair, tv in separate area. Desk, ceiling fan and mini kitchenette. Clean room, some stains on carpeting, but nothing huge. Housekeeping nice, had my privacy sign on the door, and the staff left a bagful of towels and toiletries hanging on the door.

Good breakfast variety each day, waffle maker always set up, yogurt, cereals, fruit, juice. Indoor pool with separate sun patio outside. Hot tub wasn't working during my stay:( Really needed that after the first day of driving. Couple computers/printers near front entrance. Small (expensive) store near front desk, plenty of parking surrounding the building. Large hotel area, with restaurants, shops near.

Not too far from airport, but I didn't hear any air traffic. Opryland a few exits up the road, downtown a few exits the opposite direction, and the Hermitage about 10-15 minutes on side roads. Overall very nice first stay at a Springhill Suites. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

This was our first experience with Springhill Suites although I'm a frequent Marriott patron. Our room smelled musty and old. As soon as we opened the door, we were overwhelmed with a very unpleasant odor. Then things went from mediocre to bad. The 'suite' featured a single, very small television (probably 19" or so), which couldn't be viewed from the desk/bar area. The room layout was awkward to say the least and very cramped. The linen had worn places and holes in them. The bed sagged in the middle and the carpet and upholstery were stained. Plus, the walls are so thin that we heard every word of conversations in adjacent rooms. When I picked up the room phone to complain, there was no dial tone, so I walked downstairs where the desk clerk informed me that the entire property had no phone service. No phone service also meant no internet service either. We suffered through a single night and won't ever return.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Humble, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

The room itself was a little small...liked that it had a small area with couch and desk along with microwave/frig area. However, we had 2 double beds and it was a tight squeeze between beds and walk area to "closet area" and bath area. Couldn't use the ironing board and walk to closet area at same time. The tub looked as if it could use a good "scrubbing" on the bottom....dirty looking, but not moldy. Maybe the housekeeping dept needs to be introduced to "Scrubbing Bubbles" or something similar. The bath towels were horrible...thin and rough. However, I did like that the sink area was outside the shower/commode area. The free breakfast was typical free fare...bagels, muffins, etc...but no yougart. On a positive side, the staff was friendly and helpful. If ever back in town, I will probably stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Olympic Peninsula
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

We are a family of 6.... parents and 4 children ages 13 through 4. We always stay at a Springhill Suites (Marriott Hotels in general because we trust them to be clean and nice) if we can because they have rooms with 2 queen beds and a pull out couch. That means we can all stay in one room together.

When we arrived, it was a nice property on the outside and the lobby was pleasantly decorated. The hotel staff was friendly and check-in was easy. We were located on the top floor and when we opened the door to our room it smelled of smoke and mildew..... all Marriots are non-smoking facilities. So back to the lobby for another room. This one was a few doors down and smelled the same as the first and the carpet was filthy!!!!! So we decided to turn on the AC to see of that would help the smell. It did and we decided to stay in the room.

We unloaded our stuff and got settled. Had a little dinner that my husband got from Taco Bell and watched some TV. The TV's were ancient but adequate. When it was time to pull out the couch to put sheets on it, I found that the sheets in the closet were wet!!!!! Also the pillow and blanket. I guess that explains some of the musty smell. But we couldn't get the bed to pull out of the couch. I already had one child asleep and we couldn't move rooms for fear of waking her up for the night. So we decided to have our son sleep on the couch and put the three girls in one of the queen beds. As I started to look around I noticed burn marks in the curtains and on the bed spreads...... I just wanted to get some sleep so we could catch our flight in the morning.

Internet was fine...

Breakfast was muffins, cold cereal, yogurt, eggs, sausage, and such. Very nice.

Very disappointed for a Marriott and I would never stay here again. I'm just looking for clean and it was not. Definitely below average for a Marriott!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

This is the 1st time I've written a review while still at the hotel, but I felt this was the best time. Just like the reviewer from central California I, too, chose this location because of the reviews plus my past experiences with the Marriott chain. Unlike the central California reviewer I found our stay absolutely wonderful. I'm not sure which room they stayed in, but the TV's were a 27" and a 19" and worked just fine. I looked at the backs and they were only 2 years old. The room was cool, comfortable, and clean. Overall service was good and the staff was very friendly. The pool was extremely clean and nice as well as the hot tub. Planes coming and going to Nashville Airport were close, but the room was virtually sound proof. I will agree that the wireless internet didn't work in our room, but there was wired access on the desk in our room and it worked great. That's how I'm typing this now. We've been so pleased that we've already booked another room here for our return trip from Florida.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Central California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

Based on the reviews we thought this would be a good place to stay with free breakfast. Unfortunately our room stunk so bad we had to get an ionizer in to clean the air. It was so muggy it felt like a swamp cooler rather than an a/c and the small tv's in our room were so old they looked like we should have been wearing 3D glasses to view them. The wireless internet did not work in our room, but did downstairs. I guess you get what you pay for. The positives were that the staff would help with any problems immediately and breakfast was good. There were two computers to use with a printer. I would not stay here again, but it was fine and clean for a quick overnight stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

I traveled to Nashville with my daughter for a mother-daughter weekend over July 4th. We arrived earlier than the check-in time, but were given our room with no problem. The room was great! We had plenty of space for the two of us with a sofa, chair, desk and two beds. The beds were very comfortable and very clean. The room itself was very clean and nice. The Internet connection was not very strong, but it worked enough for what we needed. The fridge was also small with no freezer compartment. The desserts we brought back from a restaurant were not to be trusted the next day after being in the fridge. Didn't seem cold enough. Just a minor blip to an otherwise wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2009

Been to SpringHill Suites Nashville Airport? Share your experiences!