“clean, close to everything, staff friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #24 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
“clean, close to everything, staff friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We were looking for a hotel near everything but clean with a friendly staff. We found it staying at the Springhill Suites. Right off highway 40, short drive to all the sites. Hotel shuttle service available for five dollars on a Saturday night to the Ryman, excellent bargain and convenience.
Breakfast clean buffet and eating area, food was good especially the waffles. Quiet safe area near the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Joshua L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Good day,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am so happy that you had a great stay with us here at the SpringHill and that it proved very convenient to you and yours. Also, I happy you were pleased with breakfast and the staff service that was provided to you during your stay. I hope your travels bring you back to the Nashville area again soon and you choose to stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Just stopping through Nashville. Wasn't expecting a lot for the evening. Turned out to be very pleasantly surprised.

- Check in was very nice. Paula, at the front desk, was very welcoming and professional. She was very efficient yet didn't make us feel rushed.
- First room had an issue but Paula immediately rectified the problem and gave us a new room. She was very apologetic and handled it perfectly.
- Room was very comfortable. Everything was clean and quiet.
- Fitness center was awesome. 2 treads, 1 recumbent, 1 elliptical and free weights. Not busy.
- Breakfast was great. They were busy, but they kept up. Food was tasty: eggs, oatmeal, turkey sausage, breads and muffins.
- Check out was just as nice.

I wish all hotels had people like Paula. Her management is very lucky to have her. She is a gem.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Good day,

First off, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about us on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased that we met and exceeded you expectations as it is always our goal. Also, thank you so much for your kind words about Paula, our Assistant General Manager. We are truly lucky to have her and I will be sure to share your comments with her. Please let any of us here know if we can ever accomodate you and yours again and I wish you safe travels.
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I really liked this hotel. The hotel itself and rooms were clean spacious, up to date, and close to various food choices. If you want a great breakfast that is FREE. That is what stood out for me with this hotel. They had many choices, and they had Turkey Sausage which most hotels don't. The eggs were real scrambled eggs and not powder eggs LOL! The lobby is up to date lots of places to sit and just read or be on your laptop. The gym was OK! Typical gym but better than most. There is also an indoor pool which can be nice. In my room I had 2 flat screen TV's which I wasn't complaining because it came in handy. There are a variety of restaurants/food choices in the neighborhood that you can walk too so thats kinda nice. Lastly the airport is right down the street. If work brings me in this area again I will definitely stay here again.

Good day,

I certainly appreciate you taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor and for all of your kind words. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary full breakfast and that you found the selection of items to your liking. I certainly hope your travels bring you back to the Nashville area soon and that we are able to accomodate you.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

In Nashville for 5 days and picked this Hotel due to location; Typical Marriott Springhill Suites although a little worse for wear.
First room we got was not acceptable. Bath sink was crack across in 6 or 7 places all the way thru, although someone had tried to epoxy together. That attempt ended with loose glue and dirty mold.
The surrounding walls had black mold bleeding through the wall paper. Again someone had tried to fix that but all they did was rub so hard, they left white spots and the pattern worn off.
I went down to the desk and asked for a different room. The desk clerk's apology was sincere and she gave me 1000 Marriott points for my trouble. The next room was cleaner, and seemed to have been updated somewhat. However, way too much furniture -- one large odd shaped 3 shelf unit located in the narrow short hallway. I pulled it to the end of the wall so we could get by without banging into it everytime we walked by.
Beds were OK -- a little soft for my taste but that's a personal thing. This room, like some of this brand line, lacks enough outlets. Make sure you bring a 3 way plug.
Suprisingly the noise was not evident from the airport, even though you can see the planes up close. Nashville doesn't have much traffic.
Breakfast was good, the staff replenished the food frequently and quickly. They do open up and shut down exactly on the clock however, so don't be early or late. Typical breads, micro wave food, juice etc. Table space is OK but a litle small for the crowds on a week day.

Room Tip: Check out the rooms including the bathroom before you unpack.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Good day,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We certainly appreciate any feedback, positive or constructive, that you, our guests, can give us. I certainly apologize for the initial room that you were placed in as that is unacceptable. I am happy that the desk agent did move you to a more suitable room and compensated you for your inconvenience. I truly hope the next time you are in the Nashville area you decide to stay with us and I wish you safe travels.
Jonesborough, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice, clean and modern hotel. The room includes a mini fridge and microwave. The sleeping area and "den" are separate. The price includes a hot breakfast with oatmeal, eggs, meat, fruit, etc. My only complaint about the room: No outlets next to the bed. I had to plug my phone in across the room.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Good day,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about us on TripAdvisor. We certainly appreciate hearing all comments about our property and staff as it helps us improve as a property. I will get with my chief engineer and speak with him about the location of some outlets in some of our rooms as I can understand that it would be inconvenient to have your phone so far away. I certainly hope you decide to stay with us again and I wish you safe travels.
venice, ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

When I was there severe lady bug issue. Check into my room ok a couple of lady bugs the Chinese kind that look like little beetles, I let it go sit down at the desk doing work for a couple of hours start noticing a few more on the ceiling and wall go back over where the bed is now there is hundreds all over the ceiling, drapes walls etc. and multiplying rapidly an infestation onslaught.

So go down to the front desk and ask to be moved they accommodate me but make it seem like no big deal “they are just lady bugs”. When I go back up to move my stuff from the room there is a maid in the hall I bring her in the room and she seemed shocked. Anyways move to another room there is maybe a dozen lady bugs ok I can deal with that. Stayed one more day a really cold day they all seemed to die.

Pros:
Property it is close to the airport
Free parking.
Good breakfast selection

Cons:
Airport property so not that much around there high end restaurants etc.
Kind of an older Spring Hill Suites getting a little tired.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Joshua L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Good day,

Thank you so much for taking the time to inform us of your concerns on TripAdvisor. Every two years in this part of the country there is a mass lady bug movement. Unfortunatly, it is Tennessee's state bug and protected against extermination. I do apologize for our reaction to your concern. It is an issue that we do not take lightly during that time and we should have been more empathetic to your problem. I certainly do hope you visit the Nashville area again soon and that you choose to stay with us. I wish you safe travels.
Someset, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is our second time to visit this location. That should probably tell you something in of itself.

When we fly out of Nashville, this is our destination. The main reason why is that they offer a "Park and Fly" package. You stay there the night before you fly out; park your car; they shuttle you to the airport the next morning; and you fly out. Your car stays parked there for FREE. Once you calculate the typical parking fees, it works out to be a pretty good deal.

From the hotel to the airport by shuttle is only 18 minutes. That includes two other stops along the way. So, you don't even have to leave some ridiculous amount of time earlier than you would normally anticipate.

The staff at this Springhill Suite was particularly cheerful and very accommodating. They really made us feel welcomed. Good group of folks.

Good Day,

I certainly appreciate you taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am so happy that we were able to provide you with convenient access to the airport and I will absolutely share your kind words about our staff with them. I hope you will visit us again soon and I wish you safe travels.

Been to SpringHill Suites Nashville Airport? Share your experiences!