I stayed at this hotel for a week with family and friends, as we all prepared for my wedding day. (My wedding reception was at the Parthenon immediately across the street, so the location couldn't be beat.) For starters, the hotel is gorgeous. It seems new, with dynamic and modern decor. The rooms are immaculate, and I visited a lot of them, as family members had rented out perhaps 30 rooms in the time before and during my wedding weekend. Food at the restaurants is expensive, as is the case at most hotels, and delicious. Many of the rooms either have a view of West End Ave. and the Parthenon, or Vanderbilt and the football stadium. Restaurants and stores including Borders and P.F. Chang's are steps away, easily accessed on foot without crossing any streets.
The service deserves really special mention. The staff at the Marriott bent over backwards to facilitate smooth check-ins for guests and distribution of all our "welcome bags." They also pitched in numerous times as my mom and I pulled together last-minute wedding tasks -- this includes sending and receiving faxes and other deliveries, as well as helping my mom (not a Nashville native) figure out good sources for different things. They helped my mom and I deal with several large, odd loads of stuff -- all the reception favors, for example. Several of them knew our names by the end of the week and were extremely friendly, helpful, and congratulatory. Bear in mind that our wedding utilized no Marriott services other than the block room reservations, which came at a block room discount. But they were more helpful to us in that last week, in lots of little ways, than some of my vendors.
I stayed at the Marriott a few weeks later for a friend's wedding, and this time the reception was actually at the Marriott. Their reception area was beautiful and the food was terrific.
In closing, I couldn't have been more pleased with our stay at the Marriott. The rooms are nicer than some of those at "boutique" Nashville hotels, including nearby Hotel Indigo, and the service is impeccable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's premier hotel is located in the center of vibrant midtown and the heart of Nashville's West end. The hotel overlooks the historic Vanderbilt University campus and stadium, one of America's leading private colleges. The hotel offers over 11,500 square feet of meeting and banquet facilities and is only a short walk to some of the finest restaurants and attractions in the city, one of Nashville's premier hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Marriott, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Nashville At Vanderbilt University Hotel Nashville
- Marriott Vanderbilt University
- Nashville Marriott