“Very Nice-too pricey though” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #40 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Oak Ridge
“Very Nice-too pricey though”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I am assuming this place was expensive because of the location. Very few amenities at the higher prices hotels, everything is very expensive. Wifi is not free, house wine during happy hour was still $8, and valet is $35! Regardless of all of that it was a very nice hotel, facilities here are amazing and the staff is very friendly.
To end the night we got Strawberries and Grand Marnier dessert. Very good.
I recommend this hotel if you have the money to spend.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I had business meetings in Nashville. Chose the Marriott at Vanderbilt due primarily to location near my first meeting. Overall property was very solid. Rooms were quiet and well maintained. AC was great, especially since it was quite warm and humid during my stay. Room service in the morning was very timely. Parking is very expensive. $35 for valet, $32 for self-parking, which resulted in four stars rather than five stars.

Room Tip: Free wifi for marriott gold and platinum members
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled on business
Curtis D, Assistant General Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, yesterday
Coming from such an experienced traveler, your comments mean a lot to us. Thanks very much for your review and the nice words about your stay. We check our parking rates regularly to ensure we are in-line with all the other downtown properties. Hope to see you again soon and safe travels!
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for the CMA fest in June. Friendly staff...very accomodating. Rooms were clean and pleasant. We were on the concierge floor. Lounge hours could have been better...never seemed to be open when we wanted refreshments. Overall I would stay here again. Location was good for our needs.Drugstore and eateries within walking distance as well as a bookstore. Staying here during Nashville's busiest week of the year...this hotel did a fine job of keeping our stay sane!

Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words on the hotel and our service! We are really proud of our team here, they are just great people who love to take care of our guests. We appreciate that you took the time to give them a pat on the back! Our location really is ideal. Not only are we next to lots of great restaurants, our rooms have either a great view of the Parthenon or a breathtaking view of the Vanderbilt football stadium. Hope to see you soon or next year for the CMA weekend. Safe travels!!
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is an exceptionally well-run Marriott. The staff is friendly, warm and courteous, surpassing even the high welcoming standard of Nashville. That is to say, it seemed quite genuine. My room was tidy and spotless, and even though I had no idea what the in-room Pure Elevation coffee was, it was in fact quite good. Turns out it is a proprietary Marriott brand, blending Colombian, Nicaraguan and Sumatra beans. Moreover, the small containers of half-and-half were actually fresh and mercifully free of added flavors. One negative: I couldn’t get the two power outlets to work and ran down my phone the first night. The desk clerk was honest enough to say she didn’t know how they worked either, but immediately volunteered to call the engineer. One big plus: free bikes for guest use. One real annoyance: $9.95 daily charge for internet connection, $16.95 for “enhanced high speed” (free to frequent guests). The $40 parking fee (including tax) seemed steep, but I have no downtown comparison. My struniingly quiet room was on the eighth floor overlooking the Vanderbilt Stadium. I could see just enough of the field to wonder if the higher rooms were let out as off-premises sky boxes. Football schedule or not, I would definitely stay here again. You should consider it too.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind review and comments about our staff. I will certainly be sharing your comments about our "tidy and spotless" room with the housekeeping team. They will be thrilled to read your words. I am also glad you were able to use our free bike program. Our new Trek bikes can have you touring Nashville and getting your daily exercise in at the same time. Our valet parking is $35 but we also offer a less expensive self parking option. (which not all downtown hotels do). I can also ensure you our parking fees are in-line with the other Nashville hotels. Hope to see you back again soon and safe travels!
Marblehead, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We recently stayed at this property while attending country fest in downtown Nashville. While we were two miles away from the action, the hotel provided excellent van service throughout the day to the events. The restaurant and cafe were both handy and staffed with pleasant employees who provided great service while offering well prepared food. The gym was handy, and again very clean. A friendly experience without the big chain feel.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
Wow, thank you for your kind review. Cleanliness and service are certainly two of the most important areas of focus for us, thanks for recognizing both!! I will be sharing your comments about Park25 Bistro with the team. It really is a great restaurant. Chef Kimo and his team are working up a brand new menu for roll out at the end of the month. I saw a sneak peak and it is fantastic. We hope to see you again soon or back again next year for the CMA weekend. Safe travels!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Great location in regards to Vanderbilt - overlooks the football stadium.

Very expensive for a Marriott and all that it provides. I've stayed at other Marriotts which are much nicer (eg Louisville, Miami, NYC, Atlanta) that were also less expensive.

Restaurant is bad - especially service. Go for a drink at the bar; eat at a place along Broadway.

Stayed June 2015, traveled on business
Benjamin T, Front Office Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Christopher C,

Thank you for the compliments on our location and the views of our rooms. My apologies that our pricing and restaurant did not meet your expectations. Please know that we will be using this information to better serve you and our other guests in the future.

We truly appreciate you staying with us and should you need anything else please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Ben Telenko
Front Office Manager
Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University
Benjamin.telenko@whitelodging.com
Prairieville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Huge supporter of Marriott, but this entire experience was disappointing.

The 3 stars are all earned by the staff. Staff were all very kind and helpful!!

On property alone I would probably give lower rating. Low, popcorn ceilings and tiny outdated tub. Air conditioner that makes really, really loud noise every time it turns on and can't keep the room cool. Toilet that also makes a loud noise and runs too long.

Built with even thinner than normal walls and doors with a full inch gap under them so you hear EVERYTHING your neighbors say/do. We finally called security at 3 am. He was extremely polite and very quick to respond. However, bc of the structure we were kept awake by the "quieter" party next door every night.

Love having Starbucks in lobby, but it closes at 6 pm. Guess I may be one of the few who love coffee at all hours.

Nice touch to have live music in lobby on Saturday night.

Parking prices are ridiculous. $35 a day valet ($30 self park)-- that's what you expect to pay in Los Angeles where they actually have a parking shortage. It's the most expensive parking I found in Nashville. Even more expensive than the better located hotels.

Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
Benjamin T, Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Elise H,

Thank you for your review and I’m happy hear that you enjoyed our staff and live music. I am sorry that you were disappointed in your room and valet prices. I have directed your feedback to the appropriate departments and we will be using it constructively to improve. We pride ourselves in having a great hotel with wonderful service and it is very disappointing when we have fallen so short of these goals as we did with your stay.

I hope you enjoyed your time in Music City and should you need anything else please feel free to contact me directly.

Ben Telenko
Front Office Manager
Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt
benjamin.telenko@whitelodging.com

Been to Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University? Share your experiences!