I had a 4 hour work assignment in Nashville and decided to bring my wife and 8 month old for a long weekend. We thought downtown would be too hectic/busy for our little guy and my wife wanted to run in the morning so we chose the Marriott Vanderbilt to be in a slight quieter area with a good running neighborhood.
The park across the street from the hotel is very large. It was perfect for running and my wife enjoyed running past the Parthenon.
The room was a good size. Even though we were at the hotel through a "name your own price" discount travel sight, we were treated very well. I asked for a room as high as possible facing the football field and our room was on the 9th floor right over the middle of the end zone. What a great view.
The room was a good size with two double beds. Spotless. Nice sized TV. Beds are soft with nice duvets.
The bathroom was also a good size. Marriott is like the Buick of hotels. Comfortable. Nice. Some refinement. The only "non Cadillac" aspect of Marriot vs. their JW brand or even Westin is in the shower. Plain old tub showers with plain shower heads. It's what we knew we were signing on for with a 4 star hotel but still, Marriott, the tub shower is really dated.
The Starbucks in the hotel was great. Valet Parking at $35 a day is an outrage but their valets were very quick and friendly. A big shout out to Kiefer who was super friendly. We never waited more than 2 minutes for our car.
If you don't want the mayhem of downtown, it's a 5 minute drive from the hotel to the heart of all the fun of downtown. The area had several good chai restaurants within steps of the hotel - PF Changs, J Alexander, Texas de Brazil as well as a Wendy's immediately next to the hotel. There are a dozen fun restaurants within a 10 minute walk and it's about a 20 minute walk to the fun Hillsborougn district (a 3 minute drive).
We were the only people to use the pool and it was very nice. It's on the third floor of the hotel and has a nice view of the neighborhood.
Every employee we met was genuinely friendly.
Great stay although I wish the shower was a bit nicer and that parking was free. Still loved our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's premier hotel is located in the center of vibrant midtown and the heart of Nashville's West end. The hotel overlooks the historic Vanderbilt University campus and stadium, one of America's leading private colleges. The hotel offers over 11,500 square feet of meeting and banquet facilities and is only a short walk to some of the finest restaurants and attractions in the city, one of Nashville's premier hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Venere, TripOnline SA, Marriott and Hotels.com so you can book your Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Nashville At Vanderbilt University Hotel Nashville
- Marriott Vanderbilt University
- Nashville Marriott