“Like Football? You'll Love the View! ” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #41 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
“Like Football? You'll Love the View! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Marriott Vanderbilt midweek. The staff is really courteous, everyone smiles, ready to chat, and are helpful when seeking information.

The rooms are a bit dated, however, if you're lucky enough to have a view of the stadium, the room is worth every penny. Granted, I'm a fan of the gridiron. If your room is not on the stadium side, gain access to the concierge lounge, it is the best seat in the house.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I cannot really say anything bad about the hotel specifically...however, the room rate was ridiculous. The hotel staff was friendly, the room was adequate, the restaurant staff was below average...but $366/night in Nashville, TN is absurd! This is a $150/night hotel at best...and to charge me an additional $30/night for "self-parking" was adding insult to injury. Sorry Marriott, I like your hotels, but if you think this is a fair price, you will lose me as customer in the future.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else...the "NYC" rates are unwarranted.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Patrick B, General Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear r3suns1994,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for the positive reviews on our staff and the room. My apologies for the subpar perception of value as we will be working hard to improve upon your stated issues while staying with us. Please see my contact information below if I can be of any further assistance to you as we are interested in keeping your loyalty and business.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Stayed here with my family for Vanderbilt move-in weekend. Fri/Sat nights were really expensive ($300+) and rates don't include $30 self park fee. Main floor is immaculate, service was incredible - housekeeping was polite, front desk staff was warm, friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient, even the staff at breakfast was super helpful and friendly. Really can't say enough about the service.

Our last morning we enjoyed the breakfast buffet and dined next to an older couple. When they got up to leave I heard the man say to the server, "See you next Monday, God willing." The server gave the woman a kiss on each cheek and it was clear they were regulars who appreciated this wonderful staff and atmosphere. I'm not sure how much that buffet cost but it was worth it - convenient and delicious. Bagel and lox with all the trimmings, eggs, potatoes, made-to-order omelets with about 10 different ingredient choices, cereal, oatmeal, etc. Really beautiful breakfast room full of windows and 4 TV'S to check the morning news, weather, etc. Also next to a very cool bar area that was pretty lively and fun looking.

Location is great - literally right next to the football stadium. Rooms and hallways had not been updated but everything was very clean. Hallways are not super long so rooms are close to vending/ice and elevators. Bed was a bit soft for my taste but I have a bad back. Other than that, room was spacious and comfortable. We didn't pay extra for the stadium view but the Parthenon view on the opposite side of the hotel is also nice.

I'd definitely stay here again if not for the beds, but that's a personal preference, and perhaps they have rooms with firmer mattresses upon request. The service and other pros (especially location if you can get a room on a game weekend) probably outweigh the beds, and probably make it worth the price as well.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Agree with previous reviewers regarding the clunk of the the cooling system and some other mystery sounds. In addition, room is dated and does not feel fresh. The topper of it all is that there was no housekeeping services at all one day and had to fetch towels and a few supplies form the from the front desk after waiting an hour and a half for supplies...and this is the concierge level! Not really living up to the Marriott name at all. A very disappointing stay. Would check out if I could but it is the first week of college and few rooms available nearby. Also beware of water pressure in sink..third degree burns or icy hands are both plausible options. A true waste of my Platinum points! Stay elsewhere if you can.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Patrick B, General Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear Bellaroma777,

My apologies for your recent experience and issues and please know we have addressed all of the stated issues as they pertain to the AC, stayover service, and water temp/pressure. It is our hope that you will return soon so that we may change your perspective from your last visit. Please let me know if there is anything further I can do for you.

Delaware, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Got a great deal on this hotel through Priceline on our recent trip to nashville. I was a little skeptical about what kind of room it would be for the price we paid, however I ended up being pleasantly surprised. We checked in around 5pm, there was no wait, and the process was very quick & easy. They gave us a king bed on the fifth floor, our view was of Vanderbilt university's football stadium. The room was clean, the floor was quiet (I didn't see another guest during our entire trip) & the staff was helpful. The shuttle to downtown was very convenient, the entire time we were there we never waited longer than 15 minutes for it to arrive. They even took us over to Arnold's for lunch, even though it was not within the area they drive. Right across the street from the Parthenon, which was cool to check out. If you're in nashville & want to visit downtown give this hotel a shot, the money you will save versus downtown hotels can't be beat, especially with the free shuttle.

Room Tip: Get a room on the fifth floor if you want quiet, Vanderbilt university uses this floor for their sle...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I visited Nashville for a conference, and while the staff was exceptionally helpful, polite, and accommodating, the property itself felt a little dingy, dated, and worn. Granted, the lobby and first floor areas had clearly been renovated recently, the guestroom levels have clearly not.

The AC systems in the rooms cycle and thunk loudly, making constant sleep nearly impossible, sound traveled through room walls and the corridor, the water pressure is not great, and the fact that WiFi is not free and is in fact rather expensive is almost inexcusable at this price point.

If I were paying far less I'd probably not have as much of an issue, but in comparison to other properties, and with the hotel so far from downtown, I'd hardly call this a good value.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Patrick B, General Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Icarus922,

Thank you for your recent review and for your kind words about our staff and renovated lobby area. My apologies for your issue with the AC and related noise, as we have already addressed and my hope is that you will visit us again soon. Please see my contact information below if I can be of any further assistance to you.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I stayed here for one night in August. The check in was easy and quick. The room is good sized with a comfortable bed. The breakfast in the membership lounge was good. The shower was terrible, bad water pressure and water was either too hot or cold...this the 3 stars. It is convenient to Vanderbilt and the Starbucks in the lobby area was nice.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Patrick B, General Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear David D,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for your great comments about your check-in, room/bed, and breakfast! Also, great to hear it was convenient for you to travel to Vanderbilt and that you enjoyed your Starbucks experience. Apologies for the water temperature issue as it was an isolated problem and is being addressed. Looking forward to serving you again in the future.

patrick.brown@whitelodging.com

Been to Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University? Share your experiences!