“Totally Fine” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Totally Fine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The room was quiet and clean. Staff was friendly, and this time, valet didn't lose my car, which was an improvement ;-). Location allows for walking to dinner. Mostly college kids working here, but they are fine... No complaints. Solid hotel. I'll stay here again.

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This was the second time I've had to stay at this property in 2014, and both times have been awful. On both occasions the person at the front desk was unable to find my reservation and needed a manager to locate my name in the system. During my most recent stay, after making me wait about 5 hours, I was informed that my room type had been double booked and that I would need to be in an alternative room my first night. If the bar and restaurant were extracted from this property it would be a lower-level Fairfield Inn. The rooms are worn, and there was enough dust on the furniture in my room to write messages to myself. This hotel survives because of its proximity to Vanderbilt. If it were located anywhere else their rates would need to be in the $70 range to entice guests to overlook the poor service and average accommodations.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Taylor H, General Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Stu2260,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. My apologies for your issues with the overall reservation and room type, as we typically run a high occupancy and do our very best to fulfill every room-type request. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to serve you again and be able to meet your expectations better. Please let me know if there is anything further I can do for you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This is a great hotel. If you are a sports fan and are lucky enough to get a view of the football stadium - a great scene. If not, go to the concierge level - one of the best concierge views, next to Marriott Marquis - Times Square.

I will say…this place is quite $$$$ and sells out fast. You must reserve a room early!

Great bar and restaurant. Shuttle takes you to the main street where all of the bars are located. Can't beat the free ride (outside of tip)!!!

Room Tip: anything on the stadium side.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Little rock
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We fell in to this booking from Priceline. Got a four star, but have stayed at many holiday inns and lesser hotels and received way more in perks and customer service. I wouldn't rate this anything above a 3. Unfortunately your paying for a 4. Parking is 30 dollars a day! I could have stayed downtown where all the fun is. I asked if I could receive maybe a free breakfast or parking. She said I shouldn't have stayed here then. She was real condensing and told me I should have stayed at a holiday inn. I believe her name was Katie. Oh, and Internet cost extra also.

• Stayed July 2014
Taylor H, General Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear Therealist1234,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. My apologies for your issues with the pricing of the parking and internet, as they are added services that we do our best to communicate to guests before staying. Hopefully we have the opportunity to serve you again and are able to manage your expectations better. Please let me know if there is anything further I can do for you.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Nice hotel, but definitely not a 4-star. Overpriced if you pay rack rate. Rooms need to be updated - not any nicer than most other value-priced hotels. Location is good, but the parking is outrageous @ $30 per day - $35 if you valet. The lady checking us in was rude, but everyone else was friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Taylor H, General Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear swappe,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for the positive reviews on our location and staff friendliness. My apologies for the value-price perception and for the 1 associate issue that we are looking into. My hope is that you will visit us again soon so that we can meet your expectations fully. Please see my contact information below if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

we spend a lot of time in nashville and will never again stay here.
The staff is incompetent. Mistakes on every turn.
The rooms are filthy. hair and dust everywhere. housekeeping's daily routine is barely more than a bed fold.
the executive platinum lounge is pathetic.
valet is horrendously priced.

bar service was the only redeeming part of our stay.=

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Brad B,

My sincerest apologies for your most recent experience at our property, as what you described is unacceptable and we are using your feedback to improve upon the issues at hand. My hope is that you will reach out to me personally if you are back in the area so that we can change your perception of us from this 1 experience. Please see my contact information below.

Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University
GREENVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Enjoyed our one night stay. Requested view of vanderbilts Dudley field- saw football players conditioning in morning! Son loved it! Lobby & common areas great. Room clean & comfortable. Parking- valet & self park was way overpriced. We parked in holiday inn lot next door for free:)

Room Tip: Loved view of stadium but Parthenon view would be good too!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University? Share your experiences!