The young woman at the front desk was lovely, quietly personable and very helpful. She made an effort to get us two beds instead of a king, even though online it said there were no more. She offered suggestions about what to do, based on my teen. She was unusual in that she was very service oriented, but natural and warm. It was noticeable and made a big impression on us. Looks like the hotel has had a fair amount of updating and lobby is beautiful and modern. A Starbucks right across from the elevators on the first floor makes mornings easy. The beds were fantastic, and I appreciated that there were two queens versus the usual doubles. The breakfast buffet was delicious, though not inexpensive at $30 a person. Lovely restaurant, but the service wasn't very good. Although many servers milling around, coffee never refilled until asked for, and then a long wait. Multiple servers trying to clear our plates when we were still eating. We were in and out in under 20 minutes.
In the room a few things: a small thing but the menu for breakfast room service on the hotel menu in room was less expensive then the menu for the breakfast order you hang on your front door - perhaps they just need to up date the in room menus?
The floor by our beds was really wet, so bad we had to put a towel on it. When we mentioned it to the front desk an engineer came to look at it and took a big discount off our room which was very thoughtful. Apparently it had been very recently cleaned and had not dried. (It was sopping wet...).
We did self service park at the parking lot out the back door, to me seemed expensive at $30 for an empty lot. Maybe normal for Nashville?
Sounds like I am complaining but I am not, those were small things. The beds were heaven, the location perfect for both visiting Vanderbilt and the Parathion, with the exception of the wait staff, all employees were actually exceptionally nice and helpful. The room was so comfortable we opted to stay in and read before dinner rather then heading out to explore as we had planned. Great view of Parathion right out window, lovely at night all lit up. I'd stay here every time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's premier hotel is located in the center of vibrant midtown and the heart of Nashville's West end. The hotel overlooks the historic Vanderbilt University campus and stadium, one of America's leading private colleges. The hotel offers over 11,500 square feet of meeting and banquet facilities and is only a short walk to some of the finest restaurants and attractions in the city, one of Nashville's premier hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Nashville At Vanderbilt University Hotel Nashville
- Marriott Vanderbilt University
- Nashville Marriott