We just returned from a 4 day visit to Nashville and very much enjoyed our stay at the Marriott. The hotel was easy to find from the airport (at night). We opted for the valet parking versus self parking for a few more dollars a day. The location was convenient to several restaurants and stores and close to downtown area. We were greeted by a pleasant front desk guy who made sure we had a king bed and good view of Centennial Park without us asking. Our room was good sized with a comfy bed and good linens, large flat screen TV, work desk and a comfy TV chair. I loved the Bath and Body bathroom products!
Even though the hotel seemed full, we still had a quiet night of sleep and did not feel ignored when we needed something from the staff. We ordered room service each morning for breakfast which was average but the coffee was hot! I was there for one day business meeting at the hotel and the meetings went very well. The Marriott staff did a great job setting up the meetings, rooms, and the lunch. My husband found the gym/pool small but well maintained and good enough for a morning workout. We didn’t take the shuttle out at night but instead took a taxi since it was a short and cheap ride. But I heard others rave about the friendly shuttle service. We did have a few drinks at the bar with Joe the Bartender who gave us recommendations on where to eat, drink and what to see. We recommend BBQ especially the rack of ribs at Jack’s and check out any of the bars with live bands on Broadway….but note they can still smoke in some bars….thankfully the Marriott had a washer and dryer near the gym for a quick wash and dry. Check out Centennial Park for a nice walk across the street from the Marriott and see the Parthenon! Even if you aren’t a Country music fan, head over the Grand Ole Opry. A bit of drive but an amazing area and the show was great! The fans really got into all the acts from the HOT young stars to the old timer crooners. Being history buffs we also stopped off at The Hermitage - Andrew Jackson’s home on the way to airport. It was a nice afternoon walking the area and a great US historical site.
Overall, we loved our visit to Nashville and had a great stay at the Marriott. We’d highly recommend for a local stay for a good value for $120 not including taxes a night. This place is a steal!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's premier hotel is located in the center of vibrant midtown and the heart of Nashville's West end. The hotel overlooks the historic Vanderbilt University campus and stadium, one of America's leading private colleges. The hotel offers over 11,500 square feet of meeting and banquet facilities and is only a short walk to some of the finest restaurants and attractions in the city, one of Nashville's premier hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Nashville At Vanderbilt University Hotel Nashville
- Marriott Vanderbilt University
- Nashville Marriott