“Great stay.....would go back.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #45 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Boston
“Great stay.....would go back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2008

We just returned from a 4 day visit to Nashville and very much enjoyed our stay at the Marriott. The hotel was easy to find from the airport (at night). We opted for the valet parking versus self parking for a few more dollars a day. The location was convenient to several restaurants and stores and close to downtown area. We were greeted by a pleasant front desk guy who made sure we had a king bed and good view of Centennial Park without us asking. Our room was good sized with a comfy bed and good linens, large flat screen TV, work desk and a comfy TV chair. I loved the Bath and Body bathroom products!
Even though the hotel seemed full, we still had a quiet night of sleep and did not feel ignored when we needed something from the staff. We ordered room service each morning for breakfast which was average but the coffee was hot! I was there for one day business meeting at the hotel and the meetings went very well. The Marriott staff did a great job setting up the meetings, rooms, and the lunch. My husband found the gym/pool small but well maintained and good enough for a morning workout. We didn’t take the shuttle out at night but instead took a taxi since it was a short and cheap ride. But I heard others rave about the friendly shuttle service. We did have a few drinks at the bar with Joe the Bartender who gave us recommendations on where to eat, drink and what to see. We recommend BBQ especially the rack of ribs at Jack’s and check out any of the bars with live bands on Broadway….but note they can still smoke in some bars….thankfully the Marriott had a washer and dryer near the gym for a quick wash and dry. Check out Centennial Park for a nice walk across the street from the Marriott and see the Parthenon! Even if you aren’t a Country music fan, head over the Grand Ole Opry. A bit of drive but an amazing area and the show was great! The fans really got into all the acts from the HOT young stars to the old timer crooners. Being history buffs we also stopped off at The Hermitage - Andrew Jackson’s home on the way to airport. It was a nice afternoon walking the area and a great US historical site.

Overall, we loved our visit to Nashville and had a great stay at the Marriott. We’d highly recommend for a local stay for a good value for $120 not including taxes a night. This place is a steal!

• Liked — Location and staff
  • Disliked — Price for parking. Boring menu at restaurant/roomservice
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Dalton, Ga.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2008

Stayed at this hotel the first week of October 2008 on a business trip. Valet parking is kind of expensive, $22 per day. The conference I was attending was in the same building so I decided to self park. There are tons of resturants within walking distance so this proved to be a wise decision. The hotel is directly beside Vanderbuilt's football stadium and directly across from the Parthenon. My room was on the 8th floor and was facing the street. The room was very quite and had a great view of the Parthenon...very pretty when it's lit up at night. I was in a standard king room. Very clean, nicely decorated. It did have a LCD television so that was a plus. Bathroom was very clean and spaceous. The bed was amazing, pillow top with about 8 pillows.

All in all it was a great trip. I would stay here again if I travel back to Nashville.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
The Bay Area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2008

I was in Nashville on business, stayed in a room that overlooked the football field. Can't complain about it - the room was clean, the service OK. Ditto for the gym.

They have a free shuttle that takes you downtown. Very cool.

Nonetheless, at $239 the value was not there especially since they made me pay extra for WiFi. A small thing to make a customer resentful! I see Accenture boasts in The Economist that they helped "implement a new internet platform" - next time in Nashville i'll try to stay in a different hotel.

Another thing: the airport shuttle guy who is supposed to pick passengers in the lobby never announced his presence. As a result, I almost missed the plane. If you intend to use their shuttle, be extra careful.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2008

Dissatisfied. I have stayed at several top notch Marriott's. This, however, was far from top notch. The room seemed to be clean until my 14 month old daughter pulled something from beneath the bed and I discovered it to be a to go box with opened gatorade bottles. GROSS!!!!!! I repeatedly asked for clean linens and were told I would recieve them and never did. Also, where are the garbage bags???? I realize this hotel accomodates mainly business people, but with the exception, there are a few people who travel with their families abroad. There were no garbage bags in the trash cans and after putting my daughters diapers in there I wonder if the employees came back and sterilized those trash cans. I would dare to answer that with a no if they can't even clean under the bed. I don't expect very much but with cost of this room, I would have expected more. I have stayed in a hotel for $50 that was much more nicer than this.

Stayed September 2008
New York, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

Stayed at the Marriot Vanderbilt for a work conference mid-September. After looking at the website I knew it wasn't a 5 star, and that it would be a hotel that 'did the job'. I was given a great room, all the way along the corridor that overlooked the football stadium - which was really great given there was a Vandy game on that w/end! Amazing view of the stadium and the bleechers. If you can get a room with a view for the w/end - do it!
The breakfast buffet was fairly basic - it's not a big hotel, so the guy in the kitchen was also the guy who was meant to make the waffles/eggs at the buffet - so I had a bit of a wait. The room was very clean and a decent size. I had to call housekeeping one day b/c it was 4pm & they still hadn't cleaned up my room.
I was prepared to pay for a few cab rides to go into town but was pleasantly surprised to find out the hotel has a free shuttle service for anywhere you want to go within a 2 mile radius - they drop you off, and you can call them to come and collect you (up until 11pm). The gym is clean and has extremely modern treadmills. The pool is also v.clean, but small, so don't go thinking you can do laps.
My only comment - there was a funny stench when you walked into the lobby, somewhat seweage'ish, not too bad, but there was definitely a lingering smell.
Would recommend this for a quick stay.

• Liked — Free shuttle service in and out of town/main tourist sights
  • Disliked — Smell in the lobby
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

Stayed at the Mariott Vanderbilt for one Saturday night. We did not have a reservation but were able to get a room immediately. They give a 5 percent AAA discount too, which helps when all the taxes add up.

Our room faced the Vanderbilt football field, which was cool. Beds were comfy, bathroom roomy, everything clean.

Location is great -- try a salad a Calypso across West End or venture to PM Cafe for tasty Asian fare. Cabs were waiting out front if you needed them and they also have a "drunk bus" which will take guests around town within a two mile radius.

For $149/night, I was disappointed that you still had to pay for Internet. (This is not the case at the Courtyard by Marriot down the street.) Also, parking is expensive. The indoor pool looked okay and the fitness room is open 24 hours. Ample cardio equipment but no ab machines or mats to lay on the floor for stretching.

This property is nice but on the expensive side, if you ask me. It IS Nashville, after all.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Internet Fee; Expensive parking
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

I was in Nashville on business in July, and was very pleased with my stay at the Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University hotel. The hotel was located next to the Vanderbilt campus and football stadium, and right across the street from the park and the replica of the Parthenon. The rooms were quite comfortable and very clean. I was also very happy with service at the hotel. While I was trying to get a taxi back to the airport, the hotel staffed informed me that an airport shuttle picks guests up from the back entrance every thirty minutes for only $12. The hotel also offers a guest van that is happy to drive and pick up guests from various destinations around Nashville. All in all I was very happy with my stay, and the Marriott Nashville would be my first choice next time I return to the city.

• Liked — The proximity to the Vanderbilt University campus.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University? Share your experiences!